News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

The War Against Hipsters, Part 1.

Started by Suu, November 18, 2010, 07:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

BadBeast

I fail to see anything funny here! Unless you're like, seven years old!  Hrrumph!
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Suu

I'm speechless.

Oh hey, my winter jacket is Arizona Jean Company from 2002. It's 8 years old! Maybe I could sell it to that store on consignment?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

OHNO my kid's gonna be a hipster when he grows up?  :x

:lulz: j/k  Though I find it interesting that I wear vintage that I thought was just old and comfy after so many years of use... :lulz:  But then whenever I go into an Aardvark's or whatever resale barn around town, I'm reminded of that all the time--"ohey this lame sweater is back IN?"

BadBeast

Last time I visited my 15 year old daughter, (Eris)  we were looking at some photos, and her mum found one of the day she was born, and I was sat there, with my newborn daughter in my arms, wearing the same fucking hooded shirt that I happened to have on, that day, nearly 16 years later! "Dad, please tell me that's not the same shirt as you're wearing now".  Couldn't lie to her,  "What? I only kept it because I'm a fucking hipster! it reminds me of the day you were born my precious angel"
(Now I remember why me & her mother split up!)   :lulz:
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Jenne

The oldest thing I own as an article of clothing (and I wear it almost daily) is a pink cardigan I got from Lerner's when I was around 13.  I'm 37.  :lol:

I wear it like a slouchy robe.

BadBeast

Quote from: Jenne on November 19, 2010, 02:17:52 PM
The oldest thing I own as an article of clothing (and I wear it almost daily) is a pink cardigan I got from Lerner's when I was around 13.  I'm 37.  :lol:

I understand completely. It's a sentimental thing, yeah?
It's nothing to do with any "Hipsterish" notions of retro cool, so let those haters think whatever they like, they'll be 'approaching middle age' one day, and I shudder to think what terminology their kids will insult them with.

Jenne

Quote from: BadBeast on November 19, 2010, 02:35:55 PM

It's nothing to do with any "Hipsterish" notions of retro cool, so let those haters think whatever they like, they'll be 'approaching middle age' one day, and I shudder to think what terminology their kids will insult them with.

Actually, it's mostly that it fits and smells nice when I wash it and is just fucking comfortable as hell.  The fact it's seen me through the surfeit of my teen years, my early adulthood and the birthing of 2 babies is probably just the icing on the cake... ;)

Suu

I have a sweater that my dad owned in the 1970s. I've been wearing it since I was 15. In the 90s, it was grunge, in the 00's, my friend's called me Kelso when I wore it, and now, I could sell it for $150 on Etsy to some hipster as vintage. I won't though, because it's comfy as all hell. The cuffs are all stretched out and it reminds me of the 3 or 4 cold days out of the year in Florida when I could wear it. I'm wearing it actually in my senior class picture, as in, the whole class sitting on the bleachers in the stadium. It was probably 60, but we were all freezing.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

BadBeast

Quote from: Jenne on November 19, 2010, 02:38:00 PM

Actually, it's mostly that it fits and smells nice when I wash it and is just fucking comfortable as hell.  The fact it's seen me through the surfeit of my teen years, my early adulthood and the birthing of 2 babies is probably just the icing on the cake... ;)

Mmmmm, Cake!  :lol:

Jenne

Quote from: Suu on November 19, 2010, 02:49:04 PM

I have a sweater that my dad owned in the 1970s. I've been wearing it since I was 15. In the 90s, it was grunge, in the 00's, my friend's called me Kelso when I wore it, and now, I could sell it for $150 on Etsy to some hipster as vintage. I won't though, because it's comfy as all hell. The cuffs are all stretched out and it reminds me of the 3 or 4 cold days out of the year in Florida when I could wear it. I'm wearing it actually in my senior class picture, as in, the whole class sitting on the bleachers in the stadium. It was probably 60, but we were all freezing.

I hear you.  60'F is considered butt-cold out here in SD.  :lulz:

And yeah, I wish I'd kept more of my mom's 70's stuff, but I only kept her jewelry that she tossed off.  Oh wait, I just remembered--that pic of me in the French restaurant eating French onion soup in an Eiffel Tower t-shirt?  THAT HAT is from the 70's.  It was my mom's newsie and she didn't want it anymore.  I still wear it and get compliments on it.  But I just have a habit of picking up what I like rather than what's in fashion--if the two happen to meet in the middle, it's all good.

Jenne

Quote from: BadBeast on November 19, 2010, 02:51:11 PM

Mmmmm, Cake!  :lol:

I know, I fucked up that analogy, probably, :lol:

BadBeast

:wink:
Quote from: Jenne on November 19, 2010, 03:55:12 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on November 19, 2010, 02:51:11 PM

Mmmmm, Cake!  :lol:

I know, I fucked up that analogy, probably, :lol:
It works for me!   :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Who is the loser asshole who decided that "deck" was the new word for cool? That was forced and an obvious miserable flop.

I just retired my favorite hoodie from when I was 18. :( I miss it.

I'm wearing a newer hoodie that isn't as awesome, a Natalie Dee T-shirt, and a pair of Juniors department jeans I got on eBay for $5. Also my bangs are pink. As far as I can tell, I'm a hipster.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Quote from: Nigel on November 19, 2010, 05:02:18 PM
Who is the loser asshole who decided that "deck" was the new word for cool? That was forced and an obvious miserable flop.

I just retired my favorite hoodie from when I was 18. :( I miss it.

I'm wearing a newer hoodie that isn't as awesome, a Natalie Dee T-shirt, and a pair of Juniors department jeans I got on eBay for $5. Also my bangs are pink. As far as I can tell, I'm a hipster.

:D  I think you're just a really cute dudette who wears the stuff she loves most.  You'll always be in style, for that very reason.  People who don't go by what's going to be out of style in the next 10 minutes but instead what they love and makes them feel good on the inside by wearing it on the outside--those are the people who are ALWAYS in fashion, and ALWAYS cool. 

ALSO:  NATALIE DEEEEEEEE!!!