News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

The War Against Hipsters, Part 1.

Started by Suu, November 18, 2010, 07:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenne on November 19, 2010, 05:07:25 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 19, 2010, 05:02:18 PM
Who is the loser asshole who decided that "deck" was the new word for cool? That was forced and an obvious miserable flop.

I just retired my favorite hoodie from when I was 18. :( I miss it.

I'm wearing a newer hoodie that isn't as awesome, a Natalie Dee T-shirt, and a pair of Juniors department jeans I got on eBay for $5. Also my bangs are pink. As far as I can tell, I'm a hipster.

:D  I think you're just a really cute dudette who wears the stuff she loves most.  You'll always be in style, for that very reason.  People who don't go by what's going to be out of style in the next 10 minutes but instead what they love and makes them feel good on the inside by wearing it on the outside--those are the people who are ALWAYS in fashion, and ALWAYS cool. 

ALSO:  NATALIE DEEEEEEEE!!!

Actually, since the entire premise of identifying who is a hipster is based on assuming you can tell a person's motivations by looking at them, my actual motivations for dressing the way I do don't matter at all.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Who is the loser asshole who decided that "deck" was the new word for cool? That was forced and an obvious miserable flop.

I never even heard that word... shows how out of the loop I am.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

I hadn't heard about it since I saw that recipe. I think it's queer.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

BadBeast

Quote from: Hoopla on November 19, 2010, 05:15:29 PM

Me neither, and I usually have my finger right on the pulse of what's fresh, and happening!
Dat's whai they call me Mr Superfly guy, when ai is hanging wit mai cru, ai is teh main man, cuz we is rollin' deeper than deep! Nawatti mean?  

(Fuck knows where that came from, I must be channelling some right bunky shite!) Got to remember to get a fucking grip on meself!    :fap:
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As far as I can tell, "deck" is a forced meme some internet asspack made up and it completely failed to take off.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BadBeast

Quote from: Nigel on November 19, 2010, 05:35:09 PM
As far as I can tell, "deck" is a forced meme some internet asspack made up and it completely failed to take off.
Like the Windows Vista of Memes?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Jenne

Quote from: Nigel on November 19, 2010, 05:10:33 PM
Quote from: Jenne on November 19, 2010, 05:07:25 PM

I just retired my favorite hoodie from when I was 18. :( I miss it.

I'm wearing a newer hoodie that isn't as awesome, a Natalie Dee T-shirt, and a pair of Juniors department jeans I got on eBay for $5. Also my bangs are pink. As far as I can tell, I'm a hipster.

:D  I think you're just a really cute dudette who wears the stuff she loves most.  You'll always be in style, for that very reason.  People who don't go by what's going to be out of style in the next 10 minutes but instead what they love and makes them feel good on the inside by wearing it on the outside--those are the people who are ALWAYS in fashion, and ALWAYS cool. 

ALSO:  NATALIE DEEEEEEEE!!!

Actually, since the entire premise of identifying who is a hipster is based on assuming you can tell a person's motivations by looking at them, my actual motivations for dressing the way I do don't matter at all.

I can't indentify them, myself.  But then I couldn't do emo either.  I fail at these distinctions.

Jenne

Quote from: Hoopla on November 19, 2010, 05:15:29 PM

Huyup, I'm with the rest of y'all--never heard of that "deck" term, and thanks to urbandictionary.com and this place, it reminded me of this definition instead:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=upper+decking

BadBeast

Ah, the Urban Dictionary! I went through a phase of sending definitions in to them. Got 8 published. Put BadBeast in their search box, and up they come.

BadBeast

How many hipsters does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Oh, it's a really obscure number, you've probably never heard of it...
:lulz:  :fap:  :lulz:

Slyph

I thought I was fashionably downturned until I had to dress up and found I couldn't because all my clothes were shit. Turns out I'm just poor. It's a fine line.

BadBeast

I tend to go for a more of a 'Low Style Post-Downturn Retro Crusty' look, that I've been working on for about 20 years.   8)

Slyph

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Nigel on November 19, 2010, 05:35:09 PM

Ive never once heard of the word "Deck" being used as an adjective before this thread.

Also, while were on the topic of hipsters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lmvX00TLY

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!