News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Unlimited Wikileaks Shenanigans

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, November 22, 2010, 09:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

If any of those assholes has any semblance of mercy, theyll give him the death penalty.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on March 03, 2011, 06:44:31 PM

If any of those assholes has any semblance of mercy, theyll give him the death penalty.
I read this without seeing this last post on the previous page and thought you were referring to Assange on the rape charges. I thought that might be a little bit extreme.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Aucoq

Quote from: Vartox on March 04, 2011, 03:01:23 AM
Quote from: Joh'Nyx on March 03, 2011, 06:44:31 PM

I read this without seeing this last post on the previous page and thought you were referring to Assange on the rape charges. I thought that might be a little bit extreme.

:lulz:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Cain

According to Private Eye magazine, Julian Assange alleged there was a "Jewish conspiracy" against him in private conversation with their editor.  Assange has denied doing so.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

The thing is, this could mean either one of two things:

Either the Usgov is stating explicitly that Wikileaks is an enemy organization of the United States, on a par with Al-Qaeda and the Disney Breakfast Club,

OR

Usgov is charging that Manning's leaks indirectly aided "the enemy" (Al-Qaeda and the Monkees) through leaking the material to a third party news organization who then published the material...an argument which could be made for any leak done by anyone to any US news organization.

Given Obama's war on whistblowers, I'm going to go with the second.  Which means, should a case be successful, all whistleblowing on national security issues would technically be considered treason and so carry the death penalty.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on March 04, 2011, 07:51:23 AM
The thing is, this could mean either one of two things:

Either the Usgov is stating explicitly that Wikileaks is an enemy organization of the United States, on a par with Al-Qaeda and the Disney Breakfast Club,

OR

Usgov is charging that Manning's leaks indirectly aided "the enemy" (Al-Qaeda and the Monkees) through leaking the material to a third party news organization who then published the material...an argument which could be made for any leak done by anyone to any US news organization.

Given Obama's war on whistblowers, I'm going to go with the second.  Which means, should a case be successful, all whistleblowing on national security issues would technically be considered treason and so carry the death penalty.

If that's the case the 1st Amendment is deader than Thomas Jefferson.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Charley Brown on March 03, 2011, 03:43:41 PM
The U.S. Army Wednesday notified Pfc. Bradley Manning, a prime suspect in the WikiLeaks case, that he now faces 22 more charges in connection with allegedly downloading secret information from computers in Iraq.

The most serious new charge alleges that he aided the enemy by making this information public. That charge is punishable by death. A news release from the Army said the prosecution team "has notified the defense that the prosecution will not recommend the death penalty," but technically it is up to the commander overseeing the case to make the final decision about the death penalty.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/03/02/wikileaks.suspect/index.html?hpt=T2

This guy will never be free for the rest of his life.

So it turns out that leaking diplomatic cables in fact did put some soldier's life in danger.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 05, 2011, 04:18:48 PM
The U.S. Army Wednesday notified Pfc. Bradley Manning, a prime suspect in the WikiLeaks case, that he now faces 22 more charges in connection with allegedly downloading secret information from computers in Iraq.

The most serious new charge alleges that he aided the enemy by making this information public. That charge is punishable by death. A news release from the Army said the prosecution team "has notified the defense that the prosecution will not recommend the death penalty," but technically it is up to the commander overseeing the case to make the final decision about the death penalty.

So it turns out that leaking diplomatic cables in fact did put some soldier's life in danger.

Trip wins the interbutts.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

Aucoq

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 05, 2011, 04:18:48 PM

:mittens:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Triple Zero

Btw it wouldn't have surprised me too much, if the leaks would have endangered other soldiers' lives, as I don't know exactly what kind of precautions he took for responsible disclosure. I don't know what kind of risk he took. But the fact is that a few months ago,in a Guardian or BBC article I read about a Pentagon report stating they had not been able to find any evidence of soldiers' lives being put in danger "that would otherwise not have been in danger". And I'm 169% sure that if they'd have found anything more between now and then, it'd have been plastered all over the media. (Instead of just the usual screaming heads shouting unsourced bullcrap)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Triple Zero

Alleged 'WikiLeaker' Bradley Manning sent to less restrictive prison

Under pressure from human rights groups, the Defense Department moved Bradley Manning, charged with giving classified documents to WikiLeaks, to the Fort Leavenworth military prison in Kansas.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 22, 2011, 08:15:29 PM
Alleged 'WikiLeaker' Bradley Manning sent to less restrictive prison

Under pressure from human rights groups, the Defense Department moved Bradley Manning, charged with giving classified documents to WikiLeaks, to the Fort Leavenworth military prison in Kansas.

Yay!  Maybe they'll give him a blanket and a shower while they're at it.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,