News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

I love our retarded media

Started by Cain, November 25, 2010, 02:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Highlights of the protest so far:

3 police offers "seriously injured", apparently.
The police say there has been "provoked violence" from the students (Freudian Slip?  Absolutely).
A rubbish tip has been set on fire on the Victoria Embankment
Riot police are allegedly moving into Parliament Square.  Mounted officers are already present.
Students are reporting indiscriminate police violence.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on December 09, 2010, 04:58:58 PM
Highlights of the protest so far:

3 police offers "seriously injured", apparently.
The police say there has been "provoked violence" from the students (Freudian Slip?  Absolutely).
A rubbish tip has been set on fire on the Victoria Embankment
Riot police are allegedly moving into Parliament Square.  Mounted officers are already present.
Students are reporting indiscriminate police violence.

I'm shocked.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

One Junior Lib Dem MP has resigned from the Government in protest.  However, 27+ defections are needed, plus the opposition parties to hold their nerve for it to be defeated.

Cain

7 arrests.

Police are whining on TV that because students deviated from the agreed upon route they now have to beat the buggers into submission.  Also apparently people have travelled to London for the purpose of committing violent disorder.  So we know why the riot police are there, at least.

Cain

Two Lib Dem Junior MPs resigned now.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on December 09, 2010, 05:06:05 PM
7 arrests.

Police are whining on TV that because students deviated from the agreed upon route they now have to beat the buggers into submission.  Also apparently people have travelled to London for the purpose of committing violent disorder.  So we know why the riot police are there, at least.

Good grief.

Cain

Vote is starting.

It's gonna be a long night in London.

Cain

Tory MP has resigned as a ministerial aide in protest.

Cain

Adios

bds

Dalek

Fuck that. I just gave up my hopes for studying in England :/

Adios

Nice job creating a vast class separation Britain. Long Live the Queen.

Cain

Dalekk, under the old system you would've been paying £10,000 a year anyway.  And with the new restrictions on foreign students, your chances of getting in were not very likely, regardless of how this vote went (yes, the government restricted foreign students, who bring in more money than students from the UK, then said there wasn't enough money.  Too fucking funny).

Also, the students are on a rampage.  And by that, they mean a few threw some stones at riot police, you know, the ones with shields, did some rather shitty graffiti and smashed up a couple of phone boxes.  The police are keeping the press back while kicking the shit out of students.

LMNO

Well done, protesters.

No one is talking about the austerity programs, and the 300% increase of tuition.

They're all talking about the shocking (shocking!) attack on Bonnie Prince Charles' car by a "spinter" protest group.

Luckily, Charles' security staff didn't open fire, and no one was hurt, or arrested.

Hey, wait a minute... if I wanted to distract the media from the main issues, I'd probably get a few undercover officers to set up a mock attack on an important figure...