News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Wikileaks' Julian Assange had a blog, the prose on it breaks my head in good way

Started by geekdad, November 29, 2010, 09:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geekdad

http://web.archive.org/web/20071020051936/http://iq.org/

Julian Assange's old blog.

QuoteWed 03 Jan 2007 : Witnessing

Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence and thereby eventually lose all ability to defend ourselves and those we love. In a modern economy it is impossible to seal oneself off from injustice.

If we have brains or courage, then we are blessed and called on not to frit these qualities away, standing agape at the ideas of others, winning pissing contests, improving the efficiencies of the neocorporate state, or immersing ourselves in obscuranta, but rather to prove the vigor of our talents against the strongest opponents of love we can find.

If we can only live once, then let it be a daring adventure that draws on all our powers. Let it be with similar types whos hearts and heads we may be proud of. Let our grandchildren delight to find the start of our stories in their ears but the endings all around in their wandering eyes.

The whole universe or the structure that perceives it is a worthy opponent, but try as I may I can not escape the sound of suffering. Perhaps as an old man I will take great comfort in pottering around in a lab and gently talking to students in the summer evening and will accept suffering with insouciance. But not now; men in their prime, if they have convictions are tasked to act on them.
Making you think you're crazy is a billion dollar industry.
If they could sell sanity in a bottle
They'd be charging for compressed air,
And marketing healthcare.

Placid Dingo

QuoteDid I ever tell you about the time Nataliya took me out to go get a drink with her? We go off looking for a bar and we can't find one. Finally Nataliya takes me to a vacant lot and says, 'Here we are.' We sat there for a year and a half, until sure enough, someone constructs a bar around us. Well, the day they opened we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. Nataliya yelled over the roar of the flames, 'Always leave things the way you found 'em!'

QuoteThe history of warfare is similarly subdivided, although here the phases
are Retribution, Anticipation, and Diplomacy.  Thus:

Retribution:
        I'm going to kill you because you killed my brother.
Anticipation:
        I'm going to kill you because I killed your brother.
Diplomacy:
        I'm going to kill my brother and then kill you on the
        pretext that your brother did it.

Does anyone know an easy way to make this material into a PDF?
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

geekdad

Making you think you're crazy is a billion dollar industry.
If they could sell sanity in a bottle
They'd be charging for compressed air,
And marketing healthcare.

Placid Dingo

Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

The Good Reverend Roger

And now he is a terrorist.  At least according to one congressman, who is trying to have Wikileaks designated as a terrorist organization.

No shit.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

I know that the idea of labelling inconvenient people as "terrorists" isn't as important as Fox reporting Onion articles as fact, but here you go...

Congressman Peter King is at it again:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-20023941-38.html

QuoteCongressman wants WikiLeaks listed as terrorist group

The incoming chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee says WikiLeaks should be officially designated as a terrorist organization.

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.), the panel's presumptive next head, asked the Obama administration today to "determine whether WikiLeaks could be designated a foreign terrorist organization," putting the group in the same company as Al Qaeda and Aum Shinrikyo, the Japanese cult that released deadly sarin gas on the Tokyo subway.

"WikiLeaks appears to meet the legal criteria" of a U.S.-designated terrorist organization, King wrote in a letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton reviewed by CNET. He added: "WikiLeaks presents a clear and present danger to the national security of the United States."

King's letter was prompted by a massive document dump totaling more than 250,000 State Department diplomatic cables, which WikiLeaks gave in advance to news organizations, including Germany's Der Spiegel and Spain's El Pais, that began appearing on the Internet this morning. The White House has condemned the release, which Der Spiegel called "nothing short of a political meltdown for U.S. foreign policy."

(more at link)

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jasper

It's not really been much of a meltdown, though, so it's pretty transparent that this is crooked.  Going to mail my congress thing about this.

Cain

Palin also believes Wikileaks should be considered a terrorist organization.  And if she were to become President, she could declare it without Congressional approval, IIRC.

Of course, Clinton only backed away from overtly saying it herself.  She said Wikileaks "threatened international stability".  I mean, that's the kind of language that has historically led to Article 5 of NATO being invoked.  No doubt soon GOP Congressmen will call for the invasion of Wikileakistan.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 29, 2010, 09:25:12 PM
It's not really been much of a meltdown, though, so it's pretty transparent that this is crooked.  Going to mail my congress thing about this.

UM.

:banana:

TGRR,
Will address all further correspondence with Gabriel Giffords as "Dear Congress Thing".