News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

More proof pie is inferior to cake!

Started by AFK, November 30, 2010, 02:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

They had to go and invent alcoholic whipped cream to make you forget about how much pie, and other foods, suck. 

http://smartabouthealth.net/diseases/2010/11/30/forget-four-loko-now-you-can-get-drunk-on-whipped-cream/

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Whatever

OK so you do whatever it is they do with the gasses to get high then basically drink the whipped cream and you are fucked royally?

Damn.

I still want some.  I want to get whipped cream wasted!   :lulz:

Reginald Ret

I had thought about alcoholic whipped cream but i assumed it would be near impossible to make.
Cool to hear they somehow managed to do it.
Could i get the recipe?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Triple Zero

My molecular gastronomy book hints at the possibility of making whipped cream from runny Camembert and vermouth, but doesn't give a recipe. It just states that it ought to have the proper kind of protein/fat/liquid ingredients that would make it work out. I never tried it.

I just checked the book and it also mentions that it should be easy and work out really well :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

I've made whipped cream with liqueurs before--it ain't that hard.

Jenne

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 30, 2010, 02:46:08 PM
They had to go and invent alcoholic whipped cream to make you forget about how much pie, and other foods, suck. 

http://smartabouthealth.net/diseases/2010/11/30/forget-four-loko-now-you-can-get-drunk-on-whipped-cream/

This seems very odd and desperate...it's not hard at all to add a drizzle of liqueur to the heavy whipping cream as you beat it with rotary beaters...

Rumckle

Also it says it is the equivalent of 4 beers, which really isn't that much. Hell, I'd be more worried about the fat and sugar in an entire can of whipped cream rather than the alcohol.

I could see them having a problem if this seemed to be marketed to a younger audience, though.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Phox

The cake is a lie! Pie is the most sumptuous of desserts! Cheesecake is the greatest achievement known to pie! All things are inferior to Mighty Cheesecake!  :argh!:

*reads more than title*

alcoholic whipped cream? ooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

AFK

Quote from: Jenne on December 02, 2010, 09:10:38 PM

This seems very odd and desperate...it's not hard at all to add a drizzle of liqueur to the heavy whipping cream as you beat it with rotary beaters...

:lmnuendo:

This should go in the ChaosSutra thread.  ;)

AFK

Quote from: Rumckle on December 03, 2010, 02:06:03 AM
Also it says it is the equivalent of 4 beers, which really isn't that much. Hell, I'd be more worried about the fat and sugar in an entire can of whipped cream rather than the alcohol.

I could see them having a problem if this seemed to be marketed to a younger audience, though.

The kids will market to a younger audience.  Eventually it will find its way onto the web.  The use of the whipping cream to get drunk and the inhalant to get high will be given some kind of fad name. 

Please to note I am not suggesting the product should be pulled or anything.  I'm just saying I can see where this train is going before it even leaves the station. 

LMNO

Not to derail the thread, but wouldn't it be safe to say that:

"Any commercial product that temporarily skews perception will be discovered and used by a percentage of adolescents, and be given a silly name"?

So, those kids that get into "Creaming"* would be the same kids who are already doing whippets and shoplifting nips of schnapps, right?

The question being, does the introduction of a new product affect a larger percentage of kids, or do the at-risk groups simply gain a new way to get fucked up?

:lmnuendo:

AFK

I think its the latter.  Honestly, I do think that sometimes my field gets a little too worked up about these things.  Four Loko was a little different only because of the amount of adolescents who already drink large amounts of energy drinks.  There was also some information that just came out that seems to suggest a pre-disposition of kids who consume energy drinks regularly to becoming alcohol dependent. 

The alcoholic whipped cream thing I don't think will really be that big of a problem.  Unless, of course, the media sensationalizes it.  But yeah, I think this will probably be something mostly limited to the kids who are already huffing and using alcoholic tampons and pouring alcohol into their eye sockets. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenne on December 02, 2010, 09:10:38 PM

That's what I was thinking... and I whip cream by hand with a whisk.

Also, notwithstanding any furor about its alcohol content, anyone who drinks a pint of cream (let alone a whipped, sweetened pint of cream) needs to seriously review their nutritional priorities. Also, GROSS.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

That whipped cream tastes like rubbing alcohol.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 03, 2010, 02:42:29 PM
I think its the latter.  Honestly, I do think that sometimes my field gets a little too worked up about these things.  Four Loko was a little different only because of the amount of adolescents who already drink large amounts of energy drinks.  There was also some information that just came out that seems to suggest a pre-disposition of kids who consume energy drinks regularly to becoming alcohol dependent. 

The alcoholic whipped cream thing I don't think will really be that big of a problem.  Unless, of course, the media sensationalizes it.  But yeah, I think this will probably be something mostly limited to the kids who are already huffing and using alcoholic tampons and pouring alcohol into their eye sockets. 

EYE SOCKETS?!

:vom:

Also I think energy drinks are funny. I don't know why people drink them.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS