News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

SPIDER IV - A NEW HOPE.

Started by LMNO, December 01, 2010, 07:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Jenkem and Bubble Baths on April 07, 2011, 12:07:11 PM
Quote from: Luna on April 07, 2011, 10:17:43 AM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 07, 2011, 03:31:35 AM
Any of you guys have this sinking feeling that with Khara, Freeky, Jenne, AND Nigel we all fell for the "what, little ole me" routine?

I didn't.   :wink:  I suspected Freeky, the, "Roger would know" bit didn't wash, but I wasn't sure. 

Blight was almost TOO helpful, I suspected that he might be a very, VERY tricky spider, since in the round we converted him, had we tried to convert a spider and lost a cabal member, we would have been in trouble. 

I never said Roger would know.  I don't think anyone DID.

Hrm...  It's in my head that at least somebody mentioned you wouldn't be able to keep it a secret.  Could rummage through 34 pages, but I gotta at least pretend to get some work done here today.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Nephew Twiddleton

Any of you guys have this sinking feeling that with Khara, Freeky, Jenne, AND Nigel we all fell for the "what, little ole me" routine?

I didn't.   :wink:  I suspected Freeky, the, "Roger would know" bit didn't wash, but I wasn't sure. 

Blight was almost TOO helpful, I suspected that he might be a very, VERY tricky spider, since in the round we converted him, had we tried to convert a spider and lost a cabal member, we would have been in trouble. 

Nah, that's how I was in Spiders II also, and I was a Discordian in that one.
And then of course in Spiders III I threw Villager under the bus. The closer I am to figuring things out, the more advice I give/more noise I make.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Blight on April 07, 2011, 03:24:01 PM

And then of course in Spiders III I threw Villager under the bus. The closer I am to figuring things out, the more advice I give/more noise I make.

To be fair, Villager and I were fucked from Round II in Spiders III.  We both, completely by chance, picked Discordians AND failed to subsume them, so it was narrowed down to four people.   :sad:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 07, 2011, 03:28:49 PM

To be fair, Villager and I were fucked from Round II in Spiders III.  We both, completely by chance, picked Discordians AND failed to subsume them, so it was narrowed down to four people.   :sad:

True, but after the two names were put out, I was like, "uh... pretty sure it's Villager." Taking some of the guesswork out of it.

A Villager

Quote from: Doktor Blight on April 07, 2011, 03:33:08 PM

True, but after the two names were put out, I was like, "uh... pretty sure it's Villager." Taking some of the guesswork out of it.
And for that, someday, when you least expect it, I will plant a tarantula in your underwear.  :mrgreen:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: A Villager on April 07, 2011, 04:50:58 PM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on April 07, 2011, 03:33:08 PM

And for that, someday, when you least expect it, I will plant a tarantula in your underwear.  :mrgreen:

And then my penis will go on strike until the doctor says it's ok to use it again, plus about 2 months as a punitive measure.

Jenne

Quote from: Nigel on April 07, 2011, 05:16:59 AM
I partly really didn't know what the hell was going on, and partly knew that the situation was extremely precarious and that I was best off playing as dumb as possible.

THIS.  Sorry, the "little ole me" schtick was totally REAL for me, all the way through.  I literally chose to subsume folks who'd been bussed.  :lulz:  You can ask Alphapance.  I tap-danced my way through this game.

Nigel, thanks for taking over, Dudette.  I had fun in the desert, and did check in once, but damn, had no way of keeping track so it's good you all kept the game going.

I'm ready, I think, to take it on again.  I know LMNO probably needs some "rest" since he does so much phenomenal writing when we do these.

Al Qədic

Well, let's see...nice tension throughout, phenomenal writing, viva la revolucion, and LMNO can't count! :argh!:
Rounds 4-7 had miscalculations
4: pg 16
11/2 = 5.5 + 1 = 6.5 rounded up = 7 =/= 6

5: pg 20
9/2 = 4.5 + 1 = 5.5 rounded up = 6 =/= 5

6: pg 24
7/2 = 3.5 + 1 = 4.5 rounded up = 5 =/= 4

7: pg 30
5/2 = 2.5 + 1 = 3.5 rounded up = 4 =/= 3

So unless LMNO decided to round down instead of up... :lulz:

Twas a good read though. Nice work, Roger's Rascals.
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Al Qədic on January 27, 2019, 11:20:26 PM
Well, let's see...nice tension throughout, phenomenal writing, viva la revolucion, and LMNO can't count! :argh!:
Rounds 4-7 had miscalculations
4: pg 16
11/2 = 5.5 + 1 = 6.5 rounded up = 7 =/= 6

[...]

So unless LMNO decided to round down instead of up... :lulz:

Twas a good read though. Nice work, Roger's Rascals.

A simple majority out of 11 is 6 or greater.  6+5 = 11.  6>5.  Maybe your grade school teacher taught you that x.5 rounds to (x+1), but she didn't know any better; the real world isn't nearly so unambiguous.  Off the top of my head, I can think of at least six distinct (and equally valid) ways to round a floating-point number to an integer, and LMNO is using one of the situationally appropriate ones to determine a majority, at least in the examples you posted.

Also, trying to correct the arithmetic in a thread over seven years old is rather lame.   :kingmeh:

You seem like a nice kid, but your count is now one.  Slow down and think about the context, especially when you necropost.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

LMNO

Eh, I don't mind the pedantic person-counting.  It was fun to re-read.

It almost makes me want to put another round together....

Al Qədic

Quote from: LMNO on January 28, 2019, 02:27:26 PM
Reading through all this makes me feel like it could work out. I dunno what your life, or the liveliness of the forum, was like then, or if it's any easier or harder to take the time to do it nowadays, but if you want to grace us with your fabulous writing skills again, I know I won't complain. I wouldn't want to impose anything, but being the noob that I am...I dunno, I'd probably participate if you decide to start up a new round. Your call, obviously. At the very least, we have four real nice threads to look through.

...plus, having a fifth round would be chaotically pleasing  :lulz:
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on January 28, 2019, 02:27:26 PM
Eh, I don't mind the pedantic person-counting.  It was fun to re-read.

I'd be in. 
Molon Lube

LMNO

Potential limitations:

1. Amount of people involved.
2. Length of time for people to respond/vote.
3. My ability (or lack of) to write out the stories.

4. My understanding of arithmatic, apparently.

Pergamos

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on January 29, 2019, 05:41:57 PM
Potential limitations:

1. Amount of people involved.
2. Length of time for people to respond/vote.
3. My ability (or lack of) to write out the stories.

4. My understanding of arithmatic, apparently.

How many players do we need?  I have some friends on FB that would love this.
Molon Lube