News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

New Ford cop cars

Started by Adios, December 13, 2010, 08:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Jasper

Huh.  Okay. 

Actually I don't particularly mind if they have powerful vehicles.  The only thing that bothers me is that now they're using undercover cars for traffic enforcement.  Argh.

Adios

Quote from: Sigmatic on December 13, 2010, 08:27:56 PM
Huh.  Okay. 

Actually I don't particularly mind if they have powerful vehicles.  The only thing that bothers me is that now they're using undercover cars for traffic enforcement.  Argh.

If you can't pay the fine, don't do the crime.

The Good Reverend Roger

Huh.  Okay. 

That's fair.

Robocops aren't, though.  That's fucking cheating.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

Whatever

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 13, 2010, 09:01:00 PM
Huh.  Okay. 

That's fair.

Robocops aren't, though.  That's fucking cheating.

Quote from: Sigmatic on December 13, 2010, 09:01:28 PM
But

but

(pout)

No fucking Robocops until I get my flying car dammit!!!! :argh!:

Or my jetpack!!

Or the alternative fuel source they promised by the 80's.

Or the fucking transporter from Star Trek!!!

Fucking scientists working on global warming and shit instead of important stuff like flying fucking cars!   :argh!:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Niamh on December 13, 2010, 09:34:12 PM

We have 60 of the bastards in metro Tucson alone.  Drive past them at 11MPH or above, or go through a light a bit late, and your smiling face arrives in the mail with your $225 ticket.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 13, 2010, 09:37:33 PM

We have 60 of the bastards in metro Tucson alone.  Drive past them at 11MPH or above, or go through a light a bit late, and your smiling face arrives in the mail with your $225 ticket.

Fuck.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on December 13, 2010, 09:38:48 PM

Fuck.

Er, that's 11MPH above the speed limit or higher.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 13, 2010, 09:39:49 PM

Fuck.

I meant what you knew.

Whatever

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 13, 2010, 09:39:49 PM

Fuck.

We have the traffic light Robocops.  They have discovered that extremes in weather can make the camera take a picture for no reason.  Since that was proven in court, along with the "prove I was driving" defense, these tickets get thrown out 98% of the time if you actually fight them.  Most people just mail a check!

Triple Zero

You mean the camera devices that take a picture if you go too fast, then applies a bit of computer vision to extract the license plate to automatically send you a fine? You call those "robocops"? :lol: In the Netherlands, you have those things all over the fucking place.

Any idea how quickly they pay themselves back with the extra fines? They're basically free money for the government.

They used to sell little radar devices that detect them so you know where the mobile ones are (most of them are stuck in place though). But they outlawed them.

For the stationary ones, their spots are marked in the TomTom navigation maps.

Oh another funny story, last year with Sinterklaas (think Christmas), this one town had their flash-pole-cameras gift-wrapped, as a "present" for car drivers :lol:
Wait no I seem to be wrong, it was an advertising campaign for an energy-drink called "Go Fast". Surprisingly, no charges were pressed because the local cops thought it was pretty funny, too.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Juana

Huh.  Okay. 

They've doing that here for six or seven years. They're easy to spot thought. If I see a white Cadillac, I slow the fuck down to right about the speed limit. I rarely drive more than five miles an hour above the limit anyway, but cops in my town are bored.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Adios

Jasper

Even when the traffic is all moving ten mph faster than the posted limit?