News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Buchenwald Lampshade Found

Started by Adios, December 15, 2010, 06:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

No, I guessed that was what you were saying, I just decided to build on it, as it is another way to break the Jewish = Israeli/Israeli = Jewish mental linkage that annoys me so, and one I should have brought up in the previous post.

Phox

Quote from: Cain on December 16, 2010, 02:29:57 PM
No, I guessed that was what you were saying, I just decided to build on it, as it is another way to break the Jewish = Israeli/Israeli = Jewish mental linkage that annoys me so, and one I should have brought up in the previous post.

Oh, I know. I was just making sure that you and everyone else understood where I was coming from.  :)

Suu

BTW, today is the anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on December 16, 2010, 02:23:59 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2010, 01:44:58 PM
Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on December 16, 2010, 12:56:36 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 16, 2010, 03:57:34 AM
Quote from: Suu on December 16, 2010, 12:35:31 AM
Quote from: Nigel on December 16, 2010, 12:33:40 AM
For the record, I, too, think Israel is a political abomination and a human rights nightmare.

But that's a political opinion, not anti-semitism.

Yep. Hating Israel as a political entity is vastly different from hating Jews. Sometimes people have a really hard time recognizing or accepting that, though.

didn't you hear? disagreement with Israel or anything it does is the new anti-semitism.

obviously.

That's not what happened here.  Fuck off, you scabby little twit.

wasn't talking to you, dick.

Naw.  You were just poisoning the well a bit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kai

I think we should go back to the horrible artifact linked in the OP. Cause that's what this discussion was really about.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Disco Pickle

Quote from: ϗ on December 16, 2010, 04:27:34 PM
I think we should go back to the horrible artifact linked in the OP. Cause that's what this discussion was really about.

If it's provable, I don't see how the museum could deny it, but I could see why they'd want to. 

It'd likely never again see the light of day if given to them and as well it shouldn't.  History wouldn't miss it a bit if it ended up in a fire, IMO.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Suu

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on December 16, 2010, 04:29:41 PM

If it's provable, I don't see how the museum could deny it, but I could see why they'd want to. 

It'd likely never again see the light of day if given to them and as well it shouldn't.  History wouldn't miss it a bit if it ended up in a fire, IMO.

Like I said, if the rumors surrounded the Holocaust Museum in St. Pete are correct, then they have one, but won't display it.

I think that it SHOULD be displayed...people need to see this. It's horrible, it's the shit nightmares are made of, but FFS this really happened and minds will never be changed unless the truth is brought to the light.

We always talk about the Horrible Truthâ„¢, this is about as HORRIBLE TRUTH as it gets.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Yeah, let's just forget it ever happened. 

Right?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Kai

Yeah. I want to see it. I want to show it to people. This shit is horrology to the max.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on December 16, 2010, 04:36:38 PM
I think that it SHOULD be displayed...people need to see this. It's horrible, it's the shit nightmares are made of, but FFS this really happened and minds will never be changed unless the truth is brought to the light.

We always talk about the Horrible Truthâ„¢, this is about as HORRIBLE TRUTH as it gets.

FUCKING THIS.

There's already a few million fuckwits running around saying the holocaust never happened.  Hide the fucking Truth, and it WILL bite you in the ass.  Fucking deal with it.  See history the way it WAS, not the way we WISH it was.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ϗ on December 16, 2010, 04:39:14 PM
Yeah. I want to see it. I want to show it to people. This shit is horrology to the max.

Title it "The Price of Complacency" and put the fucker on display.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I agree that it shouldn't be hidden.... However, if I had to deal with Holocaust deniers that take tiny bits of information and extrapolate loads of bullshit... then maybe I would feel more like the museum.

Person A: "Nazi's made lampshades out of Jews!!!"

Denier : "No, a Nazi made a lampshade out of a Jew... this is just like that bullshit about gassing millions of them... I don't deny that some Nazis were bad people and may have done bad things, but this claim of systematic horror and abuse is simply a zionist plot. Look at they facts, they have exactly ONE lampshade and we can't even verify that its jewish. It could have been from a Gypsy or a Jehovah's Witness or a homosexual or it could simply be from a sick and twisted German serial killer. Just like everything else in the "holocaust"

I wouldn't want to deal with that sort of BS thinking   :argh!:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Phox

My reaction to the OP:  :x

But, yes. Display that shit. Find more of those fuckers. Put them in every goddamn household in 'Murrica for one fucking week.  Make people look at it. Make people fucking touch it. People are horrible cunts and they need to be fucking reminded of it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on December 16, 2010, 04:49:38 PM
I agree that it shouldn't be hidden.... However, if I had to deal with Holocaust deniers that take tiny bits of information and extrapolate loads of bullshit... then maybe I would feel more like the museum.

Person A: "Nazi's made lampshades out of Jews!!!"

Denier : "No, a Nazi made a lampshade out of a Jew... this is just like that bullshit about gassing millions of them... I don't deny that some Nazis were bad people and may have done bad things, but this claim of systematic horror and abuse is simply a zionist plot. Look at they facts, they have exactly ONE lampshade and we can't even verify that its jewish. It could have been from a Gypsy or a Jehovah's Witness or a homosexual or it could simply be from a sick and twisted German serial killer. Just like everything else in the "holocaust"

I wouldn't want to deal with that sort of BS thinking   :argh!:

You don't deal with it by hiding evidence.

You drag everything out into the light of day.  And then you laugh at the fuckwads who try to say that the most documented event in human history never happened.

As for the average Joe, who are they going to believe?  General Patton or some shitwad with 3 teeth on a compound in Idaho?

Disco Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2010, 04:38:29 PM

Yeah, let's just forget it ever happened. 

Right?

people do horrible things to people and we dont put the entire evidence of how depraved humanity can be on display so we don't forget that those people have been out there and will probably be out there into the future.

you can remember without displaying and thus giving a forum to the lowest of human scum and their handy work. 

We're not going to agree on this.  I think this particular monster should get no display of his depravity in a public place.  I think the proper thing to do would be to do the best possible to track down the family through DNA and if not possible, then give the remains a proper burial.

I'm not very spiritual at all with regards to afterlive's but that seems to me the proper respect to show the remains of a human who likely died in the worst possible of ways.

ETA:  Whoops, hit modify when I went to quote.  Post restored - Roger

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann