News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Buchenwald Lampshade Found

Started by Adios, December 15, 2010, 06:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I think Holocaust Deniers should be gassed.

...Just saying.

My 5th grade teacher was a denier. I still remember clear as day 18 years ago, "I'm supposed to teach you about this, but I believe the Holocaust never happened." Then we went to the museum on a field trip.  :|

It WAS a Catholic School, but I definitely covered it in previous grades (we first learned about it in 3rd grade...well, the best you can teach 8 year olds, anyway). She was an older lady too, and from BOSTON. I couldn't stand her.  My parents were PISSED.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on December 16, 2010, 04:54:53 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2010, 04:38:29 PM
Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on December 16, 2010, 04:29:41 PM
Quote from: ϗ on December 16, 2010, 04:27:34 PM
I think we should go back to the horrible artifact linked in the OP. Cause that's what this discussion was really about.

If it's provable, I don't see how the museum could deny it, but I could see why they'd want to. 

It'd likely never again see the light of day if given to them and as well it shouldn't.  History wouldn't miss it a bit if it ended up in a fire, IMO.

Yeah, let's just forget it ever happened. 

Right?

people do horrible things to people and we dont put the entire evidence of how depraved humanity can be on display so we don't forget that those people have been out there and will probably be out there into the future.

you can remember without displaying and thus giving a forum to the lowest of human scum and their handy work.  

We're not going to agree on this.  I think this particular monster should get no display of his depravity in a public place.  I think the proper thing to do would be to do the best possible to track down the family through DNA and if not possible, then give the remains a proper burial.

I'm not very spiritual at all with regards to afterlive's but that seems to me the proper respect to show the remains of a human who likely died in the worst possible of ways.

Right.  So forget it ever happened.  Pretend that shit like that never occurred, because we all know it can't happen again, right?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: Suu on December 16, 2010, 04:36:38 PM
I think we should go back to the horrible artifact linked in the OP. Cause that's what this discussion was really about.

If it's provable, I don't see how the museum could deny it, but I could see why they'd want to.  

It'd likely never again see the light of day if given to them and as well it shouldn't.  History wouldn't miss it a bit if it ended up in a fire, IMO.

Like I said, if the rumors surrounded the Holocaust Museum in St. Pete are correct, then they have one, but won't display it.

I think that it SHOULD be displayed...people need to see this. It's horrible, it's the shit nightmares are made of, but FFS this really happened and minds will never be changed unless the truth is brought to the light.

We always talk about the Horrible Truthâ„¢, this is about as HORRIBLE TRUTH as it gets.

Wins an internet for this post.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2010, 04:56:08 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2010, 04:38:29 PM

It'd likely never again see the light of day if given to them and as well it shouldn't.  History wouldn't miss it a bit if it ended up in a fire, IMO.

Yeah, let's just forget it ever happened. 

Right?

people do horrible things to people and we dont put the entire evidence of how depraved humanity can be on display so we don't forget that those people have been out there and will probably be out there into the future.

you can remember without displaying and thus giving a forum to the lowest of human scum and their handy work.  

We're not going to agree on this.  I think this particular monster should get no display of his depravity in a public place.  I think the proper thing to do would be to do the best possible to track down the family through DNA and if not possible, then give the remains a proper burial.

I'm not very spiritual at all with regards to afterlive's but that seems to me the proper respect to show the remains of a human who likely died in the worst possible of ways.

Right.  So forget it ever happened.  Pretend that shit like that never occurred, because we all know it can't happen again, right?

you put words in my mouth so often, I'm convinced you must have your hand up my ass.

I didn't say forget it ever happened.  There's plenty of evidence to remind and teach future generations.

I give a fuck what deniers think, but do you honestly think one fucking lamp is going to change those people's minds when all of the evidence up until that didn't do it?

I don't.  I think those fucks will continue on believing what they believe.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Suu

The way I see it is this...the number of people who acknowledge the Holocaust happened WAY outweighs the deniers. It's a CRIMINAL OFFENSE in Germany to deny it.

Maybe that's where it needs to go. Instead of the Smithsonian, let the German government display it. Is Buchenwald a museum?

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Incidentally, by this standard, we should destroy all pictures, filmreels, and accounts of the holocaust.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on December 16, 2010, 04:59:16 PM
you put words in my mouth so often, I'm convinced you must have your hand up my ass.

I didn't say forget it ever happened.  There's plenty of evidence to remind and teach future generations.

I give a fuck what deniers think, but do you honestly think one fucking lamp is going to change those people's minds when all of the evidence up until that didn't do it?

I don't.  I think those fucks will continue on believing what they believe.

I don't expect to change the denier's minds.

I am interested in ensuring that the evidence is there, testably there, so that other people can see it and decide for themselves.

And I didn't put words in your mouth.  You said destroy the evidence.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on December 16, 2010, 04:59:56 PM
It's a CRIMINAL OFFENSE in Germany to deny it.

I feel that policy is a mistake.  It's counterproductive, not to mention a violation of basic human rights.

Even low-forehead morons have the right to speak what passes for their minds.

Adios

If that were my ass strapped to that lampshade I would want it on a traveling display so people would never forget. Ever.

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, the reason they won't change their minds is because they hate Jews, and they went out on an orgy of confirmation bias.

In the worst cases, it's so they can try to start the whole nightmare over again (The ANP in America, the BNP in Britain), and in most cases, it's because if they don't hate Jews, they don't feel they hate Israel enough (Yatto, for example), so they are FORCED by their worldview to deny that it occurred, in the face of overwhelming evidence.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on December 16, 2010, 05:06:34 PM
If that were my ass strapped to that lampshade I would want it on a traveling display so people would never forget. Ever.

Especially given the political developments of the last decade in the United States and England.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2010, 05:04:13 PM

I feel that policy is a mistake.  It's counterproductive, not to mention a violation of basic human rights.

...They still have neo-Nazi rallies there though.  :|

Suu

Quote from: Charley Brown on December 16, 2010, 05:06:34 PM

:potd:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on December 16, 2010, 05:08:19 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2010, 05:04:13 PM

...They still have neo-Nazi rallies there though.  :|

We have them here.  There's morons everywhere you go.

Phox

No, you really can't. People are fucking stupid. They need their noses rubbed in this shit. It may appear to be cognitive dissonance based on my recent comments on religion, but there are times when guilt is an appropriate feeling, and this is most certainly one of them.

We're not going to agree on this.  I think this particular monster should get no display of his depravity in a public place.  I think the proper thing to do would be to do the best possible to track down the family through DNA and if not possible, then give the remains a proper burial.

ETA:  Whoops, hit modify when I went to quote.  Post restored - Roger
Why? Why does anyone deserve a proper burial? What constitutes a proper burial? Buried six feet under? Cremated? Entombed with a shitload of riches? Eaten by your family? Who decides what's right to do to a body or piece of a body?