News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Our Planets Shall Blot Out the Moon!

Started by Remington, December 20, 2010, 11:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Epi on December 21, 2010, 03:58:32 AM
Quote from: Risus on December 21, 2010, 01:25:56 AM
No clouds. I've made an event out of this. I'll be sure to enjoy it enough for the rest of you kids that didn't make your proper weather god sacrifices.

I did, but to the rain gods for rain.  :sad:
If you had been making your sacrifices to the gods of the sun and moon for sunshine and moonshine, you would be able to see the eclipse tonight (if you could still see anything at all, that is).
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Remington

Is it plugged in?

Phox

Xooxe

Clear skies here, but what's left of the moon is making a break for the horizon.

Kurt Christ

I got to see the moon lose the first chunk of its face before the loathsome skywaters converged to cover it.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Nast

If we are to believe the words of 14th century Buddhist monks, it is more moving to yearn for the moon through cloudy skies than to see it bright clear and shining. But what do they know?
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Phox

Quote from: Nast on December 21, 2010, 07:36:45 AM
If we are to believe the words of 14th century Buddhist monks, it is more moving to yearn for the moon through cloudy skies than to see it bright clear and shining. But what do they know?

THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS DIDN'T WISH FOR CLOUDS DURING AN ECLIPSE!  :crankey: :crankey: :crankey: :crankey: :crankey: :crankey:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Xooxe

Kinda off topic, but I once stared at a full moon through broken clouds until I could make it out as the head of a man in a burning cadillac. It gradually became so convincing that I could focus on all of the detail without it evaporating. No hallucinogens needed.

geekdad

Making you think you're crazy is a billion dollar industry.
If they could sell sanity in a bottle
They'd be charging for compressed air,
And marketing healthcare.

Jasper

Fucking clouds.  I need a weather control system.  Because fuck nature.

geekdad

For those of you who are missing it.

Click it for HQ

Sir Squid Diddimus

Well I haven't seen a sky this clear in a long damn time.
For everyone who missed it I managed to get pics.
Photobucket wasn't working for me so I hope imgur doesn't let me down

But here:

Sir Squid Diddimus

The light is on the top of yours. Did you turn your camera or is it eclipsing on a different side from.... wherever you are?

geekdad

Jasper

Thanks guys!  

Wow, I love how you can see the...dimensionality to it.  Normally the moon looks flattish, this is visibly spherical.