News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Dispatch from the European front Vol. 7

Started by Efrim, August 24, 2004, 06:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chef

Quote from: i cut my ear off
Quote from: Rev Thwacksomeone want to inform this man of what he is dealing with?

allow me.

while i am currently unaware to the specific service in which thwack is involved, he is a member of one the finest fighting forces the earth has seen, the unisted states military.

uh, yeah. army>gringo posin as a thug

YOU MEAN THE GUYS GETTING OWNED BY STONE AGE IRAQIS?

CHEF D,
KNOWS A LOSER WHEN HE SEES ONE.
CHEF LIVES IN A MANTION.  YUO LIVE IN TENSE.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Chef
Quote from: i cut my ear off
Quote from: Rev Thwacksomeone want to inform this man of what he is dealing with?

allow me.

while i am currently unaware to the specific service in which thwack is involved, he is a member of one the finest fighting forces the earth has seen, the unisted states military.

uh, yeah. army>gringo posin as a thug

YOU MEAN THE GUYS GETTING OWNED BY STONE AGE IRAQIS?

CHEF D,
KNOWS A LOSER WHEN HE SEES ONE.

thank-you.

thwack, send video plz?
Hell is other people.

Trollax

Quote from: Rev ThwackWhy do I feel like Chef's posts have been nothing more than a cry for me to take a M203 and give him a 40mm supposatory?

Please do, but just remember you're looking for a spindly 12-year old script kiddie,

And Chef as long as we're on the subject. Thwack has served the better part of the last (correct me if I'm wrong) three to five years in one of the most precarious military emplacements on earth. South Korea.  While that may not register much in that dyspeptic liver that passes for a brain (given your poetry appreciation skills I'm going to assume you're a vogon).  North korea (which is, oddly enough NORTH of south korea. Is a country the size of Nevada, has a population of 30 million crammed into that small space, of which some 6 million (If Iremember correctly) are either active military or reseves. Should diplomacy at any point fail and the North Koreans were to roll over the border, Thwack's job would be to blow up anything and everything with a hammer and sickle on it, then make sure that his body falls in such a way that it impedes the progress of the North Korean army just long enough for reinforcements to arrive.
Training given to recruits in this position is first rate, and due to the near-constant threat to soldier's safety it is the quickest way out of the service. 10 years rather than 25.

PS. The geneva convention (geneeva being one of the major cities of switzerland, a country in europe, which is somewhere other than the US thus probably you haven't heard of it, and probably don't want to but that's your lost braincell) Prevents soldiers from firing upon civilians unless fired upon. Thus a favoured tactic of guerilla forces (that is small bands of soldiers outnumbered by the enemy and forced to use hit-and-run tactics) is of course to dress as civilians. Given the delicate political situation between the islamic world and the west at this point, the idea of trying similar tactics to the italians during their occupation of Libya (internimg huge swathes of the population) would probably result in even moderate muslim countries such as jordan and turkey turning against the US. In other words, The soldiers in Iraq are doing the best they can andd they are dying through no fault of their own, it's the stupid-assed american chiefs of staff who went off with half a cock and decided to invade a country with a wing, a prayer, and no real plan of what to do afterwards.
Besides I don't see what you're doing if you're so damn tough? You already get someone else to pack your heat for you. What good are you? If you think you can do better why don't you get your smarmy wannabe ass out of the fuckin' chair and sign up? Probably because you'd be bawling your eyes on when the Depleted Uranium's flying. You think a fanatic with an AK who is totally ok with dying as a martyr is going to give two shits that you think you're a badass?

Rev Thwack

only a few problems with what you wrote.... It's closer to half of the north korean population that makes up their armed services, my job would be to blow up pretty much everything heading in a southern direction,  I'm not given the option of dying (direct orders), the constant threat to safety comes from the fact that there are always "misunderstandings" that are in all actuality, rounds flying across the DMZ, and the depleted uranium only comes from us, of course, that doesn't stop it from being a pain in the ass to deal with. You also forgot the fact that North Korea has the world's second largest stockpile of chemical and biological weapons... second only to the US, and they operate under a first NBC strike policy. Of course, there is some other interesting training that I've gone thru due to what my MOS is, but I'm not about to go into what that is until after I get out of the service and get the hell out of this country.

I've only been here for the last year and a half (volunteered to stay here for a year longer than the normal term here), and had some fun and interesting times before I was stationed here too.

these last 4+ years have deffinatly been interesting. maby if we are still around in 75 years I will tell you all about it.
My balls itch...

Trollax

Quote from: Rev Thwackonly a few problems with what you wrote.... It's closer to half of the north korean population that makes up their armed services, my job would be to blow up pretty much everything heading in a southern direction,  I'm not given the option of dying (direct orders), the constant threat to safety comes from the fact that there are always "misunderstandings" that are in all actuality, rounds flying across the DMZ, and the depleted uranium only comes from us, of course, that doesn't stop it from being a pain in the ass to deal with. You also forgot the fact that North Korea has the world's second largest stockpile of chemical and biological weapons... second only to the US, and they operate under a first NBC strike policy. Of course, there is some other interesting training that I've gone thru due to what my MOS is, but I'm not about to go into what that is until after I get out of the service and get the hell out of this country.

I've only been here for the last year and a half (volunteered to stay here for a year longer than the normal term here), and had some fun and interesting times before I was stationed here too.

these last 4+ years have deffinatly been interesting. maby if we are still around in 75 years I will tell you all about it.

Now there's a soldier I'd salute...

gnimbley

Soldiers are worth saluting (Thwack more than most.) It's people who
think that sending them to kill other people is a reasonable solution
to a disagreement that are not.

Efrim

Bumped for refrence purposes.

Also, behold a time when Chef=Roger was not a well known fact.
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

L,
Efrim