News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Airports discipline pilots for telling the truth.

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, December 26, 2010, 08:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Niamh on December 27, 2010, 04:45:13 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2010, 04:05:38 PM
Quote from: Joh'Nyx on December 27, 2010, 02:25:50 PM

Exactly, its what others have responded to the OP, that its about the illusion of safety while diverting resources to useless measures and protocol.

No, it's about conditioning citizens to behave in a particular way.

THIS!

If you beat someone down long enough they won't question anything you do.  America has pretty much been beaten into submission at this point. 

Not only did we fail to choose our battles wisely, at some point we quit fighting alltogether.

New Idol season with new judges is about to kick off!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on December 27, 2010, 03:45:55 PM
Pilots have a union, makes it a bit harder to fire people over bullshit. 

Yeah, the air traffic controllers had a union, once.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Whatever

Quote from: Charley Brown on December 27, 2010, 04:46:15 PM
Quote from: Niamh on December 27, 2010, 04:45:13 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2010, 04:05:38 PM
Quote from: Joh'Nyx on December 27, 2010, 02:25:50 PM

Exactly, its what others have responded to the OP, that its about the illusion of safety while diverting resources to useless measures and protocol.

No, it's about conditioning citizens to behave in a particular way.

THIS!

If you beat someone down long enough they won't question anything you do.  America has pretty much been beaten into submission at this point. 

Not only did we fail to choose our battles wisely, at some point we quit fighting alltogether.

New Idol season with new judges is about to kick off!

:spittake:

:argh!: God dammit Charley, I can't fuck up anymore keyboards.  They're on to me.

Cain

Pointing out security flaws has always been a hazardous occupation, for precisely this reason.

Jenne

My problem with running our airport security the way the Israelis do is that they not only look at body language but also target people based on their accent and first language use.  So, you hear a guy with an Arab accent and boom! you know who your target is going to be!  Let's not sell ourselves the white lie that the Israelis don't use profiling in the worst of ways (with some reason, of course), and to use them as our ultimate example to me would be in many ways worse than what we already have.

They have that whole "Big Brother's Watching" at airports down to a T.  So no conversation is unmonitorable, no glance or dirty look uninterpretable as they see fit.  You want to talk about conditioning...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on December 27, 2010, 07:17:25 PM
My problem with running our airport security the way the Israelis do is that they not only look at body language but also target people based on their accent and first language use.  So, you hear a guy with an Arab accent and boom! you know who your target is going to be!  Let's not sell ourselves the white lie that the Israelis don't use profiling in the worst of ways (with some reason, of course), and to use them as our ultimate example to me would be in many ways worse than what we already have.

They have that whole "Big Brother's Watching" at airports down to a T.  So no conversation is unmonitorable, no glance or dirty look uninterpretable as they see fit.  You want to talk about conditioning...

Then there's the Roger Solution to airport security...

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2010, 07:39:21 PM

I tremble at asking....

LMNO

If it is even slightly related to the "give everyone batons and scotch" idea we came up with last month, sign me up.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on December 27, 2010, 07:40:03 PM

I tremble at asking....

Too late.

My method is:

DON'T BE A PUSSY.

That's right.  If you're that afraid, take the fucking train.  If you're ON a plane, and some guy tries to light his bits on fire, either kick his ass, or sit there and laugh as he fails - once again - to perform a simple fucking task.

Terrorists just aren't scary.  They wander around with burnt genatalia and/or singed shoes, and the most competent of them use Goddamn BOX CUTTERS, fer Chrissakes.  So you kick them in the fucking business, and then get back to your $20 shot of scotch.

They're only scary if you're a sniveling little pussy, and have no business hurtling through the air in an aluminum tube in the first fucking place.  Instead of the perv scanner, they should have a guts test before they let you on the plane.  That would also remove the "nervous fliers" that plague me on every flight I make.  Fuckers ALWAYS sit next to me and spend the whole Goddamn flight whimpering.

I'd rather deal with a terrorist, to be honest.  They may be incompetent, but at least they don't whine.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2010, 07:45:53 PM

I tremble at asking....

Too late.

My method is:

DON'T BE A PUSSY.

That's right.  If you're that afraid, take the fucking train.  If you're ON a plane, and some guy tries to light his bits on fire, either kick his ass, or sit there and laugh as he fails - once again - to perform a simple fucking task.

Terrorists just aren't scary.  They wander around with burnt genatalia and/or singed shoes, and the most competent of them use Goddamn BOX CUTTERS, fer Chrissakes.  So you kick them in the fucking business, and then get back to your $20 shot of scotch.

They're only scary if you're a sniveling little pussy, and have no business hurtling through the air in an aluminum tube in the first fucking place.  Instead of the perv scanner, they should have a guts test before they let you on the plane.  That would also remove the "nervous fliers" that plague me on every flight I make.  Fuckers ALWAYS sit next to me and spend the whole Goddamn flight whimpering.

I'd rather deal with a terrorist, to be honest.  They may be incompetent, but at least they don't whine.

:lulz:
I see your point. I think this coming Halloween I am dressing as Bin Laden and flying to D.C.

Whatever

I tremble at asking....

Too late.

My method is:

DON'T BE A PUSSY.

THIS!!!

Bu🤠ns

I tremble at asking....

Too late.

My method is:

DON'T BE A PUSSY.

That's right.  If you're that afraid, take the fucking train.  If you're ON a plane, and some guy tries to light his bits on fire, either kick his ass, or sit there and laugh as he fails - once again - to perform a simple fucking task.

Terrorists just aren't scary.  They wander around with burnt genatalia and/or singed shoes, and the most competent of them use Goddamn BOX CUTTERS, fer Chrissakes.  So you kick them in the fucking business, and then get back to your $20 shot of scotch.

They're only scary if you're a sniveling little pussy, and have no business hurtling through the air in an aluminum tube in the first fucking place.  Instead of the perv scanner, they should have a guts test before they let you on the plane.  That would also remove the "nervous fliers" that plague me on every flight I make.  Fuckers ALWAYS sit next to me and spend the whole Goddamn flight whimpering.

I'd rather deal with a terrorist, to be honest.  They may be incompetent, but at least they don't whine.

:mittens:

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I tremble at asking....

Too late.

My method is:

DON'T BE A PUSSY.

FUCK YEAH!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jenne

Appropo and he didn't even know--this is, ironically, what I just found in my email inbox from my husband:

He grasped me firmly but gently just above my elbow and guided me
into a room, his room. Then he quietly shut the door and we were
alone.

He approached me soundlessly, from behind, and spoke in a low,
reassuring voice close to my ear.

"Just relax."

Without warning, he reached down and I felt his strong, calloused
hands start at my ankles, gently probing, and moving upward along my
calves slowly but steadily. My breath caught in my throat. I knew I
should be afraid, but somehow I didn't care. His touch was so
experienced, so sure.

When his hands moved up onto my thighs, I gave a slight shudder, and
partly closed my eyes. My pulse was pounding. I felt his knowing
fingers caress my abdomen, my ribcage. And then, as he cupped my firm,
full breasts in his hands, I

inhaled sharply. Probing, searching,
knowing what he wanted, he brought his hands to my shoulders, slid
them down my tingling spine and into my panties.

Although I knew nothing about this man, I felt oddly trusting and
expectant. This is a man, I thought. A man used to taking charge.
A man not used to taking `no' for an answer. A man who would tell me
what he wanted. A man who would look into my soul and say ...

"Okay, ma'am," said a voice. "All done."

My eyes snapped open and he was standing in front of me, smiling,
holding out my purse. "You can board your flight now."

Adios

Quote from: Jenne on December 27, 2010, 08:52:29 PM
Appropo and he didn't even know--this is, ironically, what I just found in my email inbox from my husband:

He grasped me firmly but gently just above my elbow and guided me
into a room, his room. Then he quietly shut the door and we were
alone.

He approached me soundlessly, from behind, and spoke in a low,
reassuring voice close to my ear.

"Just relax."

Without warning, he reached down and I felt his strong, calloused
hands start at my ankles, gently probing, and moving upward along my
calves slowly but steadily. My breath caught in my throat. I knew I
should be afraid, but somehow I didn't care. His touch was so
experienced, so sure.

When his hands moved up onto my thighs, I gave a slight shudder, and
partly closed my eyes. My pulse was pounding. I felt his knowing
fingers caress my abdomen, my ribcage. And then, as he cupped my firm,
full breasts in his hands, I

inhaled sharply. Probing, searching,
knowing what he wanted, he brought his hands to my shoulders, slid
them down my tingling spine and into my panties.

Although I knew nothing about this man, I felt oddly trusting and
expectant. This is a man, I thought. A man used to taking charge.
A man not used to taking `no' for an answer. A man who would tell me
what he wanted. A man who would look into my soul and say ...

"Okay, ma'am," said a voice. "All done."

My eyes snapped open and he was standing in front of me, smiling,
holding out my purse. "You can board your flight now."

THAT IS FUCKING WRONG!  :argh!: