News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Airports discipline pilots for telling the truth.

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, December 26, 2010, 08:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.news10.net/news/article.aspx?storyid=113529

An airline pilot is being disciplined by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) for posting video on YouTube pointing out what he believes are serious flaws in airport security.

The YouTube videos, posted Nov. 28, show what the pilot calls the irony of flight crews being forced to go through TSA screening while ground crew who service the aircraft are able to access secure areas simply by swiping a card.

Video shot in the cockpit shows a medieval-looking rescue ax available on the flight deck after the pilots have gone through the metal detectors. "I would say a two-foot crash ax looks a lot more formidable than a box cutter," the pilot remarked.

Three days after he posted a series of six video clips recorded with a cell phone camera at San Francisco International Airport, four federal air marshals and two sheriff's deputies arrived at his house to confiscate his federally-issued firearm.

A letter from the TSA dated Dec. 6 informed the pilot that "an administrative review into your deputation status as a Federal Flight Deck Officer has been initiated."

According to the letter, the review was directly related to the discovery by TSA staff of the YouTube videos. "The content and subject of these videos may have violated regulations concerning disclosure of sensitive security information," the letter said.

The pilot's attorney, Don Werno of Santa Ana, said he believed the federal government sent six people to the house to send a message.

"And the message was you've angered us by telling the truth and by showing America that there are major security problems despite the fact that we've spent billions of dollars allegedly to improve airline safety," Werno said.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Fujikoma

I'm going to refuse the scanners just so someone will fondle my balls. Hey, if I'm already paying an assload for a flight, may as well get the extras out of it.

the last yatto

Make sure he wears protection and ask for the non latex or whatever is not common at their stations
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Fujikoma

Yes, Mr. TSA Agent, I happen to be allergic to latex, as well as other people's ass sweat, and will likely be sending your fine establishment my hospital bills if you cannot procure a clean set of disposable sheepskin gloves.

Bu🤠ns

I just hope this guy expected to get in kind of trouble--otherwise I'm gonna be more frightened by the stupidity of those to whom I relinquish the lives of my family and myself.

The Good Reverend Roger

It's not about security.  It really never has been.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Johnny

Exactly, its what others have responded to the OP, that its about the illusion of safety while diverting resources to useless measures and protocol.

Last month or before that there was talk about the proposition to "Israelificate" the airport security of the U.S., but im sure nobody made much of it, which talked about subtle methods of filtering suspects by checkpoints by trained personnel that monitored body language.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Whatever

I'm shocked that this guy thought he could get away with something like this.  He'll end up being fired for something stupid but really for trying to blow the whistle. 

Requia ☣

Pilots have a union, makes it a bit harder to fire people over bullshit.  That assumes the airline would even want to, his bosses may not be any happier with the TSA.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on December 27, 2010, 02:25:50 PM

Exactly, its what others have responded to the OP, that its about the illusion of safety while diverting resources to useless measures and protocol.

No, it's about conditioning citizens to behave in a particular way.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2010, 04:05:38 PM

Amen.

Whatever

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2010, 04:05:38 PM

THIS!

If you beat someone down long enough they won't question anything you do.  America has pretty much been beaten into submission at this point. 

Not only did we fail to choose our battles wisely, at some point we quit fighting alltogether.