News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

A Rather Mild Revelation, part I of V

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 27, 2010, 04:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

In the alleys and bars you can hear them.  In the awful stains on City bus seats you can, if you're holy enough, divine their intent.  If you approach the courthouse lawn quietly enough, you can see them dance around a burn-barrel, holding their bottles of cheap wine and bellowing out their need in a chant straight out of a Conrad novel.

They seek, of course, to bring their Goddess back...The very same Goddess that fled Tucson three years ago, and took the Fun with her. 

Since she left, it's all gone horrible and wrong, and not in the good way.  Shootings are up, as is every other sort of senseless, brutal crime.  Strange and grim tidings come down from the North, where the state government plots and bickers.

Even the non-believers know that something is wrong, that we seem to be morphing into a copy of Phoenix...Which is a horrible thought that nobody wants to contemplate.

One-Nostril Jack has been preaching to his fellow homeless folks that SHE will return, if only they live right and stick to the straight and narrow...And if they don't, if Tucson doesn't, then we are doomed.  Given his remarkable similarity to prophets as depicted by Cecil B Demille, I have no choice but to believe him.

Go ahead, laugh.  YOU weren't THERE, when he stretched his arms out of his rags, clutching a walking stick cut from some gnarled desert tree.  YOU weren't THERE when he preached of the coming Really Serious Bummer.  I was, and I'm a Holy Man™ myself, and I know the genuine article when I see it.

Or Kill Me.

To Be Continued
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sister Fracture

I can't say I'm surprised. I feel it coming, too.
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

LMNO

I'm interested as to where this is heading.

Adios

Hawk,
Holy Man emeritus.

These days I just watch the movie.

Cramulus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's weird, because it was funny and light and kind of made me smile, but then while I was smiling I noticed that my flesh was crawling and the hair on my arms was standing up.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on December 28, 2010, 09:21:03 PM
It's weird, because it was funny and light and kind of made me smile, but then while I was smiling I noticed that my flesh was crawling and the hair on my arms was standing up.

Part II is kinda worse.  I giggled while I wrote it, until I realized I was depressed. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2010, 09:22:24 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 28, 2010, 09:21:03 PM

Part II is kinda worse.  I giggled while I wrote it, until I realized I was depressed. 

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sister_Gothique

:D Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...might need to see a doctor about that.
I'm the new "God's Will"...Soon it'll be, "Oh, I can't be held accountable for THAT, Sister Gothique made me do it!"