News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

Predictions for 2011

Started by AFK, December 30, 2010, 01:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phox

I refuse to support healthcare until the government includes Death Panels.

AFK

Yeah, and I think that is all the rest of the GOP like her for anyway.  I think even if many of the Tea Partiers were honest, they wouldn't want her as a President either.  She's really best as their Mascot.  Probably gives them some extended longevity too.  Because as soon as they lose a big face like hers, their days as a prominent political movement would likely be numbered.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

I kind of want to see Michele Bachman to run.  If nothing else, it would be funny.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 03, 2011, 06:49:16 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 31, 2010, 09:16:41 PM
But then how can I be better than everyone else?   :sad:

Because you have Slack™.  You know America™, and they don't.

Plus, you occasionally turn into a Hindu goddess and kill a bunch of motherfuckers at the bar, ensuring that I don't have to wait to get a drink.

Point.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Cain on January 01, 2011, 03:19:10 PM
The Lib Dem's approval rate will be at 6%.

http://today.yougov.co.uk/sites/today.yougov.co.uk/files/YG-Archives-Pol-ST-results-21-230111.pdf

QuoteIn a YouGov poll on Sunday, the Libdem share of the vote amongst 18 – 24 year olds went as low as 7%.

That is roughly around the national average, but much lower than the share Libdems were polling with them closer to the election.

Revenge rides a swift horse.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Widespread production of paper books will almost entirely cease. Librarians everywhere will quietly bludgeon e-book publishers to death with oversize dictionaries.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

AFK

RWHN will be buried alive in snow.  Icey will claim it was magick. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 01, 2011, 09:14:54 PM

The snow storms will also continue every Tuesday and Wednesday until April.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Blight on February 01, 2011, 10:41:11 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 01, 2011, 09:14:54 PM

The snow storms will also continue every Tuesday and Wednesday until April.

And the universities will have to cancel spring break. I'll be hearing the backlash from pissed off 18 year olds that wanted to get crunk in Mexico.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sister Fracture

Tucson will get less weird for a period of time, and then all hell will break loose from the "rubber-band" type tension this will put on the occultish energies.

Or something
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Juana

The UC and CSU system will hike fees up another ten to fifteen percent for the 2011-2012 year.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Xooxe

Quote from: Xooxe on December 30, 2010, 06:14:37 PM
Automated CCTV facial recognition will be trialled in a major UK or US city using data bought from Facebook.

Perhaps that's a 2012 prediction, but I'm sticking with it as inevitable.

Getting warmer.

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2011/07/surveillance-state-tactics-increasing-police-starting-to-use-facial-recognition-devices.html

Juana

Quote from: Hover Cat on February 02, 2011, 02:51:04 AM
The UC and CSU system will hike fees up another ten to fifteen percent for the 2011-2012 year.
Almost! CSU fees jumped another three hundred bucks yesterday.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Quote from: Cain on January 01, 2011, 03:19:10 PMThe England team will lose when they play Denmark.  They will draw against Switzerland later in the year.

Well, got both of those wrong.  However...

Quote from: Cain on January 01, 2011, 03:19:10 PMMan Utd will win the Premier League.  Again.

Zing!

Quote from: Cain on January 01, 2011, 03:19:10 PMObama's approval rating will be 49.7%

Has actually been lower, but still ZING!

Quote from: Cain on January 01, 2011, 03:19:10 PMUS unemployment rate will rise by 2.4% (currently at 9.8%)

I may have actually low-balled on this one:
http://www.eutimes.net/2011/03/real-us-unemployment-rate-may-be-22-percent-for-february/

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (deceased) on January 04, 2011, 02:38:25 PM
I kind of want to see Michele Bachman to run.  If nothing else, it would be funny.

:argh!:

You certainly called it.