News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

I GOT A CROCK POT FOR CHRISTMAS.

Started by Suu, January 03, 2011, 01:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

GIVE ME YOUR RECIPES!

I'm making chicken chili tomorrow. :D
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Roast three chickens.

Save bones.  

Put celery, onion, carrot, garlic, bay leaf, whole peppercorns, oregano, thyme, parsley, bones and water in crock pot.

cook on low for 8+ hours.  Bones should crumble when squeezed.

Remove everything solid, strain, strain again, cool.  skim fat off the top, or use a separator.

Freeze in one-cup containers.

You now have awesome chicken stock.

Plus, your apartment now smells amazing.

AFK

Frozen meatballs and your favorite pasta sauce = Meatball subs for a week!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Paint an anarchy-symbol on it, drop in some safety pins and torn clothing, to make it a pun-crock.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

I have the chili going in there now. My apartment smells so good and it still has 6 hours to go!

I love this thing. Lol.

Adios

I love my crock pot. I just make shit up to cook in it.

Suu

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 03, 2011, 04:21:12 PM
I love my crock pot. I just make shit up to cook in it.

Well, you really can't screw it up.

Suu

Okay, maybe you can screw it up. I just gave mine a stir to help pull the chicken a bit, and although it looks and smells delicious, I put in a bit too much water. So I have more of a soup than a chili. I guess I could add flour to thicken?

LMNO

I wouldn't, unless you make a roux and stir it in.  Raw flour will clump and taste icky.

Adios

Quote from: Suu on January 03, 2011, 07:32:28 PM
Okay, maybe you can screw it up. I just gave mine a stir to help pull the chicken a bit, and although it looks and smells delicious, I put in a bit too much water. So I have more of a soup than a chili. I guess I could add flour to thicken?

Best to let it boil down. Also cornstarch and cold water mixed and then stirred in will thicken without the flour taste.

Suu

I don't have any cornstarch, so I guess I'll let it finish up and see how thick it is.

Adios

Quote from: Suu on January 03, 2011, 07:59:41 PM
I don't have any cornstarch, so I guess I'll let it finish up and see how thick it is.

If it isn't thick enough at finish make some cornbread to eat with it. Place cornbread in bowl, add chili.

AFK

Quote from: Suu on January 03, 2011, 07:59:41 PM

Is this where I get to say you will roux the day?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

My tummy is rumbling!!!

I got like another 45 mins.