News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

You say you want a resolution, yeah, you know...

Started by LMNO, January 03, 2011, 06:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

I have a friend who does that compulsively and it's just about the single most annoying thing ever. Like, only slightly less annoying than when people say things like "in all honesty", "frankly", or "to tell you the truth..." as though they had obviously been lying to you up to that point.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Rumckle

That sounds really cool Nigel, do you grow any vegies or herbs?
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Suu

Also: I'm losing 40lbs.

I'm not TRYING To lose 40lbs, I _AM_ losing 40lbs. And it will be done by the summer. Enough of this bullshit. I'm sick of this hate weight I put on.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

maphdet

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 03, 2011, 06:17:23 PM
In a move that coincidentally occurrs in the same time period as the arbitrary switching of Gregorian calendar years, I have decided not to drink so much for a while.

I'm telling all of you so you can mock me when I eventually post about being hungover.

The hangover part is the only reason I am considering to ease up on drinking.

*hates the yuk feeling the next day but loves the yay feeling the day before*
Oh well.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rumckle on January 04, 2011, 01:46:51 AM
That sounds really cool Nigel, do you grow any vegies or herbs?

Oh yes. Oh my, yes.

I am a compulsive hoarder-for-the-end-times and have been growing and scavenging food since I was an impoverished and hungry urchin.

I grow almost everything. Herbs, veggies, fruit. It would be a long and boring list were I to try to spell them all out.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: maphdet on January 05, 2011, 12:01:14 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 03, 2011, 06:17:23 PM
In a move that coincidentally occurrs in the same time period as the arbitrary switching of Gregorian calendar years, I have decided not to drink so much for a while.

I'm telling all of you so you can mock me when I eventually post about being hungover.

The hangover part is the only reason I am considering to ease up on drinking.

*hates the yuk feeling the next day but loves the yay feeling the day before*
Oh well.

It only hurts when you stop.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

My resolution is to stop eating questionable food.

examples:
-chinese food from the back of the fridge that's been there so long that I can't remember how long ago it was I had it, then when I check my bank account to see when I bought it I shudder, then eat it anyway
-spoiled 3 week old macaroni salad that I doused in hot sauce to cover the funk (that one actually made me sick)
-grey roasted chicken
-molded bread
-sticky things off the floor covered in cat hair
-things off other people's plates when they weren't looking
-candy from 2 halloweens ago
-crunchy peeps
-eggs 2 months past the use by date

This madness just needs to end.

the last yatto

nigel, to help the theme
I suggest you limit the number of days
which your allowed to buy anything during the three months
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

LMNO

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on January 06, 2011, 05:50:31 AM

examples:
-chinese food from the back of the fridge that's been there so long that I can't remember how long ago it was I had it, then when I check my bank account to see when I bought it I shudder, then eat it anyway
-spoiled 3 week old macaroni salad that I doused in hot sauce to cover the funk (that one actually made me sick)
-grey roasted chicken
-molded bread
-crunchy peeps

Sweet merciful fuck.  And I thought I was bad...

Jenne

examples:
-grey roasted chicken
-molded bread
-crunchy peeps

Surely the peeps and candy are fine?  And eating stuff off others' plates--if you were there when they put it on there, again, no harm or foul.

As to the other things...eh, yeah, in moderation if anything.

And I resolved to not have any resolutions, but damn all those holiday pix of me show how much this heifer needs to lose.  Suu, I'll see you your 40# and hope to gawd we both win.  I'm so tired of tight clothing but refuse on principle to do anything else but squeeze.  :lulz:  /am a dork so what?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

examples:
-grey roasted chicken
-molded bread
-crunchy peeps

YOU

are a woman after my own heart.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Able on January 06, 2011, 08:15:23 AM
nigel, to help the theme
I suggest you limit the number of days
which your allowed to buy anything during the three months

I already bought everything!

Dysfunctional Cunt

I've resolved to lose 200+ pounds in dead weight this year.  May he live happily with the new me out there in California. 

I will be divorced in 2011.  If it kills me! :argh!: 

hooplala

Quote from: Telarus on January 04, 2011, 01:23:50 AM
Exercise routine, so I can (re)start my martial arts training routine.

Oh, and I'm learning how to contact juggle, because everyone calls me elf or glefling already:

You know what contact juggling was originally called?  Michael Moschen's act.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on January 07, 2011, 08:16:42 AM

examples:
-grey roasted chicken
-molded bread
-crunchy peeps

YOU

are a woman after my own heart.

She's after your heart allright ... so she can EAT IT.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.