News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

Chick-fil-A

Started by Adios, January 09, 2011, 04:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

You might like the tasty pickles that they put on their chicken sandwiches, but if you're eating at Chick-fil-A, you're also eating at an establishment that partners with some of the most ferocious anti-gay groups around.

Take a look at an event scheduled for February 2011, co-sponsored by Chick-fil-A and the Pennsylvania Family Institute, the leading anti-gay group in the Keystone State and a group that has worked hard to try and pass a constitutional amendment in Pennsylvania banning same-sex marriage.

The February event co-sponsored by Chick-fil-A is called "The Art of Marriage," and it's intended to be a launching point for Pennsylvania to return to "the biblical definition of marriage." Given the work of the Pennsylvania Family Institute, it's hard not to see where this event is going to go -- straight for the jugular of anyone who supports marriage equality for same-sex couples.
http://gayrights.change.org/blog/view/chick-fil-a_partners_with_rabid_anti-gay_group

Now a good troll would want to take the bolded part and campaign for polygamy.

Phox

Oh ho ho, that is freakin' hilarious. I've got a GASM to get on...

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Phox on January 09, 2011, 04:18:11 PM
Oh ho ho, that is freakin' hilarious. I've got a GASM to get on...

That's my girl. :)

Suu

We don't have them 'round these parts, but when I'm in Florida, 90% of the time I actually want Chick-Fil-A, it's Sunday, and they're closed. Fuckers.

Sending the link to my sister
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bruno

Chick-Fil-A is one of the few places that I actively boycott. Partially for their politics, and partially because FUCKING $3.50 FOR A GODDAMN CHICKEN SANDWICH? ARE YUO SHITTING ME?

I'm really not sure where Christians get their "Biblical Definition of Marriage" = 1 man + 1 woman.
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on January 09, 2011, 07:05:21 PM
Chick-Fil-A is one of the few places that I actively boycott. Partially for their politics, and partially because FUCKING $3.50 FOR A GODDAMN CHICKEN SANDWICH? ARE YUO SHITTING ME?

I'm really not sure where Christians get their "Biblical Definition of Marriage" = 1 man + 1 woman.

How much does a chicken sandwich normally cost around there? They're $10-$12 here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

The best sandwich in america costs about 7 bucks.  :. I will not pay more than that for a sandwich.

the last yatto

Spicy chicken at jack in the box is like four bucks
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cain

Probably from the same place the Taliban got the idea homosexuals must be killed by being made to dig a hole, and then collapse a wall on them, ie; they pulled it out of their oversized arses.  I've been noticing a common theme of religious bigots not actually knowing their religious texts all that well for a while now.  They could at least get to know the texts first and then wildly misinterpret the meaning.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sigmatic on January 09, 2011, 10:57:08 PM
The best sandwich in america costs about 7 bucks.  :. I will not pay more than that for a sandwich.

That's like saying that a nice 4-bedroom house in America costs $400,000. Which is to say, completely dependent on location.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Able on January 10, 2011, 12:03:40 AM
Spicy chicken at jack in the box is like four bucks

Oh, we're talking about fast food. Never mind.

Jasper

Quote from: Nigel on January 10, 2011, 12:55:58 AM
Quote from: Sigmatic on January 09, 2011, 10:57:08 PM

That's like saying that a nice 4-bedroom house in America costs $400,000. Which is to say, completely dependent on location.

I guess.  I'm also a student, so I can't go around eating $12 lunches.

Bruno

Quote from: Nigel on January 09, 2011, 10:54:20 PM

How much does a chicken sandwich normally cost around there? They're $10-$12 here.

McDonalds and Hardees both have better fried chickenmeat sandwiches for about the same price, maybe less. $3.50 for a Chick-Fil-A sandwich isn't really outlandishly expensive. I'd rate it a $2.75 sandwich.

I know of at least one convenience store in town that is better.
Formerly something else...

Requia ☣

You know, this would make the company a perfect target for a wrongful termination scam.   :lulz:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Suu

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on January 10, 2011, 09:26:57 AM
Quote from: Nigel on January 09, 2011, 10:54:20 PM

McDonalds and Hardees both have better fried chickenmeat sandwiches for about the same price, maybe less. $3.50 for a Chick-Fil-A sandwich isn't really outlandishly expensive. I'd rate it a $2.75 sandwich.

I know of at least one convenience store in town that is better.

Yes. And McDonald's Southern-Style Chicken Sandwich (aka, Chick-Fil-A's patent must have ran out) just doesn't compare for some reason.

Don't have Hardee's/Carl's Jr. up here either. We have Popeye's, but they're just gross. Chick-Fil-A is one of the few fast food places I can eat at and not feel horrible about it later, well, except for now.

-Suu
Had a Burger King $1 menu spicy chicken sandwich yesterday; wanted to die.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."