News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Unlimited Maine/LePage Hilarity Thread

Started by AFK, January 17, 2011, 05:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Unfortunately, I think what's going to happen is that whatever measly amount of jobs are created through these new pro-business policies, are going to be offset and probably overshadowed by the jobs lost due to decreased tourism from out-of-state because people realize we've been taken over by idjits and want to stay the fuck away.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 31, 2011, 03:22:51 PM
Unfortunately, I think what's going to happen is that whatever measly amount of jobs are created through these new pro-business policies, are going to be offset and probably overshadowed by the jobs lost due to decreased tourism from out-of-state because people realize we've been taken over by idjits and want to stay the fuck away.  

Actually, what's going to happen is that everyone over the age of 20 in the service sector is going to be fired, so that their kids can go work for less pay.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Telarus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 31, 2011, 04:28:59 PM

Actually, what's going to happen is that everyone over the age of 20 in the service sector is going to be fired, so that their kids can go work for less pay.

Yup. The Repub spag tried this "lower than minimum wage, but not in the illegal way" thing with waitresses here in Oregon this last election session.

"It just doesn't make sense that waitresses get paid the highest average wage in the country here in Oregon and also get to have Tips" Fuck off, ass.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

East Coast Hustle

Didn't stop them when Baldacci was in the Blaine House. But yeah, this is a fucking embarrassment.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42701905/ns/health-addictions/

Maine has highest rate of people in treatment for Oxycontin addiction
State has 8 times national average for residents in treatment, Vermont next highest

BRUNSWICK, Maine — It was yet another pharmacy robbery in the small town of Sanford, Maine, where a woman claiming to have a gun said she would shoot if she didn't get the prescription painkiller OxyContin.

It was also a picture of how Maine is now on the front lines of a U.S. prescription drug epidemic the Obama Administration compares to the crack cocaine crisis of the 1980s.

Maine, the New England state better known for its striking coastline and wilderness, has the country's highest rate of residents in treatment to kick OxyContin, the brand name for oxycodone, and has suffered one of the nation's biggest spikes in pharmacy robberies.

The highly addictive opiate has been blamed for a rash of drug store break-ins by desperate addicts and drug dealers who hawk the valuable pills on the black market, authorities say.

One 80-milligram tablet of OxyContin, sometimes called "OC" or "hillbilly heroin," fetches up to $100 on the street.

OxyContin is the opiate-derived analgesic oxycodone made by Purdue Pharma. A generic version of oxycodone became available in 2004.

Last week's CVS pharmacy holdup in Sanford was the fourth drug store robbery in the southern Maine town in roughly a year. It came months after a man brandishing a machete in Rockland, Maine, demanded that a Rite Aid hand over oxycodone, some of which he immediately gobbled inside the store before six officers with guns drawn surrounded him.

"Maine has a serious prescription drug abuse problem, and oxycodone and OxyContin are the two most sought-after prescription drugs," said Sanford Police Chief Thomas Connolly. "It leads to a whole universe of issues."

Jenne

This has been happening in San Diego, too.  Dudes are knocking over pharmacies in grocery stores to get oxy.

East Coast Hustle

I like how they call Sanford a "small town" when it's one of the biggest cities in Maine. :lulz:

But yeah, this won't come as a surprise to anyone who's lived there. Goddamn junkies can't even be junkies for real drugs.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Nigel on April 22, 2011, 03:50:58 AM
Population 20,208?  :lulz:

My tiny desert town has a population of over 30,000 :lulz:

AFK

Maine's a great state to live in if you don't like living around a lot of people.  We tend to be pretty spread out. 

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nigel on April 22, 2011, 03:50:58 AM
Population 20,208?  :lulz:

Yeah, there's only 10 cities in all of Maine with over 20,000 people.

Portland, Lewiston, Bangor, Biddeford, Auburn, Saco, Augusta, Sanford, Waterville, South Portland. That's it. Having more than 5,000 people qualifies as being one of the larger towns in the state.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

You fuckers better vote for Trump, or there's gonna be hell toupee. 

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.