News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Novel interpretations of the 2nd Amendment

Started by Cain, February 01, 2011, 05:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Apparently "not infringed" now means "mandatory"

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20110131/UPDATES/110131031/Bill-would-require-all-S-D-citizens-buy-gun?odyssey=mod|mostview

QuoteFive South Dakota lawmakers have introduced legislation that would require any adult 21 or older to buy a firearm "sufficient to provide for their ordinary self-defense."

The bill, which would take effect Jan. 1, 2012, would give people six months to acquire a firearm after turning 21. The provision does not apply to people who are barred from owning a firearm.

Nor does the measure specify what type of firearm. Instead, residents would pick one "suitable to their temperament, physical capacity, and preference."

The measure is known as an act "to provide for an individual mandate to adult citizens to provide for the self defense of themselves and others."

Rep. Hal Wick, R-Sioux Falls, is sponsoring the bill and knows it will be killed. But he said he is introducing it to prove a point that the federal health care reform mandate passed last year is unconstitutional.

I'm not sure this proves any kind of point whatsoever, except politicians in America are exceedingly stupid and partake in grandstanding with other people's money for shits and giggles.

Cramulus

South Dakota would be a good place to test the effects of mandatory gun ownership

Because pretty much nobody lives there.

Adios

FFS, just another peacock strutting his tail feathers. I wonder how much his stupid is costing the state?

hooplala

I guess we will all have to start shouting FIRE in crowded theaters.  I believe it is now mandatory, for preservation of Free Speech.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Faust

We call it the mutually assured destruction tactic.
We observed that on a global scale that while tense, the countries who held MAD over each other had little to no violent activity.
We want this to filter down through every level of society. With MAD in place on the streets we would see less purse snatching, less stabbings even less verbal disagreements.
No longer will you have to worry about someone bumping into you on the street when they are moody, they wouldn't dream of it when you can open fire on them in retaliation.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

AFK

Nevermind the fact that one is at the federal level and the other is at the State level.  You know, like that Health Care Reform thing they have going on in Massachussetts. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 01, 2011, 05:16:42 PM
FFS, just another peacock strutting his tail feathers. I wonder how much his stupid is costing the state?

I fail to see a problem.  It's not like our states are insolvent, or anything.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 01, 2011, 05:54:27 PM

:lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 01, 2011, 06:01:01 PM

See, that's why Arizona, which is laying off cops left and right, and had to sell it's capitol building, can afford to start immigration legislation that they know will lead to an incredibly expensive court case.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 01, 2011, 06:07:30 PM

See, that's why Arizona, which is laying off cops left and right, and had to sell it's capitol building, can afford to start immigration legislation that they know will lead to an incredibly expensive court case.

Things like this is why I doubt the U.S. has even 10 years left before full economic collapse.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 01, 2011, 06:13:27 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 01, 2011, 06:07:30 PM

Things like this is why I doubt the U.S. has even 10 years left before full economic collapse.

Optimist.  Rome was in the same boat in 50 BCE.  We have another couple of hundred years of flailing around like syphlitic idiots, I think, though life will get tougher within the next 20 years.

Adios

Well, personally Terri and I are officially insolvent now. Along with plentymillion of other Americans. I dunno where the states of the feds are going to get any more money.

Slyph

You pull shit like this, the NRA gives you an A* rating and you get a nice block of retard single-issue fudds on your side.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Slyph on February 01, 2011, 07:24:48 PM
You pull shit like this, the NRA gives you an A* rating and you get a nice block of retard single-issue fudds on your side.

The Fudds are feeling a mite confused, these days.

Michelle Bachmann's stated goal to slash the fuck out of the VA is causing po'bucker heads to explode all over America.  On one hand, she's openly fucking the troops.  On the other, she's on "their side", and they don't know what to do.

Expect even weirder behavior and/or legislation as the year grinds on.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 01, 2011, 06:23:02 PM
Well, personally Terri and I are officially insolvent now. Along with plentymillion of other Americans. I dunno where the states of the feds are going to get any more money.

Charley, it's never to early to resort to cannibalism.