News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

ATTN OLD PEOPLES (Civil war era or there abouts)

Started by Sister Fracture, February 09, 2011, 04:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Here's how it all started.

We were having a regular old flamewar, like we always have, over content vs fluff.  Hugh was very much on the fluff side.  He elected to start a large number of alts, and feed people bad information, about other "alleged" alts, and go into the database to let people read other peoples' PMs, usually out of context. 

The explosion that resulted was epic.

Everything else stems from that.  GTL was just a loser that happened to be here at the time.  Ataraxia was one of the Hugh crew, if not Hugh himself, but was using a clean IP, so I still don't know who it was...So I go to my default position:  Blame Hugh.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sister Fracture

Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Cain

I think Ataraxia was a real person, but was quickly fed information by Hugh and likely several others (Eldora, for example) via PM and went off half-cocked at TGRR, Machine Grind Dream and ECH, calling upon all the "good" board members to ignore and ostracize them, for some contrived reason.

I also remember drunkenly trolling his thread, demanding to be added to the list.

East Coast Hustle

IIRC, there is a civil war history thread buried around here somewhere.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

My history didn't deal with this event, though someone elses might.

I should actually write some sort of attempted objective version of what happened.  Maybe.  Someday.  When I'm not busy.

East Coast Hustle

I thought your take on the events of the Civil War were very objective. Factual, even.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Thanks.

What I meant to say, before I had a mental fart and typed that sentence, was that my account was lacking in terms of describing several key and minor events, in favour of style.  So a Fully Full Account (for Fullness) still needs to be done.

Cain

Also, I originally thought this thread was about the American Civil War.  Which confused me, as I was pretty sure everyone from that war was now dead.

As opposed to the English Civil War, whose participants are Really Really Dead (for Deadness).

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on February 11, 2011, 06:15:51 PM
Also, I originally thought this thread was about the American Civil War.  Which confused me, as I was pretty sure everyone from that war was now dead.

As opposed to the English Civil War, whose participants are Really Really Dead (for Deadness).

Dick Clark is still alive.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Hoopla on February 11, 2011, 06:18:00 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 11, 2011, 06:15:51 PM

Dick Clark is still alive.

:spittake: