News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Cramizona

Started by Cramulus, February 25, 2011, 03:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

My Human Origins professor did her thesis in Tucson. I'm not joking.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Princess Suu the Apostate on February 25, 2011, 05:57:53 PM
My Human Origins professor did her thesis in Tucson. I'm not joking.

Bad move.  This isn't where it started, this is where it ends.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

FUCK I AM SO MOVINg TO TUSCON!!!!!

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Cramulus on February 25, 2011, 04:56:19 PM
Boston might be on the table too. I would happily move to Boston.

Minneapolis was mentioned too. *shudder* PASS!

Minneapolis is actually an AWESOME city if you can tolerate the winters.

Personally, I think Phoenix is horrendous, but that wouldn't deter me from moving there if the money was good and it was a move up the career ladder. Admittedly, I'm a money-hungry whore, but my life is also pretty awesome (and more so for having enough money to do what I want) so I'm not sure it's a bad thing. The other thing is, no matter how much you hate a place based on impressions, once you land there you will always manage to find cool people and cool things to do. And hell, a little Cramulus might be exactly what a place like Phoenix needs.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on February 25, 2011, 08:21:14 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on February 25, 2011, 04:56:19 PM
Boston might be on the table too. I would happily move to Boston.

Minneapolis was mentioned too. *shudder* PASS!

Minneapolis is actually an AWESOME city if you can tolerate the winters.

Personally, I think Phoenix is horrendous, but that wouldn't deter me from moving there if the money was good and it was a move up the career ladder. Admittedly, I'm a money-hungry whore, but my life is also pretty awesome (and more so for having enough money to do what I want) so I'm not sure it's a bad thing. The other thing is, no matter how much you hate a place based on impressions, once you land there you will always manage to find cool people and cool things to do. And hell, a little Cramulus might be exactly what a place like Phoenix needs.

You should leave his little Cramulus out of it....
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on February 25, 2011, 07:16:14 PM
FUCK I AM SO MOVINg TO TUSCON!!!!!

It's all happy here.  All the time.  Relentlessly.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

*GrumpButt*

*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

Telarus

One of my old cabal mates from Hawaii, Grog the Unkindly, lives right outside of Pheonix.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Sister Fracture

Quote from: Telarus on February 26, 2011, 01:36:37 AM
One of my old cabal mates from Hawaii, Grog the Unkindly, lives right outside of Pheonix.

True-fact: there are only 4 parts of Arizona: Tucson, Phoenix, Grand Canyon, and bum-fuck nowhere. "Phoenix" is actually a metropolis of four large cities, all crammed together. The greater Phoenix area owns all the land between there and Casa Grande (the outskirts of Tucson, Point of No Return.) 

The Grand Canyon has been built around quite a bit, seeing as it is a tourist attraction, and is its own place. Most of the snowbirds that are just vacationing and don't actually have a second home here (I shit you not) go here.

There's Tucson, which everyone knows is The Holy City of She What Done It All, and would you believe its relatively tiny? only about 40 miles x 40 miles square, including Marana, South Tucson, Sahuarita (which is more part of BFN than they care to admit), and the tiny villages in the mountains.  Nobody knows how many there are, and no one cares to go check; there are stories, whispered only when the emergency response teams that responded to the last Great Burning get drunk enough to let it out.

Lastly there is bum-fuck N O W H E R E.  This is interesting, because there are miles and miles of living land (though you lot from where there is too much nature wouldn't recognize it) covered in miles and miles of dying highway, and if you blink at the wrong time, you'll miss the last gas station for 100 miles with no way to turn around.  Aside from that, there are tons of dirt roads that will lead you to nowhere (the kind that calls to the City's inhabitants from times to time), and occasional historic towns tucked away here and there. There are no NEW towns, and there haven't been for at least a hundred years.  There's a kind of furtive quietness about all of these towns, hoping against hope that one of the Big Three won't swallow them up and steal their children and their souls.
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sister Fracture on February 26, 2011, 01:55:51 AM

True-fact: there are only 4 parts of Arizona: Tucson, Phoenix, Grand Canyon, and bum-fuck nowhere. "Phoenix" is actually a metropolis of four large cities, all crammed together. The greater Phoenix area owns all the land between there and Casa Grande (the outskirts of Tucson, Point of No Return.) 

The Grand Canyon has been built around quite a bit, seeing as it is a tourist attraction, and is its own place. Most of the snowbirds that are just vacationing and don't actually have a second home here (I shit you not) go here.

There's Tucson, which everyone knows is The Holy City of She What Done It All, and would you believe its relatively tiny? only about 40 miles x 40 miles square, including Marana, South Tucson, Sahuarita (which is more part of BFN than they care to admit), and the tiny villages in the mountains.  Nobody knows how many there are, and no one cares to go check; there are stories, whispered only when the emergency response teams that responded to the last Great Burning get drunk enough to let it out.

Lastly there is bum-fuck N O W H E R E.  This is interesting, because there are miles and miles of living land (though you lot from where there is too much nature wouldn't recognize it) covered in miles and miles of dying highway, and if you blink at the wrong time, you'll miss the last gas station for 100 miles with no way to turn around.  Aside from that, there are tons of dirt roads that will lead you to nowhere (the kind that calls to the City's inhabitants from times to time), and occasional historic towns tucked away here and there. There are no NEW towns, and there haven't been for at least a hundred years.  There's a kind of furtive quietness about all of these towns, hoping against hope that one of the Big Three won't swallow them up and steal their children and their souls.

We actually have a highway exit to nowhere.  No shit.  Popago Road.

Don Coyote

Coyote, plotting road trip of hell through Arizona. Deserts don't scare him.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on February 26, 2011, 04:47:34 AM

Which way you going to come from?

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 26, 2011, 04:48:44 AM

No clue, this won't be happening until next summer though. If you are going to drive through a desert better fucking do it when it fucking stupid hot.
Grew up with red neck AC and can steer with a single finger on the wheel.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on February 26, 2011, 04:51:13 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 26, 2011, 04:48:44 AM

No clue, this won't be happening until next summer though. If you are going to drive through a desert better fucking do it when it fucking stupid hot.
Grew up with red neck AC and can steer with a single finger on the wheel.

Good luck with that.

The inside of your car will reach 120F.