News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

OkCupid: A Guy's Perspective

Started by saturnine, March 03, 2011, 08:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Quote from: saturnine on March 04, 2011, 02:17:31 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 04, 2011, 12:43:25 AM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 04, 2011, 12:22:30 AM
I'D BE GETTING SO MUCH TRIM IF IT WEREN'T FOR ALL OF THOSE SUCCESSFUL, WITTY, ATTRACTIVE MEN OUT THERE!
\
:lord:

:lulz:

STOP BEING SO FASCIST, YOU RUNNING DOG LACKEY OF THE PATRIARCHY!

Ooh, wait, wait! Let's review! You like reviews, right? I learned this one from you.

When confronted with a nuanced situation, you reduced it to an absurd generalization so you could make pithy comments. They only had to be marginally related to the topic at hand because the point was never discussion, it was growing your e-peen. So then I confronted the fallacies in your logic, and pointed out your posturing, which seems to have actually made you a little angry! So then you said you were leaving the thread. And here's the best part: you couldn't! Because you just had to keep that little pithy little anti-intellectual streak going. Now who's ego is involved?

I fucking see you. I see what you're doing, you piece of shit. What does it say about your site, that one of the admins is a Greyfaced piece of shit? Shouldn't you be on 4Chan?

Woahwait...one of the DISCORDIAN admins is a GREYFACE?
:omg:

And 4chan is full of greyfaces, presumably.
This is why I love the peedee, you always learn something new.

As for okc, mebbe because it's because of where I live, mebbe it's my personality but it's always been a big sack of fail for me. Also, strategy? Why use strategy? You meet people, you talk, you bang, you stick around. Or not. So many monkeys and they all want a piece of you the same way you want a piece of them. Which ones are worth it? Which ones find you worth the precious time we have such little of? Where's the strategy come into play?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

saturnine

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on March 04, 2011, 02:25:43 AM
Still waiting for an explanation about the powers that be, patriarchy and OKCupid.

Because otherwise you are just hiding behind a big word and expecting it to be your catch-all shield without getting called on it.

Sorry. I don't know you or trust you, and given the anti-intellectual streak in the thread so far, I don't feel really inclined to type up what would amount to another essay.

So instead you get the nutshell version. The patriarchy (if you believe there is such a thing, which apparently some people on this board don't -- so let's go with kyriarchy instead) makes women into sexual commodities (among other things). Women are the in-demand commodity on dating sites. Men send messages in bulk; women get to be picky about selecting. So the commodification backfires against men. A world with less sex/gender disparity would presumably have fewer hornball guys acting like dipshits, and fewer women guarding their sexuality under the presumption that it can and will be taken from them.
Jesus. I leave for like a year and a half, and when I come back, it's like everything's different. What the fuck is this board -- ACTIVE or somethin'?
I'm a green Discordian. I don't eat the bun OR the hot dog.
Click here to read "All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace" by Richard Brautigan

Dysfunctional Cunt

jesus this thread took a turn.  Well as a girl I think the problem is most likely Saturwhatever is you're ugly and being a dick to these people.  Ugly people with charm can get laid.  Gorgeous people can be dicks and get laid.  Combine fat, ugly and being a dick and you're not getting laid, you're just fucked.

Change your attitude and see what happens.  Also, maybe pick another site.  You might find a better match elsewhere.  

Straight up, don't get to hopeful for a shitload of one nighters.  Find a nice girl who lets you fuck her and make the best of it.

In any event, straighten up your act or go home to mommy, but stfu you're fucking emo.  Girls really don't like that shit dude.  Those moves lie!

saturnine

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on March 04, 2011, 03:36:54 AM
You seem to be into the social sciences, but i think that one of the trappings of being so, is that when a personal situation that affects you intimately, all that theory gets muddled or gets used self-servingly.

Explain.
Jesus. I leave for like a year and a half, and when I come back, it's like everything's different. What the fuck is this board -- ACTIVE or somethin'?
Click here to read "All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace" by Richard Brautigan

Phox

Quote from: Khara on March 04, 2011, 03:42:00 AM
In any event, straighten up your act or go home to mommy, but stfu you're fucking emo.  Girls really don't like that shit dude.  Those moves lie!
Phox is emo and gets the girls. But Phox is also gorgeous, and a cunt.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 04, 2011, 03:44:37 AM
:fap:

saturnine

jesus this thread took a turn.  Well as a girl I think the problem is most likely Saturwhatever is you're ugly and being a dick to these people.  Ugly people with charm can get laid.  Gorgeous people can be dicks and get laid.  Combine fat, ugly and being a dick and you're not getting laid, you're just fucked.

Change your attitude and see what happens.  Also, maybe pick another site.  You might find a better match elsewhere.  

Straight up, don't get to hopeful for a shitload of one nighters.  Find a nice girl who lets you fuck her and make the best of it.

I have it on pretty good authority that I'm not ugly, although like I said in the first post I'm not gorgeous or anything. And although I'm definitely being a dick in this thread, as a general rule I'm really polite. Plenty of friends on here can vouch for that. Charm is my whole angle. So yeah, to that extent I think your advice about picking another site is good.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Sweetheart gorgeous with a brain can get it 24/7.  Cunt, emo or fucking elmo.   :wink:

Phox

Quote from: Khara on March 04, 2011, 03:50:36 AM

Sweetheart gorgeous with a brain can get it 24/7.  Cunt, emo or fucking elmo.   :wink:
Very true.  :lulz:

Kai

Phox is all phox.  :fap:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: saturnine on March 04, 2011, 03:50:25 AM
jesus this thread took a turn.  Well as a girl I think the problem is most likely Saturwhatever is you're ugly and being a dick to these people.  Ugly people with charm can get laid.  Gorgeous people can be dicks and get laid.  Combine fat, ugly and being a dick and you're not getting laid, you're just fucked.

Change your attitude and see what happens.  Also, maybe pick another site.  You might find a better match elsewhere. 

Straight up, don't get to hopeful for a shitload of one nighters.  Find a nice girl who lets you fuck her and make the best of it.

In any event, straighten up your act or go home to mommy, but stfu you're fucking emo.  Girls really don't like that shit dude.  Those moves lie!

I have it on pretty good authority that I'm not ugly, although like I said in the first post I'm not gorgeous or anything. And although I'm definitely being a dick in this thread, as a general rule I'm really polite. Plenty of friends on here can vouch for that. Charm is my whole angle. So yeah, to that extent I think your advice about picking another site is good.

Translation: MY FRIENDS TELL ME THAT I'M CHARMING AND ATTRACTIVE. MY FRIENDS WOULDN'T LIE TO ME, WOULD THEY?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 04, 2011, 04:43:36 AM
Quote from: saturnine on March 04, 2011, 03:50:25 AM
jesus this thread took a turn.  Well as a girl I think the problem is most likely Saturwhatever is you're ugly and being a dick to these people.  Ugly people with charm can get laid.  Gorgeous people can be dicks and get laid.  Combine fat, ugly and being a dick and you're not getting laid, you're just fucked.

Change your attitude and see what happens.  Also, maybe pick another site.  You might find a better match elsewhere. 

Straight up, don't get to hopeful for a shitload of one nighters.  Find a nice girl who lets you fuck her and make the best of it.

In any event, straighten up your act or go home to mommy, but stfu you're fucking emo.  Girls really don't like that shit dude.  Those moves lie!

Translation: MY FRIENDS TELL ME THAT I'M CHARMING AND ATTRACTIVE. MY FRIENDS WOULDN'T LIE TO ME, WOULD THEY?

:lulz:

Phox

Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on March 04, 2011, 04:34:26 AM

Phox is all phox.  :fap:
:oops:

LMNO

If I may...

QuoteIt's alarming, the number of attractive women who register, create great profiles, and then suddenly disappear a few months later. Sad as it is, I think my brother hit the nail on the head.

Of course there is the possibility that most women people on a dating site are trying to find a monogamous relationship, and the attractive, intelligent ones will succeed more often than unattractive ones; and once you're in a relationship, there's no need to keep your OKC account open.  What you're seeing is natural turnover.

Also,
QuoteFuthermore, god forbid a decent, articulate human male actually is looking for a relatively casual sexual encounter.

The patriarchy... makes women into sexual commodities (among other things).

Just saying.

Why don't you just go to www.manhunt.net if you want a casual sexual encounter?

*GrumpButt*

Maybe your standards are a bit high.

I myself being somewhat attractive, I don't really care what my So looks like. I do not mind fat or ugly (to a point now lol).  AS long as the guy Im talking to has a good brain, has to be smart, I love the nerds.

So try lowering your standards next time you sign up for a INTERNET DATING SITE.
*sigh* You have to be kidding me.