News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on May 18, 2011, 04:20:51 PM
According to the radio this morning, he apparently owes Tiffany's a half million bucks in overdue bills.

When he goes down, it's gonna be big and messy.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Huckabee is out as well.  Jesus told him not to run.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on May 18, 2011, 06:11:30 PM
Huckabee is out as well.  Jesus told him not to run.

Palin/Bachmann?  :banana:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

AFK

Palin is still under contract with Fox News so I'm gathering she's definitely out.  Apparently Fox News suspended the contracts of contributors who have indicated they were either committing or exploring being a candidate.  Those individuals being Gingrich and Santorum.  Apparently this happened on March 2nd, so it would seem if Palin were really going to throw down she would've been suspended as well. 

And that's exactly why Trump dropped out when he dropped out.  May 16th saw the announcement of the NBC lineup which included Celebrity Apprentice with Trump.  So he had no choice but to publicly announce he was out. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on May 18, 2011, 07:55:24 PM
Those individuals being Gingrich and Santorum. 

DIRTY RICKY SANTORUM AND NEWT FUCKING GINGRICH?

:lulz:

This is like putting Erkel in the ring with Evander Holyfield.  It's gonna be a bloodbath.

The Smiler must be pissing his pants laughing.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 18, 2011, 09:29:30 PM

This is like putting Erkel in the ring with Evander Holyfield.  It's gonna be a bloodbath.

Gingrich is already imploding.  I suspect he's just trying to take the eye off of Santorum (who still has that nasty Google problem).

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on May 18, 2011, 09:33:35 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 18, 2011, 09:29:30 PM

Gingrich is already imploding.  I suspect he's just trying to take the eye off of Santorum (who still has that nasty Google problem).

The Smiler will drag Santorum by the heels, right through the campaign.  Dirty Ricky has more skeletons in his closet than John Wayne Gayce.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Also:

QuotePossible presidential candidate Rick Santorum says Sen. John McCain 'doesn't understand how enhanced interrogation works.

No, McCain was only tortured for 5 years.

Santorum, of course, never served.

Freeky

AFK

Santorum doesn't have a shot in hell.  Fuck, Ron Paul has a better shot at being the nominee.  If the guy can't win a Senatorial district in Pennsylvania, as an incumbent, how the fuck does he expect to win primaries? 

I fully expect the begging for Chris Christie to get in the race to become louder and more public.  I think he is really the GOP's only shot at giving Obama any kind of respectable run for his money.  Unless they miraculously are able to perform a personality transplant operation for Romney and/or Pawlenty. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Romney is leading as candidate now, I think.

Herman Cain has been compared to Jimmy Carter (apparently this wasn't meant to be insulting) and Pawlenty with Dukakis (ditto).  Daniels is a "wet" and Ron Paul and Gary Johnson will cannibalize each others supporters.

I think it's going to be Romney-Bachmann.  She can outflank all other Republicans on TARP, she's in with the Tea Party and she's favoured by the evangelicals.  Plus she is mocked by mainstream journalists, and so will use that to prove her populist appeal.  Romney sews up the business/executive end of the deal, she brings in the nutters and you may actually have a combo which wont utterly disgrace themselves at the polls.

I still see Obama winning, but really, the Republicans should be able to crush the Smiler, if they worked at it with the same intensity that they worked at smashing Kerry.

Freeky

I fear for the near future, which I'm still in, according to my imagination.

Luna

Quote from: Cain on May 19, 2011, 07:51:34 AM
Romney is leading as candidate now, I think.

Herman Cain has been compared to Jimmy Carter (apparently this wasn't meant to be insulting) and Pawlenty with Dukakis (ditto).  Daniels is a "wet" and Ron Paul and Gary Johnson will cannibalize each others supporters.

I think it's going to be Romney-Bachmann.  She can outflank all other Republicans on TARP, she's in with the Tea Party and she's favoured by the evangelicals.  Plus she is mocked by mainstream journalists, and so will use that to prove her populist appeal.  Romney sews up the business/executive end of the deal, she brings in the nutters and you may actually have a combo which wont utterly disgrace themselves at the polls.

I still see Obama winning, but really, the Republicans should be able to crush the Smiler, if they worked at it with the same intensity that they worked at smashing Kerry.

You may be right about Romney, but I'd hesitate to name Bachmann.  If the GoP learned anything (an unlikely thing, I'm aware) from the last election, it's that putting a flaky woman on the ticket HURTS.