News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Bachmann is much less flaky than Palin.  She hasn't even quit half way through her term yet.

But seriously, Republicans are incapable of learning.

Luna

Quote from: Cain on May 19, 2011, 04:24:01 PM
Bachmann is much less flaky than Palin.  She hasn't even quit half way through her term yet.

But seriously, Republicans are incapable of learning.

True, not many people are as flaky as Palin.

I suspect you're right that the Republican's can't learn...  They still haven't quite caught on that the internet never forgets a scandal...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

AFK

The other piece of this is that, privately, the GOP may have already written off the 2012 Presidential Race and are really focusing on Senate and House races.  Protecting their majority and looking at how they could pull off winning the Senate or at least pulling even.  So essentially we are looking at 1996 all over again with Romney playing the role of Bob Dole.  He's going to get his shot because it's his turn, and so he will get all of the spotlight time that comes along with it, but in the end he'll lose. 

This paves the way for 2016 and gives them time to groom Chris Christie for a run.  Because I think Chris Christie does want to run for President but he also wants to win, which is why he is rejecting the endless chorus for him to get in the 2012 race. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I was rather surprised Jeb Bush didn't toss his hat in.

I will be amazed if his son doesn't run 2020.

AFK

I think maybe he is waiting for the stink to wear off that is associated with his last name. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/05/former-aide-to-gingrich-is-a-tiffanys-lobbyist/239524/

QuoteChristy Evans, formerly a top staffer to then-whip Newt Gingrich, is a registered lobbyist for Tiffany's, the high-end jeweler where Gingrich and his wife enjoy an extraordinary line of credit.

PALIN/NEWT 2012!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 26, 2011, 07:57:18 PM
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/05/former-aide-to-gingrich-is-a-tiffanys-lobbyist/239524/

QuoteChristy Evans, formerly a top staffer to then-whip Newt Gingrich, is a registered lobbyist for Tiffany's, the high-end jeweler where Gingrich and his wife enjoy an extraordinary line of credit.

PALIN/NEWT 2012!

Oh, yeah.

Huckabee and Pawlenty have also imploded, along with Trump.

Palin, of course, comes pre-imploded.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

In truth, Palin/Bachmann would be funnier.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 26, 2011, 08:11:46 PM
In truth, Palin/Bachmann would be funnier.

For the first time in my life, I have NO idea who to bet on, this time around.

Maybe Christie's big fat ass.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

Cain

I still think Romney/Bachmann has a certain something to it.  In a "I will tear my eyes out" kind of way.  Pawlenty is Romney-lite, Palin's an airhead whose time is past, Cain's a nutbag, Newt's a laughable, pompous failure and Huntsman is tarred through association with Obama and insufficient social conservatism.  Cristie would be a tough contender, I think, but hasn't he ruled out running this year?

Succulent Plant

Quote from: Cain on May 26, 2011, 08:17:40 PM
I still think Romney/Bachmann has a certain something to it.  In a "I will tear my eyes out" kind of way.  Pawlenty is Romney-lite, Palin's an airhead whose time is past, Cain's a nutbag, Newt's a laughable, pompous failure and Huntsman is tarred through association with Obama and insufficient social conservatism.  Cristie would be a tough contender, I think, but hasn't he ruled out running this year?

:lulz: 

Cain

Mittens just threw the nomination.

He admitted he thought global warming may be caused in part by human activity.  On top of Romnyecare and being a Mormon, he just screwed himself.

Cramulus

some political analysts on NPR say:

If Bachmann does well, it's good for Romney. It will cause the levelheaded republicans to run towards him.

but if Bachmann doesn't do well, and Pawlenty seems to be coming out in front, it's bad for Romney. Because one of their most visible major differences is class - pawlenty looks more like a working class advocate, it'll be hard for Romney to fight him along that axis.