News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

LAIL

haven't these spags heard of the Streisand effect?

Luna

Quote from: Cramulus on June 14, 2011, 04:03:28 PM
LAIL

haven't these spags heard of the Streisand effect?

Apparently not.   :lulz:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Precious Moments Zalgo

I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

LMNO

Even though we already knew this, it's good to see other people picking up on it, as well.

http://www.slate.com/id/2297141/

QuoteThe reaction to the first Republican presidential debate baffles me. Here you have the entire roster of candidates endorsing the new Republican orthodoxy—a Hooverism for the 21st century—and yet commentators are acting as though there is somehow a new moderation among the candidates... If there is a shift to the middle, it is only because the new "middle" is yesterday's far right.

Sure, there was a civility to the debate, a congeniality that was pleasant and soothing. But beneath that veneer, if you listened, you could hear the policies of the worst elements of the Republican Party over the past several decades—policies that once were fringe but have now become the mainstream Republican positions.

There are three core examples of this: the cut-taxes/deregulation libertarian perspective that puts even greater faith in the magic of an unfettered private sector than it did before the economic cataclysm of 2007-08; a social conservatism that is hard line on same-sex marriage and abortion rights; and a newfound isolationism that is an overreaction to the adventurism and unilateralism of President George W. Bush.

Jenne

But, this is why I LOVE it when the far left WRANGLE with the so-called "leftwing media" on shows like Maher's.  Granted Garafalo is 1) an actor first and foremost and 2) a comedian at that, but she's also a talk show host and activist in her own right as well.  And the fact she CALLED the leftwing media on its inability to REPORT what's ACTUALLY happening in politics for favor of talking about shit like Weiner's dick--it was awesome.

We need more of that--the media eating its own--to show that they are NOT the foremost authority, and half their so-called news is just bobble-headed bloviations chockful of bullshit.

Cain

There has been more debate on the foreign policy front than in recent years.  But that aside...

Cain

Karl Rove is "masterminding" the Romney campaign.  Cue media liberals and bloggers shitting their pants because Karl Rove is basically Voldemort.

By which I mean he is a comical children's villain with no actually scary characteristics besides being a massive arsehole.  Nevertheless, everyone will shit bricks when he is mentioned, because of his Informed Skill of Machiavellian Scheming.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Cain on June 22, 2011, 12:55:38 PM
Karl Rove is "masterminding" the Romney campaign.  Cue media liberals and bloggers shitting their pants because Karl Rove is basically Voldemort.

By which I mean he is a comical children's villain with no actually scary characteristics besides being a massive arsehole.  Nevertheless, everyone will shit bricks when he is mentioned, because of his Informed Skill of Machiavellian Scheming.

I heard if you say his name three times in front of a mirror, you'll get self-conscious about your neck fat.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Juana

Who the fuck is Jon Huntsman? It's entirely possible that I'm revealing my ignorance (because I stopped paying attention to Republicans unless they were hilarious or terrifying when I stopped being a Libertarian), but I have no idea who this guy is.
http://crooksandliars.com/nicole-belle/jon-huntsman-makes-it-official-throws
At least he didn't ride a motorcycle to the event. To the surprise of no one, former Ambassador Jon Huntsman threw his hat in the ring for the Republican nomination for president for 2012.

QuoteHuntsman, from a podium in New Jersey, with the Statue of Liberty in the background, announced on Tuesday that he would join the race to take on his old boss for the White House next year.

Confirming his intention to seek the nomination, he criticised the president's record and, in contrast with his time as ambassador when he projected American strength, portrayed the US as vulnerable.

"For the first time in our history, we are passing down to the next generation a country that is less powerful, less compassionate, less competitive and less confident than the one we got. This, ladies and gentlemen, is totally unacceptable and totally un-American," he said.

Huntsman, 51, could be a formidable presidential candidate, given his experience in foreign affairs and as a former governor of Utah. But many Republicans cannot forgive the fact that he served in the Obama administration.

Or that he's spoken warmly of the Obama administration in the past. Hard to escape video proof, innit?

There are perhaps hints that the Huntsman campaign may not be as ready for prime time as they would like to believe. First that inexplicable "motorcycling-through-the-desert-I'm-not-a-Wizard" ad teasing his campaign announcement. And then his campaign staff misspells Huntsman's own name in the accompanying press release announcing his candidacy. Oops.

But beyond bizarre ads and campaign workers unfamiliar with their boss' name, in order to have a snowball's chance in hell of capturing the interest of the wacko wing of the Republican party, he's going to have to veer hard right and step away from not only his praise of Obama, but of his personal support of some of the least popular aspects of "Obamacare":

QuoteThere has been much reporting of the fact that as Governor of Utah, Jon Huntsman held a favorable view of the individual mandate, the health insurance coverage requirement that has compelled conservatives to call the president's effort unconstitutional.

The bill ultimately passed in Utah did not include the provision. But it was, as The Huffington Post's Jason Cherkis reported, dropped not because Huntsman personally opposed the idea but because political realities in Utah compelled him to do so.

Huntsman, as a 2007 interview shows, more than just considered a mandate. He supported one publicly. According to a transcript, the then-governor said, " I think if you're going to get it done and get it done right, [a] mandate has to be part of it in some way, shape, or form."

The former governor, who on Tuesday announced he was running for president, has since sought to sweep that moment under the rug. In a video accompanying his formal announcement, the narrator pointedly criticized the idea that individuals should be mandated to purchase health care coverage.

And his family's work with the government of Iran:

QuoteShortly after Jon Huntsman began his tour as President Barack Obama's ambassador to China, an unwelcome letter from an anti-Iran nuclear watchdog group arrived at Huntsman Corp., the chemical company founded by his father.

The bluntly worded missive singled out a Tehran-based subsidiary — purchased when Huntsman worked for the company — for selling polyurethane that could be used in solid fuel for Iranian missiles, among other things.

"How can it be that Ambassador Huntsman could persuade the Chinese government to impose further economic sanctions on Iran when his namesake former company continues to do business in Iran?" read the letter from United Against a Nuclear Iran, a nonpartisan group founded by the late diplomat Richard Holbrooke and veteran Mideast envoy Dennis Ross.

In response to Huntsman announcing his presidential candidacy Protect Your Care Communications Director Eddie Vale issued the following statement:

Quote"As Huntsman stands by the Statue of Liberty one can only hope that none of the tired, poor or huddled masses were counting on having Medicare because Huntsman has said he would sign the Republican budget that ends it. Huntsman's attempt to stand in the shadow of Lady Liberty's history only serves as a dark reminder of how callous it is to attempt to balance the budget on the backs of those who can least afford it.

"What happened to the Huntsman that used to praise Obama, support his health care plan and endorse the individual responsibility provision? It has only been a few weeks since Huntsman returned from China but he has certainly quickly shown a Manchurian candidate like ability to change his positions in an attempt to woo the tea party."

He sounds less retarded (at least right now) than the average Republican, but I doubt that'll last.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

He was Obama's Ambassador to China.

He's no wingnut, his chance of getting the nomination are about as close as the chances of Arlen Specter.

Jenne

He's gonna be the anti-Romney.  Both Mormon, tons of kids, hair just so, good-looking...but he's going to play nicey-nicey with his former boss.  He's apparently what McCain was before the '08 election ate his soul and begat Teh Palin.

East Coast Hustle

Huntsman has always struck me as not being a complete and total shitneck, which means he has absolutely zero chance of making it out of Iowa let alone winning the Presidency.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jenne

Well he is skipping one of the primaries altogether--Iowa I believe is the one he's skipping.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Jenne

Yeah, part of me wonders if this is his "first run" that he expects to lose but instead get his name out there for the REAL election in 2016?