News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

I was a general manager at one of the "flagship" stores for Godfather's Pizza when he was in charge.

Upper management was COMPLETELY out of touch with the reality of "the street", the corporate culture was fucked sideways and back, ambition and innovative thinking were VERY frowned-upon, and illegal/unethical practices regarding hiring, scheduling, and payroll were not only encouraged but insisted upon. And it was made clear by the regional managers that these practices were dictated from on-high directly from the corporate HQ in Omaha.

Results were completely predictable. Anyone with talent (or even a shred of competence) fled the company as soon as they could. When I was hired, Godfather's was 3rd on the hierarchy of national pizza chains with dreams of pulling even with Pizza hut and Dominos. When's the last time anyone here even SAW, let alone actually ate at, a Godfather's Pizza?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 02, 2011, 05:11:36 PM
I was a general manager at one of the "flagship" stores for Godfather's Pizza when he was in charge.

Upper management was COMPLETELY out of touch with the reality of "the street", the corporate culture was fucked sideways and back, ambition and innovative thinking were VERY frowned-upon, and illegal/unethical practices regarding hiring, scheduling, and payroll were not only encouraged but insisted upon. And it was made clear by the regional managers that these practices were dictated from on-high directly from the corporate HQ in Omaha.

Results were completely predictable. Anyone with talent (or even a shred of competence) fled the company as soon as they could. When I was hired, Godfather's was 3rd on the hierarchy of national pizza chains with dreams of pulling even with Pizza hut and Dominos. When's the last time anyone here even SAW, let alone actually ate at, a Godfather's Pizza?

I didn't even know they were still in business, actually.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on November 02, 2011, 12:05:15 PM
Herman Cain, the Foreign Policy Genius the GOP has demanded for so long

http://shanghaiist.com/2011/11/01/gop_presidential_candidate_herman_c.php

QuoteI do view China as a potential military threat to the United States... we already have superiority in terms of our military capability, and I plan to get away from making cutting our defense a priority and make investing in our military capability a priority, going back to my statement: peace through strength and clarity. So yes they're a military threat. They've indicated that they're trying to develop nuclear capability and they want to develop more aircraft carriers like we have. So yes, we have to consider them a military threat.

This is even better than not knowing who the President of Uzbekistan is.

The sad part is, is that a good portion of voters won't know what's wrong with that statement.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on November 02, 2011, 05:23:44 PM

I've never even heard of them before.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on November 02, 2011, 05:55:28 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 02, 2011, 05:23:44 PM

I've never even heard of them before.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :mittens:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

BabylonHoruv

There's 4 in Ohio and none of them are in a major city.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Juana

There's four here, too. Nearest one to me is in Barstow. :lulz: That's scraping the bottom of the barrel, I gotta say. And I hadn't heard of them, either, until all this.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Luna

For the Google challenged:

http://www.yankeesdaily.com/post/32751

They have the public sales figures for the years Cain was CEO.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Precious Moments Zalgo

From what I understand, Godfather's was in serious trouble when he started, and he kept the company alive and returned it to profitability.  I got my information from here: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/jun/10/herman-cain/herman-cain-godfathers-pizza-turn-around/

QuoteA thorough review of business records and interviews with executives who worked with Cain show that the chain was widely considered troubled when he arrived. It's a slight exaggeration to say it was supposed to go bankrupt. But from all accounts, Cain's performance as CEO is widely considered a success. So we rate this statement Mostly True.

Luna, at your link I see total revenues going down, but sales per store going up.  From what I understand, part of how he restored profitability was by closing unprofitable locations, which that chart seems to confirm.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Don Coyote

Two years ago.

It was also the first time I ever heard of them. I thought they were some kind of local chain. :lulz:

CorbeauEtRenard

Well, I'm in Nebraska... so I think it was a couple of months ago at a friend's party, since he's just down the street from one.

I, however, stopped getting pizza from them about 3 years ago though. I much prefer the other local chains.
Art is Dead! (If You Want It)

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Precious Moments Zalgo on November 02, 2011, 08:47:58 PM
From what I understand, Godfather's was in serious trouble when he started, and he kept the company alive and returned it to profitability.  I got my information from here: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/jun/10/herman-cain/herman-cain-godfathers-pizza-turn-around/

QuoteA thorough review of business records and interviews with executives who worked with Cain show that the chain was widely considered troubled when he arrived. It's a slight exaggeration to say it was supposed to go bankrupt. But from all accounts, Cain's performance as CEO is widely considered a success. So we rate this statement Mostly True.

Luna, at your link I see total revenues going down, but sales per store going up.  From what I understand, part of how he restored profitability was by closing unprofitable locations, which that chart seems to confirm.

Easy to do when you close down 75% of your stores, refuse to pay overtime or give merit raises, try to squeeze 70-80 hours a week out of your salaried employees (who are told their salary is based on 45 hours a week), hire illegal immigrants for below minimum wage (and don't give "raises" to your employees who make minimum wage when the minimum wage goes up), refuse to pay for repairs and necessary safety-related upgrades to equipment, etc. Anyone can bestow the appearance of a return to profitability upon a business that was already floundering by cutting tons of corners and screwing over everyone who works for you, but it only works in the short-term, and only on paper. Like I said, how many Godfather's Pizzas are in YOUR neighborhood? And how many people do you know who work at one?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Heh, now that sounds familiar.  Yeah, in works in the very short term, but ultimately you just end up fucking up the company entirely.

Everyone worth keeping ends up leaving and working for your rivals, or else working independently.  The company is then left with undesirables, incompetents, bootlickers and plain stupid, and that then tends to make even less people want to purchase from them.  Company shrinkage sets in and by that point, it's too late.

Luna

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 02, 2011, 10:27:54 PM
Quote from: Precious Moments Zalgo on November 02, 2011, 08:47:58 PM
From what I understand, Godfather's was in serious trouble when he started, and he kept the company alive and returned it to profitability.  I got my information from here: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/jun/10/herman-cain/herman-cain-godfathers-pizza-turn-around/

Luna, at your link I see total revenues going down, but sales per store going up.  From what I understand, part of how he restored profitability was by closing unprofitable locations, which that chart seems to confirm.

Easy to do when you close down 75% of your stores, refuse to pay overtime or give merit raises, try to squeeze 70-80 hours a week out of your salaried employees (who are told their salary is based on 45 hours a week), hire illegal immigrants for below minimum wage (and don't give "raises" to your employees who make minimum wage when the minimum wage goes up), refuse to pay for repairs and necessary safety-related upgrades to equipment, etc. Anyone can bestow the appearance of a return to profitability upon a business that was already floundering by cutting tons of corners and screwing over everyone who works for you, but it only works in the short-term, and only on paper. Like I said, how many Godfather's Pizzas are in YOUR neighborhood? And how many people do you know who work at one?

Huh, I'll be darned.  There's one in Providence.  Of course, it's in Olneyville.  (For those unfamiliar with Providence, I wouldn't walk there at night, even with an armed bodyguard.)
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."