News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

He also got booed off a NH stage about his whole "Gays aren't moral people" bit.

Cain

Turns out Romney actually had 18 less votes than previously recorded.  Someone misreported two votes he got in an area as 20, and the Republican Party is sticking by the misreported figure.  So, Santorum actually won Iowa.

Not that it matters, since he's about to get utterly trounced.

Amusing observation: watching Obama supporters and hyperconservative republicans making common ground by declaring that Mitt Romney must be crushed.  If Romney felt like being mischevious, he could use this as "evidence" of outsider status, and pretend to be the noble reformer, looking to take on corrupt elites.

Cramulus

It's reminiscent of Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" in 2008 - basically "Republicans for Hillary"

Cain

Romney storms to victory in New Hampshire, Santorum last seen crying and slitting his wrists somewhere.

QuoteUS Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has taken another stride towards his party's nomination after a solid victory in New Hampshire's primary.

The former Massachusetts governor was home and dry on nearly 40% of the vote, with most results counted.

Texas Congressman Ron Paul was second on about 23% and former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman third on almost 17%.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2012, 10:51:15 AM
Romney storms to victory in New Hampshire, Santorum last seen crying and slitting his wrists somewhere.

QuoteUS Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has taken another stride towards his party's nomination after a solid victory in New Hampshire's primary.

The former Massachusetts governor was home and dry on nearly 40% of the vote, with most results counted.

Texas Congressman Ron Paul was second on about 23% and former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman third on almost 17%.

Personally, I find this primary season somewhat refreshing. Remember the last few elections where the Tea Party was playing a controlling interest? Now, they can't seem to get anything to go their way.

Romney, a moderate among the modern GOP is in the lead, with Ron Paul taking second and Huntsman pulling third... the Dominionists seem to have lost a lot of their power. Hell, even Romney's move to the right is obviously a political gambit rather than an actual position.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

Yeah, seems they're already a spent force.  It's interesting as well that Santorum became the "conservative" vote when it was in fact Perry who was courting the Tea Party the hardest, and Santorum pretty much disagrees with everything they purportedly stand for.

Of course, it ain't over yet.  Still, the hard-right vote is split three ways, so unless Gingrinch or Perry or Santorum bow out (and their egos wont allow that), then Romney hasn't got too much to worry about.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2012, 11:56:35 AM
Yeah, seems they're already a spent force.  It's interesting as well that Santorum became the "conservative" vote when it was in fact Perry who was courting the Tea Party the hardest, and Santorum pretty much disagrees with everything they purportedly stand for.

Of course, it ain't over yet.  Still, the hard-right vote is split three ways, so unless Gingrinch or Perry or Santorum bow out (and their egos wont allow that), then Romney hasn't got too much to worry about.

I recall one conservative guy I knew saying that when things were going well, the religious right got a lot of attention, but when things were really bad, most conservatives voted based on the economy etc.

In NH, even if Newt, Perry and Santorum threw their votes together they'd only hit 20%. Of course NH isn't really home to the extreme nutjobs :D
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Okaaaayyyy...

So, Newt has gone completely xenophopic, comparing Mitt to John Kerry by pointing out they both speak French

HOWEVER:  In the above clip, he shows Mitt saying, "laissez les bons temps rouler".  Now, this might seem pedantic, but that isn't really a "French from France" phrase.  It's actually a Cajun phrase in Acadian.

Which makes it a purely 100% American phrase.

Cramulus

Dysfunctional Cunt

"I am proud to announce that I am forming an exploratory committee to lay the groundwork for possible candidacy for president of the United States of America of South Carolina."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/01/13/stephen-colbert-announces-run-in-south-carolina-presidential-primary-hands-pac/?test=faces#ixzz1jMxFn6XR

:lulz:

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-spokane/ron-paul-supporters-threaten-atlanta-family-with-rape-death

A man jokes about pulling a stunt to make Ron Paul supporters look like extremists. Ron Paul supporters counter by threatening to murder his family.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Prince Glittersnatch III on January 15, 2012, 12:28:04 AM
http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-spokane/ron-paul-supporters-threaten-atlanta-family-with-rape-death

A man jokes about pulling a stunt to make Ron Paul supporters look like extremists. Ron Paul supporters counter by threatening to murder his family.

Wow... that's profoundly unfunny, and funny at the same time.

"Don't portray us as extremists or we'll kill you and rape your family!"
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

I just posted that link to facebook.

I will be disappointed if no hysterical screeching follows.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Prince Glittersnatch III on January 15, 2012, 12:28:04 AM

Sounds about par for the course.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.