News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

I mean, if I were Romney that's who I'd go with, but that's putting alot of faith in the GOP to act rationally. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

A debate between Christie and Biden would be interesting to watch.  A lot more interesting than the debate between Romney and Obama. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

East Coast Hustle

Oh, no doubt. Any debate where one of the participants is named "Joe Biden" is likely to be worth watching.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

BadBeast

Quote from: Cain on January 18, 2012, 02:06:44 PM
Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 18, 2012, 02:00:40 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 18, 2012, 08:30:04 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Yorkshire

People from Yorkshire, traditionally, have very low tolerance for bullshit.  Combine with the stubborness of a mule, and the sort of down-to-earthness that would look like a parody coming from anywhere else, they're the kind of people that take no prisoners in a high-bullshit environment (like politics).

My English half of the family are from Yorkshire, so I may be a bit biased.

Plus flatcaps and whippets are awesome.  In my ideal world, all of England would be like Yorkshire (especially when it comes to the food, ferret-legging and sword dancing).
So, basically it's England's Maine?

Very much so.  Also a bit like Texas or New York, in that people from Yorkshire tend to identify with Yorkshire well before they identify as being English or whatever.  Of course, that is a sentiment I can get behind anyway, not being keen to identify as English myself.
Yorkshire's secret weapon is it's accent. It's the most sensible sounding accent we've got really. It's different in that when you hear it, you don't immediately want to

A/ Mock it for sounding regional. It transcends region.
B/ Check your pockets,
C/ Loose the Mastiffs.
It's Sensible. Matter of fact. Reeking of Olde Worlde Honesty, and Yorkshire Pudding.
No Bullshit from Yorkshire, it's all sheep country up there. (And honest broadband)
Shame it's no longer suitable for Miners.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Cain

True.  My grandfather was a Yorkshire miner, in fact.  Long retired by the time of Scargill and all, he worked in West Africa instead, showing them how to set charges properly and berating them for not being able to make a proper cup of tea whatsoever.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Don Coyote on January 18, 2012, 01:16:13 AM
The English truly are a strange people. I didn't understand any of that other than something about insects, dogs and hats.

I get exactly the same when I see you speaking in acronyms ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

What do you want us to do, have one word thats 25 letters long and begins with ge and ends with er like what all you other germanic languages do? Nah. Our way is quicker and looks less scary.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

BadBeast

Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 19, 2012, 02:10:02 PM
What do you want us to do, have one word thats 25 letters long and begins with ge and ends with er like what all you other germanic languages do? Nah. Our way is quicker and looks less scary.
Then you'd need nearly a whole alphabet per word, and that's just showing off. Or Welsh.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Nephew Twiddleton

The difference being that dutch unlike welsh has too many vowels isnt that right triijppel zeeroo?

BadBeast

Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 19, 2012, 02:55:31 PM
The difference being that dutch unlike welsh has too many vowels isnt that right triijppel zeeroo?
Welsh only has one vowel. Y.

BadBeast

Nephew Twiddleton

Nephew Twiddleton

Only the welsh could take the sound of stiffling a cough because you might also puke -gwlch- into something meaningful to them.

BadBeast

We didn't tell them about vowels when we civilised 'em. Just for the crack.

BadBeast

Back on topic, I think Gop is actually a Welsh verb. Or a noun. As in "Dai, I saw your sister Myfynwy's mate, Dylwynnch at the Bunch of Leeks Saturday night, and she was gopping"

No idea what it means though.