News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on January 23, 2012, 08:40:48 PM
whaaaaaaaaat

In the 'what were they thinking' dept: Rick Santorum launches C.U.M.

This comes from the land of "you can't make this sh*t up." GOP Clown Car occupant, ace homophobe and bearer of a redefined surname that has become a giant political problem for him on Google, Rick Santorum is not doing himself any more favors by launching the Conservatives United Moneybomb, or C.U.M. for shorthand.

WHAAAAAAAAT

:lulz:

How could that... just... OH WOW.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Filthy minds!  Clearly he is just signaling his love for the heavy metal band Quiet Riot. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Can it be... Santorum actually has a sense of humour?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 23, 2012, 09:24:33 PM

I really can't even imagine that happening.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

sotesla4

Cain

Quote from: Nigel on January 23, 2012, 09:55:12 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 23, 2012, 09:24:33 PM

I really can't even imagine that happening.

It's either that, or he's hired the same guy responsible for Rick Perry's Brokeback Mountain look while ranting about Teh Gheys for his fund-raising.

Cramulus

I'm starting to think there IS a fabulous homosexual conspiracy.

Cain

Santorum: when life gives you rape, make rapenade!

No, seriously

QuoteI've always, you know, I believe and I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you

sotesla4

Rape is God's way of reminding women their place in in the home

Cain

Not accepting God's rape-delivered gift makes you a hateful and ungrateful bitch.  True story.

Don Coyote

God shows his love for the single and childless women by sending his angels to gives them the gift of children.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Here's the full quote, in context

QuoteLast Friday, CNN's Piers Morgan asked Santorum to clarify his reasoning behind such a callous position. Insisting that "it's not a matter of religious values," Santorum explained that sexual assault victims should "accept this horribly created" pregnancy because it is "nevertheless a gift in a very broken way" and that, when it comes down to it, a victim just has "to make the best out of a bad situation":

SANTORUM: Well, you can make the argument that if she doesn't have this baby, if she kills her child, that that, too, could ruin her life. And this is not an easy choice. I understand that. As horrible as the way that that son or daughter and son was created, it still is her child. And whether she has that child or doesn't, it will always be her child. And she will always know that. And so to embrace her and to love her and to support her and get her through this very difficult time, I've always, you know, I believe and I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you. As you know, we have to, in lots of different aspects of our life. We have horrible things happen. I can't think of anything more horrible. But, nevertheless, we have to make the best out of a bad situation.