News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on January 25, 2012, 01:09:34 PM
Well, Obama is backed by Soros, who is a progressive, which is as we know is a code-word for "Stalinist"...

And, apparently, according to my top sources on insane conservative blogs, the Muslim Brotherhood are really into buttsex.  Like, really into it.  As we all know, Allah is cool with the chocolate pipeline surfing, so this makes perfect sense

What, like how televangelists are really into picking up men in public restrooms?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Juana

...three hour Lincoln-Douglas style debates...
:lulz: I WOULD WATCH THE SHIT OUT OF THIS.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cain on January 25, 2012, 01:09:34 PM
Well, Obama is backed by Soros, who is a progressive, which is as we know is a code-word for "Stalinist"...

And, apparently, according to my top sources on insane conservative blogs, the Muslim Brotherhood are really into buttsex.  Like, really into it.  As we all know, Allah is cool with the chocolate pipeline surfing, so this makes perfect sense

That was a rather common topic of conversation while I was deployed. Everyone knew the locals were into the mansex.

Cain

You were deployed in Iraq, right?

In Afghanistan, I can actually believe it.  Nothing the Pashtun warlords are more willing to fight over than a pliable 13 year old boy.  However, the local equivalent to the Muslim Brotherhood, the Deobandi sect, eventually spawned the Taliban, did frown upon such things, and then collapsed a wall on top of the guilty parties, as is supposedly the traditional punishment for non-hetro buttsex in those parts.  Not that it stopped the practice, but it did stop warlords from demolishing large parts of Kabul in their fights over the pliable young boy trade, which is Progress.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 26, 2012, 05:22:10 AM
and then collapsed a wall on top of the guilty parties, as is supposedly the traditional punishment for non-hetro buttsex in those parts. 

wat

Those guys are NUTS.  Best execution EVER.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

It was definitely an execution for something, and I think it was homosexuality.

You do wonder about the precise arrangements though.  The Taliban were big into public executuion, pour encourager les austres and all that, so did they build a wall in the middle of the sports stadium in Kabul, where they tended to kill people for their heinous, kite-flying and foreign music listening ways?  Or did they just find one which wasn't being used, and topple that on them?  Given Kabul was mostly rubble at this point, finding a standing wall was likely not easy, and they almost certainly were a valuable local commodoty.  Dexter Filikins, who was in Kabul in 1998, did not go into these kind of details.

I think he did mention he checked a Koran and found no actual mention of such a punishment, and so the Taliban were making shit up again, but I'm not totally sure on that.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 26, 2012, 05:31:00 AM
It was definitely an execution for something, and I think it was homosexuality.

You do wonder about the precise arrangements though.  The Taliban were big into public executuion, pour encourager les austres and all that, so did they build a wall in the middle of the sports stadium in Kabul, where they tended to kill people for their heinous, kite-flying and foreign music listening ways?  Or did they just find one which wasn't being used, and topple that on them?  Given Kabul was mostly rubble at this point, finding a standing wall was likely not easy, and they almost certainly were a valuable local commodoty.  Dexter Filikins, who was in Kabul in 1998, did not go into these kind of details.

I think he did mention he checked a Koran and found no actual mention of such a punishment, and so the Taliban were making shit up again, but I'm not totally sure on that.

Probably.  But hot damn, they're the best evil guys ever.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

They certainly make it easy to hate them, don't they?

Filikins' The Forever War, where I got this from, is one of the best books on the war on terror as well.  Not from the political angle, but the sheer waste of life and insanity of it all angle.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 26, 2012, 11:47:46 AM
They certainly make it easy to hate them, don't they?

Filikins' The Forever War, where I got this from, is one of the best books on the war on terror as well.  Not from the political angle, but the sheer waste of life and insanity of it all angle.

Well, that's just it...They're sort of like armed religious whackjobs meets Russian mob nihilism.

I laugh, but they're the very worst people on Earth.

Don Coyote

You were deployed in Iraq, right?

In Afghanistan, I can actually believe it.  Nothing the Pashtun warlords are more willing to fight over than a pliable 13 year old boy.  However, the local equivalent to the Muslim Brotherhood, the Deobandi sect, eventually spawned the Taliban, did frown upon such things, and then collapsed a wall on top of the guilty parties, as is supposedly the traditional punishment for non-hetro buttsex in those parts.  Not that it stopped the practice, but it did stop warlords from demolishing large parts of Kabul in their fights over the pliable young boy trade, which is Progress.

I'd chalk it up to the fact the average person doesn't see a difference between the combatants in Iraq and in Afghanistan. Everyone is Taliban to them. :argh!:

Cain

Nate Silver suggests we have reached Peak Gingrinch:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/25/polls-suggest-gingrichs-support-may-have-peaked/

QuotePolling released within the past 24 hours suggests that Mitt Romney may have stopped and possibly reversed Newt Gingrich's momentum before the Florida primary on Tuesday.

... In fact, I suspect ... that there is enough evidence—when you look carefully at the day-to-day results—to conclude that Mr. Romney has re-emerged as the slight favorite in Florida instead....

Looks like Newt's plans for a Moonbase are not winning over Flordia's voters

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on January 26, 2012, 11:19:53 PM
Nate Silver suggests we have reached Peak Gingrinch:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/25/polls-suggest-gingrichs-support-may-have-peaked/

QuotePolling released within the past 24 hours suggests that Mitt Romney may have stopped and possibly reversed Newt Gingrich's momentum before the Florida primary on Tuesday.

... In fact, I suspect ... that there is enough evidence—when you look carefully at the day-to-day results—to conclude that Mr. Romney has re-emerged as the slight favorite in Florida instead....

Looks like Newt's plans for a Moonbase are not winning over Flordia's voters

Maybe he should have pitched it as a penal colony.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 26, 2012, 05:23:31 AM
and then collapsed a wall on top of the guilty parties, as is supposedly the traditional punishment for non-hetro buttsex in those parts. 

wat

IN MUSLIM AFGHANISTAN, COME THE REVOLUTION, WALL IS FIRST AGAINST YOU
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

Too bad, the moonbase idea was almost enough to get me to vote for the scummy bastard regardless of everything else.

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 27, 2012, 12:13:38 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 26, 2012, 05:23:31 AM

wat

IN MUSLIM AFGHANISTAN, COME THE REVOLUTION, WALL IS FIRST AGAINST YOU

:lulz: