News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: What's-His-Name? on February 16, 2012, 04:59:40 PM
Gotta see if I can talk the wife into that one.  We were just talking the other day about making some plans this summer to catch some concerts in Beantown.

Well, this is a concert, and it is in Beantown.

Ok, you can make plans with me if you like then.  8)
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

East Coast Hustle

Just a heads-up guys: Maiden is going the extra mile to make their shows fan-friendly which means that with teh exception of the dates that are at large festivals they are only issuing paperless tickets, meaning everyone in your party has to be present at the gate at the same time with photo IDs and the credit card used to buy the tickets. It also means that you won't be able to buy from scalpers and there will be few if any tickets released to the secondary ticket market so if it sells out you'll be shit outta luck. Tickets go on sale march 3rd for all US sates IIRC.

And you guys are lucky, you'll get Alice Cooper as the opening act. We get stuck with Coheed and Cambria, though I guess the girl who is their singer has an OK voice.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on February 16, 2012, 06:12:50 PM
And you guys are lucky, you'll get Alice Cooper as the opening act.

Alice Cooper has forever ruined himself for me, thanks to his Phoenix-based radio show.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Yeah, isn't he another Conservatard rocker guy?  I know he's a fairly religious guy. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: What's-His-Name? on February 16, 2012, 06:16:52 PM
Yeah, isn't he another Conservatard rocker guy?  I know he's a fairly religious guy.

Really? Is this a thing now? Is it about the money or something?

The Good Reverend Roger

He has the uncommon good sense to NOT talk about politics (the only positive thing about his show, other than the fact that he plays Badfinger, etc, once in a while).  He's as GOP as they get, but he keeps it as private as possible, as far as I've seen or heard.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 16, 2012, 06:18:38 PM

If Alice Cooper didn't have money concerns, he wouldn't be recording a radio show 5 days a week.

He just got old.

Just saying.

East Coast Hustle

I don't care what his politics are as long as his stage show still kicks ass and he plays "Eighteen" somewhere in the encore.

Not that I'll get to see him. I get "Rush Reborn" as the opening act.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

I think he's always been that way, though, but he's largely kept it to himself over most of his career.  But he seems to be letting it slip out here and there as he's gotten older.  For example this little nugget on Sarah Palin:

Quote"I vote for the person, not the party. [As for U.S. Vice President hopeful Sarah Palin], I think she's totally a breath of fresh air. When they say she has no experience, maybe that's what Washington needs. I still don't know who I'm going to vote for. But in a shooting war, I want a pit bull, not a poodle. I'm gonna go for the hawk."

Granted, he's not quite as overt and annoying with it as say Mustaine and Gene Simmons.  Simmons, not surprisingly, being one of those "Rah Rah Israel!" conservative types. 

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: What's-His-Name? on February 16, 2012, 06:31:47 PM

I think he's always been that way, though, but he's largely kept it to himself over most of his career.  But he seems to be letting it slip out here and there as he's gotten older.  For example this little nugget on Sarah Palin:

Quote"I vote for the person, not the party. [As for U.S. Vice President hopeful Sarah Palin], I think she's totally a breath of fresh air. When they say she has no experience, maybe that's what Washington needs. I still don't know who I'm going to vote for. But in a shooting war, I want a pit bull, not a poodle. I'm gonna go for the hawk."

Granted, he's not quite as overt and annoying with it as say Mustaine and Gene Simmons.  Simmons, not surprisingly, being one of those "Rah Rah Israel!" conservative types.

I figured that Gene Simmons would be a fiscal conservative at any rate since he wants his fucking face on everything so he can get it on.

Nephew Twiddleton

Luna

Mostly, I think it's a "fuck scalpers/third party ticket places buying all the tickets and raping our fans" thing.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

AFK

Speaking of, there is some hub-bub here in Maine because one of our counties had to postpone their caucus due to weather or some kind of bullshit, and Romney only one by a small amount of votes.  And this county that hasn't caucused yet is full of Paulites.  But the chairman of the GOP here is refusing to count those votes and even if they push Paul over the edge, the win will still go to Romney. 

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: What's-His-Name? on February 16, 2012, 08:08:54 PM
Speaking of, there is some hub-bub here in Maine because one of our counties had to postpone their caucus due to weather or some kind of bullshit, and Romney only one by a small amount of votes.  And this county that hasn't caucused yet is full of Paulites.  But the chairman of the GOP here is refusing to count those votes and even if they push Paul over the edge, the win will still go to Romney.

I'm ok with this.

College students are stupid enough to elect Ron Paul.