PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Luna on July 27, 2012, 10:46:13 AM
Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 27, 2012, 06:23:47 AM
I guess what I'm saying is that, politically speaking, Romney as President wouldn't be the worse thing in the world if you're ok with out of touch entitled douchebags with no solid opinion on anything other than beating up gay kids and being such a regular douche and/or liar that he can't remember the incident, who lies about other shit to your face anyway and won't even win the state he was Governor in, and has immediately proven himself inept in foreign policy with our special friend forever England as the President of the United States, then well, more power to you.

He'll take more vacation time than any other president. He's like a lazier, douchier, paler, less likeable Obama. So, more of the same, but with more collective vomit swallowing and more involuntary haircuts.

The biggest issue with Romney seems to be that he's willing to be led by those around him... and he surrounds himself with people who think they can legislate away rights.

Also:

http://www.politicususa.com/romney-shambles-britain-proclaims-worse-sarah-palin.html

My nomination for best line in a political review:

QuoteNot since World War II has London seen a bombing as thorough as Mitt Romney's.

:lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

Yeah, so Romney is getting literally everything wrong, and no one really cares.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/01/poles-apart-2/

QuoteSo on the third leg of his foreign tour, Mr. Bean Mitt Romney lavished praise on the Polish economy. It wasn't quite as big a blooper as his praise for Israel's single-payer-plus-price controls health care system, but it wasn't good.

For one thing, Poland has substantially bigger government than the US; in 2007, that is, pre-crisis, the Polish government spent 42 percent of GDP, compared with 37 in the United States. And despite what Romney claimed, there was no obvious trend toward smaller government; Polish spending as a share of GDP was about the same in 2007 as it had been in 2000.

Oh, and universal health care too.

Poland's success suggests that (a) big government isn't so bad (b) sometimes its good to debase your currency.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 01, 2012, 02:52:30 PM
Yeah, so Romney is getting literally everything wrong, and no one really cares.

He's looking like a loser, while Obama is just smiling his ass off.

It doesn't matter if anyone cares.  Romney is shaping up to be the next Kerry.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

He's looking like a loser to those who are paying attention.

Which is, apparently, only about 45% of the country.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 01, 2012, 03:04:49 PM
He's looking like a loser to those who are paying attention.

Which is, apparently, only about 45% of the country.

Polls are universally crap.

Fact is, Romney is constantly playing catch up against an encumbent.  He has no momentum, and nobody in his own party likes him.  He's off-balance and out of his league.

My guess is that ~ 10% of republicans will stay home in November.

I give it to Obama at +5% of the popular vote, and 100 electoral votes, due to the popular vote distribution.

The American people will forgive anything but a loser. 

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

While I do think that Obama will end up winning, it's worth remembering that people who oppose him are crazy. It's the anybody but Obama thing.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Salty

What I think is of paramount importance is not whether Romney is a complete idiot, or turns around "facts" any way he pleases with no regard for fact checking, or gets outrageous tax credits, or is a total hypocrite. No. That is par for course. That is his station. It's what he does. Could you imagine him doing anything else.

There are people out there KIND and LOVING and mostly intelligent people out there who oppose Obama. Sometimes it is simple greed, sometimes it's misguided concern that we've all felt at one time or another. The idea that SOMETHING needs to be set Right. I blame talk radio.

Then again NO I don't blame talk radio. You'll have to pardon me if I sound a little like a libertarian when I say: That is your responsibility. You have a responsibility to empower your brain meat with something like the truth. Choosing not to is like choosing not to intake oxygen, eat food, or come into physical contact with human beings.

What I'm saying is if you can't to the former PLEASE STOP DOING THE LATTER KTHX.

What drive me up the wall is not the rhetoric, it's the way the rhetoric is eaten up. I know we are all supposed to be special unique little snowflakes assholes, and we aren't supposed to take groups of people and launch their withered minds directly into the SUN because that's bad.

Those are people, right? Wrong. Those aren't people. Not until they start acting like it. And you know what makes people act human? Fear.

And you know, maybe that's where a certain kind of mind will start fantasizing about automatic weapons and innocent bystanders. But I know better, I have the HOLY FUCKING LIGHT. And you can't just pick and choose.

Nope. Every election year I am reminded of the axiomatic FACT that all humans must be destroyed.

OR KILL ME.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Freeky

The Good Reverend Roger

Romney has chosen Ryan as his VP pick, announcing it during the olympics (hence the fact that nobody heard about it).

For both of the above facts, it is now apparent that Romney's campaign is being run by autistic spider monkeys.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 12, 2012, 06:08:47 PM
Romney has chosen Ryan as his VP pick, announcing it during the olympics (hence the fact that nobody heard about it).

For both of the above facts, it is now apparent that Romney's campaign is being run by autistic spider monkeys.

This actually made me cackle. Loudly.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 12, 2012, 06:26:45 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 12, 2012, 06:08:47 PM

This actually made me cackle. Loudly.
What's so dumb about running "Put the old bastards on ice floes" Ryan, when you have an aging population?

:lulz:

Cain

It was also announced 6am on a Saturday morning, during said Olympics.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's almost like they're trying to throw the election.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Telarus

What if they're being paid to throw the election?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!