News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

I think this is one of the very few things I can think of that Republicans can actually make me angry over. Fucking infuriating.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on August 28, 2012, 12:03:37 AM
I think this is one of the very few things I can think of that Republicans can actually make me angry over. Fucking infuriating.

If anyone you know isn't going to vote because "they're all the same", then maybe you should show them that clip.

The GOP has gone from being "the party of the rich" to "absolute scum of the Earth".  And this clip demonstrates the difference between "bad" and "worse".

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2012, 12:05:28 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on August 28, 2012, 12:03:37 AM

If anyone you know isn't going to vote because "they're all the same", then maybe you should show them that clip.

The GOP has gone from being "the party of the rich" to "absolute scum of the Earth".  And this clip demonstrates the difference between "bad" and "worse".

When I first saw an article on it this morning, I thought it said "Rape is just another method of contraception". It didn't even suprise me when I read it that way, I just started reposting it here and there before I realized the mistake.

You're right. We have a new social norm.  :horrormirth:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on August 28, 2012, 12:09:42 AM

You're right. We have a new social norm.  :horrormirth:

No.  We will have - for good or for ill - a new social norm in November.  Either this insanity will be rejected by voters, or it won't.

AFK

What's sad is the media aren't going to pick up on this.  Akin doesn't matter, he's just one Congressman, but Ryan is potentially a heartbeat away from being Prez.  This shit should be ALL OVER the news, but won't be.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 28, 2012, 12:30:03 AM
What's sad is the media aren't going to pick up on this.  Akin doesn't matter, he's just one Congressman, but Ryan is potentially a heartbeat away from being Prez.  This shit should be ALL OVER the news, but won't be.

Not yet, anyway.  It's Romney's turn for the media to get all huggy with, you know? 

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Luna

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on August 28, 2012, 03:52:34 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2012, 03:36:40 AM
Quote from: Luna on August 28, 2012, 03:27:25 AM
I can't even...

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/tea-party-rally-emcee-sometimes-you-have-treat-these-liberals-dogs

How is that a shock? 

Anyway, the feeling is mutual.

Mostly shock at the fact that the GoP would let this chucklehead get up in front of TV cameras and SAY that.

They think they're invincible, Luna, just like they did when Palin was schlepping her act across the country.  Hopefully, they're wrong again.  My only worry is that Ryan seems to have more discipline than Palin did.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2012, 03:59:50 AM
Quote from: Luna on August 28, 2012, 03:52:34 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2012, 03:36:40 AM
Quote from: Luna on August 28, 2012, 03:27:25 AM
I can't even...

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/tea-party-rally-emcee-sometimes-you-have-treat-these-liberals-dogs

How is that a shock? 

Anyway, the feeling is mutual.

Mostly shock at the fact that the GoP would let this chucklehead get up in front of TV cameras and SAY that.

They think they're invincible, Luna, just like they did when Palin was schlepping her act across the country.  Hopefully, they're wrong again.  My only worry is that Ryan seems to have more discipline than Palin did.

He does seem more capable than Palin at keeping his mouth shut, but, then, that isn't hard...  We'll see what happens after this weekend.

Cain

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 28, 2012, 12:30:03 AM

Actually it's the Senate, which I would argue is somewhat more important than the Vice-Presidency/possible future Presidency.  Presidents come and go, and have significant term limits.  Senators can sit on the hill for damn near life.  And, in theory, the Senate is not quite as crazy as the House, though the election of Rand Paul and a few others suggests a change is coming.

The Good Reverend Roger

Am I seriously the only person here watching the convention?  This is COMEDY GOLD!

The Good Reverend Roger

The Guardian reporters have stopped even bothering and are apparently getting drunk and hooting at the scene.