News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

No cable, I am spared watching it...

Is that REALLY all the people who showed up?   :lol:

Okay, yeah, hurricane, but, still...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on August 29, 2012, 01:46:32 AM
No cable, I am spared watching it...

Is that REALLY all the people who showed up?   :lol:

Okay, yeah, hurricane, but, still...

The hurricane is two states over.

This is HILARIOUS.

The Good Reverend Roger

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

The SURPRISE guest speaker is...DRUM ROLL...RICK SANTORUM!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on August 29, 2012, 02:54:31 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2012, 02:31:32 AM

NUH

UH

!

His speech was very well received by all 300-400 mullet heads in the audience.

tyrannosaurus vex

:lulz:

Even angry white people know better than to crowd into a convention center in the middle of a hurricane when the GOP is in charge.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: v3x on August 29, 2012, 02:59:09 AM

Even angry white people know better than to crowd into a convention center in the middle of a hurricane when the GOP is in charge.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2012, 03:03:49 AM
Quote from: v3x on August 29, 2012, 02:59:09 AM

Which demonstrates the average Republican's grasp of geography.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2012, 02:31:32 AM

ROFL!

Oh, that's beautiful.

Please, PLEASE tell me he recapped this speech!  (It's less than six months old...)

QuotePresidential candidate Rick Santorum on Thursday said Republicans should give President Barack Obama another term if Santorum isn't the GOP nominee and for a second day compared rival Mitt Romney to an Etch A Sketch toy.

Santorum reiterated an argument he has made before: The former Massachusetts governor is not conservative enough to offer voters a clear choice in the fall election and that only he can provide that contrast.

"You win by giving people a choice," Santorum said during a campaign stop in Texas. "You win by giving people the opportunity to see a different vision for our country, not someone who's just going to be a little different than the person in there."

Santorum added: "If they're going to be a little different, we might as well stay with what we have instead of taking a risk of what may be the Etch A Sketch candidate for the future."
p\

http://news.yahoo.com/santorum-might-well-obama-over-romney-000618396.html

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Anna Mae Bollocks

Were there at least a couple of hookers outside? I mean, it's the RNC, fachrissake. :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

It's not mandatory you show up in a rally to support Mitt Romney, you just have to do it, or else:

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-animal-a/2012_08/coal_miners_forced_to_attend_r039537.php

QuoteSo the Romney campaign visited a coal mine on August 14th, for a speech with a bunch of suitably dirty miners standing behind him, with his podium bearing a placard that read "Coal Country Stands with Mitt." But apparently it should have said "or else" at the end:

The Pepper Pike company that owns the Century Mine told workers that attending the Aug. 14 Romney event would be both mandatory and unpaid, a top company official said Monday morning in a West Virginia radio interview.

A group of employees who feared they'd be fired if they didn't attend the campaign rally in Beallsville, Ohio, complained about it to WWVA radio station talk show host David Blomquist. Blomquist discussed their beefs on the air Monday with Murray Energy Chief Financial Officer Rob Moore.

Moore told Blomquist that managers "communicated to our workforce that the attendance at the Romney event was mandatory, but no one was forced to attend." He said the company did not penalize no-shows.

Because the company's mine had to be shut down for "safety and security" reasons during Romney's visit, Moore confirmed workers were not paid that day.

Even better, the company is keeping a list of all politically active workers:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/28/coal-miners-say-they-were-forced-to-attend-romney-event-and-donate/

Quote"Yes, we were in fact told that the Romney event was mandatory and would be without pay, that the hours spent there would need to be made up my non-salaried employees outside of regular working hours, with the only other option being to take a pay cut for the equivalent time," the employees told Blomquist. "Yes, letters have gone around with lists of names of employees who have not attended or donated to political events."

All of this is, most likely, legal.  While threatening someone to attend a political rally at gunpoint is illegal, threatening them to attend a political rally by destroying their likelihood is actually very legal in most US states, as is firing someone for their political views.  As such, when your manager says "attend a rally", unless you want to be in a soup kitchen next week, you do as you're told.