News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

lolz

http://www.thenation.com/blog/169757/exclusive-paul-ryan-quietly-requested-obamacare-cash

QuoteRepublican vice-presidential candidate Paul Ryan is barnstorming the country, promising to repeal every provision of the Affordable Care Act if the Romney-Ryan ticket is elected. But a letter he wrote to the Obama administration may undermine this message.

On December 10, 2010, Ryan penned a letter to the Department of Health and Human Services to recommend a grant application for the Kenosha Community Health Center, Inc to develop a new facility in Racine, Wisconsin, an area within Ryan's district. "The proposed new facility, the Belle City Neighborhood Health Center, will serve both the preventative and comprehensive primary healthcare needs of thousands of new patients of all ages who are currently without healthcare," Ryan wrote.

The grant Ryan requested was funded directly by the Affordable Care Act, better known simply as healthcare reform or Obamacare.

Note: Lee Fang is a slimy and disingenuous piece of shit who frequently scatters inaccuracies, falsehoods and out of context data in his articles...but as far as I can tell, this letter is legit (a PDF of it, and the response, are hosted on Gawker).

Luna

Anybody else catch this bit?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/paul-ryan-fails----the-truth/2012/08/29/bbfe1eac-f254-11e1-b74c-84ed55e0300b_blog.html

Quote from: Paul Ryan at RNC
He created a bipartisan debt commission. They came back with an urgent report.  He thanked them, sent them on their way, and then did exactly nothing.

Apparently, "THEM" is a bit misleading.  Paul Ryan was ON said debt commission... which means he should have KNOWN that there was no "urgent report."  No report was ever placed on Obama's desk, because it was voted down in committee.

Ryan voted against it because, among other things, it didn't cut Medicare...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/30/politics/fact-check-ryan-debt-commission/index.html
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

LMNO

I think I need a refesher on the different types of fallacies, because for some of these, "lies" doesn't quite fit.

For example, if you're going to compare Obama and Carter, and say that Carter's unemployment was 7.8%, and Obama's has been over 8%, but leave out that both Bush and Reagan had rates of over 9%, that's not really a lie, but it's a really poor way to frame the situation.

And saying Obama took $716B from Medicare, while neglecting to mention Ryan's own plan does the same, is also not quite a "lie". 

I'd call it "blatant bullshit", but there has to be a better term for the kind of rhetorical chicanery that's going on here, right?

Also, anyone notice any big factual errors in Warren's or Clinton's speeches last night?

Cain

"Removing context" and "selective reporting" would seem to cover both of those.

Luna

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cain

Glenn Kessler is in the tank for Romney so much it's not funny.  He was defending that idiotic "Romney wasn't CEO of Bain" story right up to the point where the documents came out, and then backpedaled by trying to say Romney wasn't making any real decisions, he was just a figurehead.

I wouldn't trust his fact-checking skills when it comes to anything to do with the 2012 race.

LMNO

A lot of that article wasn't fact-checking so much as debating provisions.

Luna

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 06, 2012, 02:51:17 PM
A lot of that article wasn't fact-checking so much as debating provisions.

Granted...  However, had there been any blatant, flag waving lies, I would expect them to have caught it.  I'll keep an eye out.

Luna

Wait...

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/romney-camp-announces-black-leadership-council

The Romney Campaign just announced their "Black Leadership Council." 

QuoteThe council will "help facilitate dialogue between Mitt Romney and respected leaders who provide unique expertise, experience and knowledge on a range of issues impacting black American communities," according to the campaign.

Chaired by Tim Scott and Allen West.

This can't possibly go badly.

The Good Reverend Roger

It's hilarious.  The token commission.

Anyway, after Rove and the Koch brothers pulled funding in PA, it seems Romney won't be campaigning there at all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

ANNNNNNNNND add Michigan to that list.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Interesting tidbit...

They scored the speeches given by the First Lady and Ann Romney at their respective conventions.

Ann Romney's speech at the RNC came in at the lowest grade level for the wife of the candidate in the history of conventions.  Fifth grade level.

Michelle Obama's speech at the DNC came in at the HIGHEST grade level for the wife of the candidate, at 12th grade.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cspg/smartpolitics/2012/09/michelle_obamas_dnc_speech_wri.php

hirley0

Quote from: Luna on September 06, 2012, 12:49:14 PM
Anybody else catch this bit?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/paul-ryan-fails----the-truth/2012/08/29/bbfe1eac-f254-11e1-b74c-84ed55e0300b_blog.html

Quote from: Paul Ryan at RNC
He created a bipartisan debt commission. They came back with an urgent report.  He thanked them, sent them on their way, and then did exactly nothing.

Apparently, "THEM" is a bit misleading.  Paul Ryan was ON said debt commission... which means he should have KNOWN that there was no "urgent report."  No report was ever placed on Obama's desk, because it was voted down in committee.

Ryan voted against it because, among other things, it didn't cut Medicare...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/30/politics/fact-check-ryan-debt-commission/index.html

No.
as A West coaster its CLEAR anything East of the Mississippi
OR the continental divide for that matter is simply GARBAGE
& thier4 simply does not Matter. THE "PRIMARIES" are about
over. preparations R under way for the second dairy. BWUW

Cain

Quote from: Luna on September 06, 2012, 05:50:26 PM
Interesting tidbit...

They scored the speeches given by the First Lady and Ann Romney at their respective conventions.

Ann Romney's speech at the RNC came in at the lowest grade level for the wife of the candidate in the history of conventions.  Fifth grade level.

Michelle Obama's speech at the DNC came in at the HIGHEST grade level for the wife of the candidate, at 12th grade.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cspg/smartpolitics/2012/09/michelle_obamas_dnc_speech_wri.php

Dems are already excitedly talking about Hillary Clinton/Michelle Obama in 2016.

:horrormirth:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on September 06, 2012, 03:25:06 PM
Wait...

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/romney-camp-announces-black-leadership-council

The Romney Campaign just announced their "Black Leadership Council." 

QuoteThe council will "help facilitate dialogue between Mitt Romney and respected leaders who provide unique expertise, experience and knowledge on a range of issues impacting black American communities," according to the campaign.

Chaired by Tim Scott and Allen West.

This can't possibly go badly.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: GOLDEN!!!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."