Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

Another leaked tape out today, showing Romney's, uh, imaginative view of Middle Eastern politics.

And by that, I mean fantastical plots of Iran asking Hezbollah to smuggle a dirty bomb into the USA, and how all Palestinians are committed to the destruction of Israel.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 18, 2012, 07:25:35 PM
Another leaked tape out today, showing Romney's, uh, imaginative view of Middle Eastern politics.

And by that, I mean fantastical plots of Iran asking Hezbollah to smuggle a dirty bomb into the USA, and how all Palestinians are committed to the destruction of Israel.

This guy is awesome.  He STILL can't get it through his head that on the campaign trail, THERE IS NO PRIVACY.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

The best part is these seem to be meetings of privately invited super-rich donors.

So either Romney has horrified a former dependable paymaster for the Republicans, or somehow the Democrats have managed to get a mole into his camp.

Either way, it doesn't sound good for him.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 18, 2012, 07:38:06 PM
The best part is these seem to be meetings of privately invited super-rich donors.

So either Romney has horrified a former dependable paymaster for the Republicans, or somehow the Democrats have managed to get a mole into his camp.

Either way, it doesn't sound good for him.

The best part is that now he can't trust anyone.  I mean, it could just as easily be a staffer.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Well, that was what I was thinking in terms of a mole.

Also, a lot of his staffers openly despise each other, so getting them fighting and stabbing each other in the back is hardly difficult work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 18, 2012, 07:40:41 PM
Well, that was what I was thinking in terms of a mole.

Also, a lot of his staffers openly despise each other, so getting them fighting and stabbing each other in the back is hardly difficult work.

What's annoying me about this election is that it isn't even happening.  Obama's letting Romney run against himself, and Romney can't even control his own staff.  I prefer a little more sport in my blood sport.

Cain

Obama was prepared to go very negative this election, but I think someone in his campaign decided at this point, picking on Romney would actually engender more sympathy for him than anything else.

That said, for some reason, the UK Tories are really ripping into Romney, even currently.  It's quite unprecedented to see a sitting Prime Minister direct so much vitriol at a nominee in a foreign state before now. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 18, 2012, 08:22:12 PM
Obama was prepared to go very negative this election, but I think someone in his campaign decided at this point, picking on Romney would actually engender more sympathy for him than anything else.

That said, for some reason, the UK Tories are really ripping into Romney, even currently.  It's quite unprecedented to see a sitting Prime Minister direct so much vitriol at a nominee in a foreign state before now.

Hardly surprising, after Romney's whirlwind "Shitting on Our Best Friends" tour.

Cain

Yeah, but for a lot of the Tory Party it is still Feburary 2003, Republicans are awesome, peaceniks and people who criticise America suck, and it's time to get with the program.  Cameron did say he wasn't "pro-American" but instead was an Atlanticist who would look to the British national interest first and foremost, but I didn't for a minute think he actually meant it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 18, 2012, 08:25:56 PM
Yeah, but for a lot of the Tory Party it is still Feburary 2003, Republicans are awesome, peaceniks and people who criticise America suck, and it's time to get with the program.  Cameron did say he wasn't "pro-American" but instead was an Atlanticist who would look to the British national interest first and foremost, but I didn't for a minute think he actually meant it.

I think the last vertebrate you had in the PM's office was John Major, but I'm afraid I don't know enough to make that a statement rather than an ill-informed opinion.

Cain

The Gray Man had a surprising amount of spine, given his reputation as being boring and a pushover, yes.  I know he refused to be drawn into Bosnia at all, which earned him the emnity of British Neocons and Liberal Interventionists alike, though I'm not sure if that was more him, or Malcom Rifkind. 

The more I think about it, given the corrupt and feckless idiots he surrounded himself with, it probably was him who was responsible for it, rather than the idiots in the Cabinet.

Verbal Mike

Just watched it, Upworthy have it with a transcript for anyone interested.
I was very distracted by how he seems to use "nation" to refer to what I think of as a "state".
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: VERBL on September 18, 2012, 10:40:45 PM

I was very distracted by how he seems to use "nation" to refer to what I think of as a "state".

We Americans like to pretend that we are still a union of various technically complete States. In practice, we are more or less provinces, except we allow rednecks to make a lot of rules in their respective provinces.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: v3x on September 18, 2012, 10:49:44 PM
Quote from: VERBL on September 18, 2012, 10:40:45 PM

We Americans like to pretend that we are still a union of various technically complete States. In practice, we are more or less provinces, except we allow rednecks to make a lot of rules in their respective provinces.

Balls.  We're 50 big counties, all adoring the emperor.