News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Solar tubgirl video

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, March 07, 2011, 09:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Triple Zero

remind me to fix the SMF code so that it doesn't break URLs at those damned new-fangled hashbangs.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 07, 2011, 03:35:45 PM
remind me to fix the SMF code so that it doesn't break URLs at those damned new-fangled hashbangs.

Look at Firefox's linkify addon.  The link worked just fine for me, so if you can somehow use that on a board wide basis, it'd do the trick.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on March 07, 2011, 06:41:07 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on March 07, 2011, 03:35:45 PM

Look at Firefox's linkify addon.  The link worked just fine for me, so if you can somehow use that on a board wide basis, it'd do the trick.

Thanks. But I just took a look at how SMF does it currently ... and it seems that the current SMF code for auto-linking URLs looks like this ... somewhere in those blue characters on line 2 and 3 should go some exclamation marks and it'll work just fine :)

I bet they'll update the parser in the next SMF update though, since quite a few popular websites use hashbangs in their URLs now (Twitter does, and Google drafted the "standard").

(techno-babble starts here:)

I got a reasonable hunch where they should go (one after each #) but the problem is that the forum-tags parsing code is one of the more security-sensitive (XSS) parts of the SMF code base. And what they're doing is practically black magic (should've used a 3rd party library, parser-generator or at the very least a tokenizer+recursive descent parsing), I hate SMF, really I do.

BTW apprently the SMF-developer team are a bunch of backstabbing bastards to security-minded individuals trying to help them out
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Requia ☣

I still find it mind boggling like that that people who behave that way manage to keep a job in the computer industry.

Not in a this will wreck the business/how stupid are you type way (there seems to be an unlimited tolerance for that kind of stupidity), I just keep expecting the programmers that know better to form a lynch mob and deal with the problem.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Requia ☣ on March 08, 2011, 12:02:50 AM
I still find it mind boggling like that that people who behave that way manage to keep a job in the computer industry.

Not in a this will wreck the business/how stupid are you type way (there seems to be an unlimited tolerance for that kind of stupidity), I just keep expecting the programmers that know better to form a lynch mob and deal with the problem.

It's just a computer-flavoured example of the shit we rile about every day here.

People are stupid.