News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

I'm mad as hell and I have no fucking clue what to do about it.

Started by I_Kicked_Kennedy, March 10, 2011, 03:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I_Kicked_Kennedy

:argh!:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/10/us-wisconsin-idUSTRE72909420110310?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

I'm so fucking pissed I could just put my fist through a triple pane window. I've watched as the ogliarchy/plutocracy has chipped away at everything that we had taken back from the robber barons. Everything that made this country almost bearable is being fucked with a corkscrew.

What the hell can I do? I don't live in Wisconsin. I mean, aside from donating money to ActBlue or MoveOn.org... since they all so adeptly pussyfooted through their opportunity to fix things, what is there? It's obvious the typical means just aren't going to work.

TGRR, ECH, Cain, what do we do? I'm almost a thousand miles away, I got not so much money, and I'm just a little guy, how can I fix this?

Anything. Hell, get bella on here to show me some black magic or something. Action is necessary, and I've been such a candy-ass for so long (assuming the natural order of things would fix themselves, I guess... I know, very naive) I have no idea what to do.

If it's best to let alone, fine... how do I get rid of this urge to stabbity stab GOPers and Tea Party fux?
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: I_Kicked_Kennedy on March 10, 2011, 03:42:00 AM

TGRR, ECH, Cain, what do we do? I'm almost a thousand miles away, I got not so much money, and I'm just a little guy, how can I fix this?

Fix what?  This is what the American people have DEMANDED.  SCREAMED FOR.

Now they're going to get what they've wanted.  Good & hard.

TGRR,
Doesn't interfere with the sacred principle of 50%+1
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

I_Kicked_Kennedy

Not necessarily refuting your position, but I cannot stomach the sight of a handful of ne'er-do-wells leading the sheep to their slaughter. If I were to see a parent gleefully suggesting to their toddler that they should drink whatever tasty beverage sits below the kitchen sink, weeks after purchasing a life insurance policy, I feel the need to step in.

"Well, they get what they voted for...." I get this, but I don't want thousands of families to watch as their livelihoods go to shit in slushpool for years before they get what they truly needed in the first place.

Fine, I'll avoid interfering. But for the sake of sleeping tonight, TGRR, tell me someone at the helm of this debacle dies fifteen pounds lighter with the supplementary weight in a basket on the other side of the blade.

Please...
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

AFK

Roger's spot on.  There's not much any of us can really do.  Wisconsinites are filling the State House, Democrats left to avoid the quorum, but Walker found a way to pound it down their throats anyway.  And this is exactly what the majority wanted.  And it isn't unique to Wisconsin.  It's happening here in Maine as well.  Out Teabagger in Chief is going to fuck over the public unions the same way Walker did.  He also just appointed a super sekret business advisory council that will be immune from FOIA. 

But this is what the people wanted.  They voted this shit in and they'll reap the rewards that come out of it.  Those rewards most likely being worker's rights going backwards. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: I_Kicked_Kennedy on March 10, 2011, 04:07:47 AM
Not necessarily refuting your position, but I cannot stomach the sight of a handful of ne'er-do-wells leading the sheep to their slaughter. If I were to see a parent gleefully suggesting to their toddler that they should drink whatever tasty beverage sits below the kitchen sink, weeks after purchasing a life insurance policy, I feel the need to step in.

"Well, they get what they voted for...." I get this, but I don't want thousands of families to watch as their livelihoods go to shit in slushpool for years before they get what they truly needed in the first place.

Fine, I'll avoid interfering. But for the sake of sleeping tonight, TGRR, tell me someone at the helm of this debacle dies fifteen pounds lighter with the supplementary weight in a basket on the other side of the blade.

Please...

Sorry.  This is how a republic works.  It is a tree that periodically needs to be watered with the blood of the poor and the stupid.  It is its natural manure.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

There's plenty of manure on this one.

http://www.alternet.org/story/150192/updated%3A_wisconsin_gop_rams_through_union-busting_measure%3B_thousands_storm_capitol?akid=6629.118105.dF0rX-&rd=1&t=8

As is pointed out in the article, this is something that will be going to the State Supreme Court...

And there's an upcoming election for a seat on that court.  A Democrat winning the seat will swing the State Supreme Court from a GoP majority to a Democratic majority.

The Democrats are howling for blood, and are moving to begin proceedings to recall every GoP senator who voted for this who is eligible for recall.

Fur will fly.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on March 10, 2011, 02:08:52 PM

http://www.alternet.org/story/150192/updated%3A_wisconsin_gop_rams_through_union-busting_measure%3B_thousands_storm_capitol?akid=6629.118105.dF0rX-&rd=1&t=8

As is pointed out in the article, this is something that will be going to the State Supreme Court...

And there's an upcoming election for a seat on that court.  A Democrat winning the seat will swing the State Supreme Court from a GoP majority to a Democratic majority.

The Democrats are howling for blood, and are moving to begin proceedings to recall every GoP senator who voted for this who is eligible for recall.

Fur will fly.

WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN.

Just kidding.  Americans don't do that, anymore.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 10, 2011, 02:11:04 PM

Fur will fly.

WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN.

Nah, but a massive strike of everyone hit by the splatter from this might make an impression.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on March 10, 2011, 02:15:03 PM

Fur will fly.

WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN.

Nah, but a massive strike of everyone hit by the splatter from this might make an impression.

Google "Ronald Reagan aircraft controller strike".

Suu

Quote from: Luna on March 10, 2011, 02:15:03 PM

Fur will fly.

WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN.

No it won't. Americans are too goddamn lazy.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 10, 2011, 02:17:02 PM

Don't need to, I remember it.  I also remember that air traffic controllers striking was, at the time, at least, against the law, as a violation of public safety.

Sure, I suppose they can fire every single public worker in the state, but that raises a hell of a stink.  Just look at what happened in Providence, when they fired all the teachers.  That's gone over like a fart in church, even when it was pointed out that, due to the combination of the contract requirements and the demand to at least bring the budget somewhere CLOSE to balanced, it's pretty much all they could do.

Given that the governor has all but proven that the entire point was to strip unions of their collective bargaining rights, rather than ANYTHING to do with the budget...  People aren't going to be happy.

Suu

Let's not forget since the former mayor failed to negotiate the contracts for the firefighters, they also went on strike and Providence was relying on Cranston and Pawtucket to come in and save us.

...HOW THE FUCK IS CICILLINE IN CONGRESS AGAIN?!!!!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I had to google the aircraft controller strike...

So there's going to be emboldened management everywhere, and workers will become viewed even more as interchangeable cogs?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 10, 2011, 01:48:53 PM
Sorry.  This is how a republic works.  It is a tree that periodically needs to be watered with the blood of the poor and the stupid.  It is its natural manure.

May I use that?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Luna on March 10, 2011, 02:33:54 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 10, 2011, 02:17:02 PM

Don't need to, I remember it.  I also remember that air traffic controllers striking was, at the time, at least, against the law, as a violation of public safety.

Wisconsin has a law against strikes by ANY public workers.
Molon Lube