News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

From the desk fo the Sergeant Major of the Army

Started by Don Coyote, March 23, 2011, 04:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

QuoteLeaders,

Our Soldiers, and especially our noncommissioned officer corps, are the envy of every Army in the world.  This kind of respect does not happen overnight.  However, this respect and trust breaks down when we, as senior noncommissioned officers, fail to meet the charge to uphold the Army standard and live the Army Values.

Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity and Personal Courage are not just a group of individual ideals, but a collective ethic.  These values are at the core of what makes us a profession and serves as our moral compass.

This is why it pains me to see senior noncommissioned officers punished for gross incompetence and negligence. Sexual assault and harassment, driving under the influence, and contract fraud are just a few of the major issues I see across my desk on a daily basis.  These are not junior NCOs breaking the law.  It is our senior NCOs with many years of service, the ones our junior Soldiers look to for guidance, mentorship, and counseling, who are not upholding our Army standard. 

I do not doubt for a second that most of these incidents could have been stopped earlier in the process.  Most of the time, a peer sees or hears something, but turns a blind eye.  It takes Personal Courage for an NCO to pull a peer aside and say, "I saw what you did, and it needs to stop now.  You are compromising your values." I Will Not Leave a Fallen Comrade does not just apply to the battlefield.  This part of the Warrior Ethos applies to our everyday life.  We must police our own.

We cannot expect our Soldiers to live by the Army Values when their leaders and mentors are not upholding the standard.  These values form the framework of our profession, and are nonnegotiable.  Values, plus the Warrior Ethos, guides the way we conduct ourselves as an Army and as a Profession of Arms.  We must be the uncompromising standard bearer for our Soldiers.  Leadership is the key ingredient.  Are you leading by example?  Army Strong!

The message made me  :horrormirth:.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Did you have a funny shit taste in your mouth? Because that's some anal to oral action, right there. The Sergeant Major sort of makes the Army sound like a cross between Boy Scouts and a beauty pageant.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Aucoq

Quote from: Donald Coyote on March 23, 2011, 04:07:20 AM

QuoteSexual assault and harassment, driving under the influence, and contract fraud are just a few of the major issues I see across my desk on a daily basis.

Quote"I saw what you did, and it needs to stop now.  You are compromising your values."

I can only imagine Coyote walking up to an NCO as he forces himself on a woman and says," I see what you're doing, and it needs to stop now.  You are compromising your values."
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Autigre on March 23, 2011, 04:55:03 AM

QuoteSexual assault and harassment, driving under the influence, and contract fraud are just a few of the major issues I see across my desk on a daily basis.

Quote"I saw what you did, and it needs to stop now.  You are compromising your values."

I can only imagine Coyote walking up to an NCO as he forces himself on a woman and says," I see what you're doing, and it needs to stop now.  You are compromising your values."
:lulz: :lulz:

Prince Glittersnatch III

QuoteAre you leading by example?  Army Strong!

Tacking on a slogan at the end of a memo about rape is what really gets me.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Don Coyote

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on March 23, 2011, 05:30:14 AM

QuoteAre you leading by example?  Army Strong!

Tacking on a slogan at the end of a memo about rape is what really gets me.

The memo wasn't about rape. It was about senior NCOs doing ALL the wrong things they do and how shitty of an example they are to everyone else. The major thrust of this is probably the recent conviction of a Command Sergeant Major for damn near everything listed in that memo. The sad and scary thing is how many of them get away with it, whether due to them sucking the right dicks, or laziness on the side of THEIR superiors. Why do they do shit like this? "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" That is the real Army Motto.

Aucoq

Quote from: Donald Coyote on March 23, 2011, 05:57:18 AM
"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" That is the real Army Motto.

Haha, my ex-brother-in-law (who is in the Army) and my sister (who was in the Army) used to try to ingrain that "Golden Rule" into my brain when I was younger.  :lol:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

East Coast Hustle

In all fairness, that rule is 100% true.

But yeah, the memo IS lulzy. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypseâ„¢

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"