News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

PD.com: The place I thought I could call home

Started by Phox, March 21, 2011, 02:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phox

Yeah, that's right. i've been registered on this site for 8 months or so. My total log in time? 47 days, 19 hours, and 33 minutes. Fact: I spent way too much of that not logging out while I'm in class, or sitting around doing research, or not doing anything worthwhile.
Fact: Roger's giving up on my PD. Fuck that.
I don't really contribute all that often, fuck I don't really contribute at all.  99.99% of what I have to say and (what I have said) is complete fucking garbage. I accept that. I don't know what I can actually do to change it, but goddamn it, I'll try.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to post 99% crap, probably, but I'll try to post 1% content. If I can do that, the rest of you motherfuckers can to. I'm as busy as anyone. Fuck, I really should be working on SOMETHING right now. Instead, Roger's got me all worked p about YOU. All of you. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Looking through rants, who rants on a regular basis?
Who WOMPs on a regular basis?
who tells a goddamn story, true or otherwise, on a regular basis?

You know what, maybe ECH has a point. Maybe we spend way too much time on pointless trolls than on making PD the weird and wonderful place I like to spend hours of my life at.
Maybe Cram has a point. Maybe we ARE scaring off newbs who would become contributing members.
Maybe Nigel has a point. Maybe we're beating a dead horse.

Or maybe. Maybe we just aren't even TRYING. Shame on you. Shame on me. I'm just as guilty as anyone, so you know what? Fuck you. Fuck all of you. And fuck you too, Roger, because if you weren't so goddamn good at everything, half of us wouldn't be intimidated and afraid our own stuff won't live up to the bar you fucking set.

So, fuck you PD. Fuck you hard. I'm going to try.

Phox,
Not okay, but still trying.

The Wizard

QuoteYeah, that's right. i've been registered on this site for 8 months or so. My total log in time? 47 days, 19 hours, and 33 minutes. Fact: I spent way too much of that not logging out while I'm in class, or sitting around doing research, or not doing anything worthwhile.
Fact: Roger's giving up on my PD. Fuck that.
I don't really contribute all that often, fuck I don't really contribute at all.  99.99% of what I have to say and (what I have said) is complete fucking garbage. I accept that. I don't know what I can actually do to change it, but goddamn it, I'll try.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to post 99% crap, probably, but I'll try to post 1% content. If I can do that, the rest of you motherfuckers can to. I'm as busy as anyone. Fuck, I really should be working on SOMETHING right now. Instead, Roger's got me all worked p about YOU. All of you. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Looking through rants, who rants on a regular basis?

You know what, maybe ECH has a point. Maybe we spend way too much time on pointless trolls than on making PD the weird and wonderful place I like to spend hours of my life at.
Maybe Cram has a point. Maybe we ARE scaring off newbs who would become contributing members.

Or maybe. Maybe we just aren't even TRYING. Shame on you. Shame on me. I'm just as guilty as anyone, so you know what? Fuck you. Fuck all of you. And fuck you too, Roger, because if you weren't so goddamn good at everything, half of us wouldn't be intimidated and afraid our own stuff won't live up to the bar you fucking set.

So, fuck you PD. Fuck you hard. I'm going to try.

Phox,
Not okay, but still trying.

Nice work, Phox. I owe you one. Roger's right, you're right, and hell, even I'm right. PD needs a fucking wake up call or its going to waste away.

And if PD is going to die off, then it is damn well going to die with a bang that shall be felt across the internets.
Insanity we trust.

BabylonHoruv

I've learned better than to tell too many stories.

On the other hand that doesn't mean all the rest of you shouldn't be doing it.  You are better people than I am.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Phox

Quote from: Nigel on March 21, 2011, 06:54:53 AM
Wait, what? I had a point?
I don't know. I thought you did, but it doesn't matter. Nice to see you back.  :)

Subtract Eight!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   I\'ve subracted eight from tons of things.<br /><br />CANNA NUCCA GET A NAME CHANGE HURRR

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Subtract Eight! on March 21, 2011, 10:28:17 AM
This place is drenched in paranoia.

I could think of better things to be drenched in.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

AFK

This stuff was easier to do back when I was just a married guy, with no kids, working retail hell hours.  When I worked night shifts, I had all morning to do PD. 

Now, I'm a married guy, with two little kids, and a 9-5, semi-public service job. 

Yeah, I guess I primarily stay here to keep in touch with the spags I've known since I started all those years ago.  But, it doesn't mean I've given up on Discordia.  I guess I've offlined it more and more and I've tried to work it into my daily life, more and more.  Not that I do anything terribly shocking, but, just a little Disco nugget here and there to try to wake people up a bit.  And I also focus a lot of my efforts on making sure my kids are able to enjoy the art of playing games for as long as they can, before the REALLY REAL WORLD FOR REALNESS tries to grab them by the neck and cram them into Super Serious World for Seriousness, 3.0. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Luna

Quote from: Placid Dingo on March 21, 2011, 12:29:14 PM
Quote from: Subtract Eight! on March 21, 2011, 10:28:17 AM
This place is drenched in paranoia.

I could think of better things to be drenched in.

I can think of worse.

Smartass comments aside...

I'm newer than you are, and I'd hate to see the forum die off.  I like it here.  Couple points:

Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 21, 2011, 02:07:54 AM
I don't really contribute all that often, fuck I don't really contribute at all.  99.99% of what I have to say and (what I have said) is complete fucking garbage. I accept that. I don't know what I can actually do to change it, but goddamn it, I'll try.

Doing my best.  Working through shit in the way, and figuring out why I CAN'T shit out a decent rant.  Not here, not face to face...  

QuoteLooking through rants, who rants on a regular basis?

Looking forward to playing with WOMPs...  But, until the divorce is over with, I'd rather keep a reasonably low profile while I slander my husband around here, and, as I understand it, it's bad juju to WOMP without offering up a photo for others to molest.  Rants?  Working on it.  Stories?  Most of what I've got are boring as hell, but...  I'll try.

QuoteYou know what, maybe ECH has a point. Maybe we spend way too much time on pointless trolls than on making PD the weird and wonderful place I like to spend hours of my life at.

Pointless trolls?  Dunno if I'd call them pointless...  Trouble is, seems to me (and, again, I'm new, maybe I'm talking out my ass, here) that what's NOT happening is that people aren't working together with the trolling.  Strikes me as an interesting way for people to go out and do shit together, rather than staring at each others' faces ALL the time around here.  Just need a bit more work on doing that kind of shit as a team, as opposed to stepping on each others' dicks.

Maybe some of the newbs wandering in are TRYING to stir shit, and scarper once they realize that it's going to be handed to them with a birthday candle stuck in it while the rest of the board snickers.  I'm still here, nobody's gone out of their way to be particularly nasty at me.  I've got little sympathy for people who wander into a new forum swinging their e-peen to try to prove they're the nastiest motherfucker on the 'Net... and less for ones who do it here, without taking a quiet look around to see what that kind of shit will get them.

Beating a dead horse?  Maybe... but horsehide makes a fine drum head, and can still make beautiful music.

QuoteOr maybe. Maybe we just aren't even TRYING. Shame on you. Shame on me. I'm just as guilty as anyone, so you know what? Fuck you. Fuck all of you. And fuck you too, Roger, because if you weren't so goddamn good at everything, half of us wouldn't be intimidated and afraid our own stuff won't live up to the bar you fucking set.

Yeah, I've run into that one, too.  Get a post ready to go, log in, and there's a new "Voices from the Basement" installment, and I wimp out on posting.

I'll get better about that.  No shame in not having shit better than anybody else's.

Hell, without a bar that's high, how the fuck are any of us supposed to get better, anyway?

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 21, 2011, 12:42:31 PM
And I also focus a lot of my efforts on making sure my kids are able to enjoy the art of playing games for as long as they can, before the REALLY REAL WORLD FOR REALNESS tries to grab them by the neck and cram them into Super Serious World for Seriousness, 3.0. 

Fuck that.  When you forget how to play, you've lost part of your soul.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

LMNO

Ok, I'm going to set myself on a Task.

BIP came out of a contest, re-envisioning PD for 2006 (it's been five years? Wow).

The Spider Project came out of a psycho letter collaboration.

The Chao te Ching started as a wiki.

Sticking Apart though we may do, it seems that cooperative creativity pulls good things from asses.

So I'm going to ruminate.  And my Task will be to find something interesting we can play with.

More to come.

Phox

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 21, 2011, 12:42:31 PM
This stuff was easier to do back when I was just a married guy, with no kids, working retail hell hours.  When I worked night shifts, I had all morning to do PD. 

Now, I'm a married guy, with two little kids, and a 9-5, semi-public service job. 

Yeah, I guess I primarily stay here to keep in touch with the spags I've known since I started all those years ago.  But, it doesn't mean I've given up on Discordia.  I guess I've offlined it more and more and I've tried to work it into my daily life, more and more.  Not that I do anything terribly shocking, but, just a little Disco nugget here and there to try to wake people up a bit.  And I also focus a lot of my efforts on making sure my kids are able to enjoy the art of playing games for as long as they can, before the REALLY REAL WORLD FOR REALNESS tries to grab them by the neck and cram them into Super Serious World for Seriousness, 3.0. 
That is perfectly understandable. But, on the one hand, I wasn't talking to people like you, who, ya know, have other responsibilities they actually take care of. I was talking to the people like me, who either have no such responsibilities, more free time than you, or just shirk their responsibilities in favor of PD Not that I advocate shirking responsibilities for PD (I'm looking at YOU, Phox  :evilmad:)

Quote from: Luna on March 21, 2011, 01:04:01 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 21, 2011, 02:07:54 AM

Doing my best.  Working through shit in the way, and figuring out why I CAN'T shit out a decent rant.  Not here, not face to face... 

That wasn't a literal question, but I know what you mean. It's not always easy to articulate a rant, even if it's in your head clear as day.

QuoteLooking through rants, who rants on a regular basis?

Looking forward to playing with WOMPs...  But, until the divorce is over with, I'd rather keep a reasonably low profile while I slander my husband around here, and, as I understand it, it's bad juju to WOMP without offering up a photo for others to molest.  Rants?  Working on it.  Stories?  Most of what I've got are boring as hell, but...  I'll try.

Rhetorical again. Also, I don't think this was quite as directed at you as to others who rarely at all.

QuoteYou know what, maybe ECH has a point. Maybe we spend way too much time on pointless trolls than on making PD the weird and wonderful place I like to spend hours of my life at.

Pointless trolls?  Dunno if I'd call them pointless...  Trouble is, seems to me (and, again, I'm new, maybe I'm talking out my ass, here) that what's NOT happening is that people aren't working together with the trolling.  Strikes me as an interesting way for people to go out and do shit together, rather than staring at each others' faces ALL the time around here.  Just need a bit more work on doing that kind of shit as a team, as opposed to stepping on each others' dicks.

Maybe some of the newbs wandering in are TRYING to stir shit, and scarper once they realize that it's going to be handed to them with a birthday candle stuck in it while the rest of the board snickers.  I'm still here, nobody's gone out of their way to be particularly nasty at me.  I've got little sympathy for people who wander into a new forum swinging their e-peen to try to prove they're the nastiest motherfucker on the 'Net... and less for ones who do it here, without taking a quiet look around to see what that kind of shit will get them.

Beating a dead horse?  Maybe... but horsehide makes a fine drum head, and can still make beautiful music.

Yeah, I don't believe any of those either. Just repeating ECH, and Cram's sentiments. As for the dead horse thing, that may not have been Nigel actually. Might have been Cram again. I can't remember. Sorry Nigel!

QuoteOr maybe. Maybe we just aren't even TRYING. Shame on you. Shame on me. I'm just as guilty as anyone, so you know what? Fuck you. Fuck all of you. And fuck you too, Roger, because if you weren't so goddamn good at everything, half of us wouldn't be intimidated and afraid our own stuff won't live up to the bar you fucking set.

Yeah, I've run into that one, too.  Get a post ready to go, log in, and there's a new "Voices from the Basement" installment, and I wimp out on posting.

I'll get better about that.  No shame in not having shit better than anybody else's.

Hell, without a bar that's high, how the fuck are any of us supposed to get better, anyway?

Tongue-in-cheek to lighten the mood after doing nothing but abusing everyone. (I really am in awe of Roger's content most of the time, though.)

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 21, 2011, 01:15:29 PM
Ok, I'm going to set myself on a Task.

BIP came out of a contest, re-envisioning PD for 2006 (it's been five years? Wow).

The Spider Project came out of a psycho letter collaboration.

The Chao te Ching started as a wiki.

Sticking Apart though we may do, it seems that cooperative creativity pulls good things from asses.

So I'm going to ruminate.  And my Task will be to find something interesting we can play with.

More to come.
Knew we could count on you, Alphapance.  :)

Luna

Yeah, knew they were mostly rhetorical, but figured tossing out a few answers might be a little helpful at least.

A lot of the stuff out here blows my mind, which is awesome, not just Roger's.  Even some of the one-line responses that get kicked out strike a spark.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Dysfunctional Cunt

WHAT. THE. FUCK. Happened this weekend?

I leave you guys alone to have a simple nervous breakdown and come back to I have no fucking clue what...

I'm not sure what is going on, however, I'm presuming we are having the "be nicer to n00bs and quality vs quantity discussion/argument/bitchfest?

I don't rant often.  I'm not very good at it.  I have considered myself a contributing member, but hey, if I'm not making the grade so be it.

LMNO

Quote from: Khara on March 21, 2011, 02:23:10 PM

I leave you guys alone to have a simple nervous breakdown and come back to I have no fucking clue what...

I'm not sure what is going on, however, I'm presuming we are having the "be nicer to n00bs and quality vs quantity discussion/argument/bitchfest?

I don't rant often.  I'm not very good at it.  I have considered myself a contributing member, but hey, if I'm not making the grade so be it.

There's been an odd atmosphere around PD.com in the last couple of weeks.  No one's sure what to make of it. 

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 21, 2011, 02:29:16 PM
Quote from: Khara on March 21, 2011, 02:23:10 PM

There's been an odd atmosphere around PD.com in the last couple of weeks.  No one's sure what to make of it. 

I've noticed.  I have no clue what it is, I think the entire world is in a bad mood right now, so why should PD be any different yanno? 

I'm just saying, if we're back to judging one's usefullness or value as a member on their rant or WOMP contributions, then I'm at the bottom of the barrel.

I'll be honest, I don't want to feel I have to defend my value as a member ANYWHERE.  I love this place but I'm in the middle of a lot of crap, this is the internet for heaven's sake, it's supposed to be fun.