News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Nigel Appreciation Thread

Started by Captain Utopia, March 21, 2011, 02:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 21, 2011, 05:11:46 PM
Quote from: Cuddlefish on March 21, 2011, 05:10:37 PM
Man, I'm so far out of the loop, it's silly.

I wasn't aware you were gone, but it's nice to know that you're back.

Well, to be fair, you just ain't been right since Richter shoved your head through the ceiling.

We thought that might get the creative juices flowing again...  Get some new music out of him...

I haven't even heard of another show since then, though.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on March 21, 2011, 05:13:01 PM

Well, to be fair, you just ain't been right since Richter shoved your head through the ceiling.

We thought that might get the creative juices flowing again...  Get some new music out of him...

Dimo's goal is to work the Holiday Inn Ballroom in a pastel tuxedo.

Dimo and the Smooth Tones.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cuddlefish

To be even fair-er, I aint been right since long before that...

Quote from: Luna on March 21, 2011, 05:13:01 PM

We've had a couple small gigs I didn't think were worth advertising. We have a decent gig lined up April 2nd, I believe, at Firehouse 13.

An aside, while we've been playing shows consistantly, we did the math and figured that we haven't practiced since August of '09. But, my guitarist is converting his converted garage into a rehearsal space, so maybe we will bang out a few new tunes after all.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 21, 2011, 05:14:25 PM

Dimo's goal is to work the Holiday Inn Ballroom in a pastel tuxedo.

Dimo and the Smooth Tones.

Fuck.  Now imma have nightmares about that.

Quote from: Cuddlefish on March 21, 2011, 05:20:14 PM

We've had a couple small gigs I didn't think were worth advertising. We have a decent gig lined up April 2nd, I believe, at Firehouse 13.

An aside, while we've been playing shows consistantly, we did the math and figured that we haven't practiced since August of '09. But, my guitarist is converting his converted garage into a rehearsal space, so maybe we will bang out a few new tunes after all.

Damn, booked up the 2nd, have paid reservations.  (Major SCA event.) 

Let us know about the small ones, maybe some of us can come make 'em bigger.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cainad (dec.)

<--APPRECIATING NIGEL

Quote from: Nigel on March 21, 2011, 04:17:52 PM
Thanks guys! Stop it!

Oops! I mean, way to spag up the Internet, nerd!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on March 21, 2011, 05:28:14 PM
<--APPRECIATING NIGEL

Quote from: Nigel on March 21, 2011, 04:17:52 PM
Thanks guys! Stop it!

Oops! I mean, way to spag up the Internet, nerd!

Much better, thank you!

Now... I just broke up with Mr. Language and am entering therapy to work on my recent habit of, as E.O.T. so eloquently said, only falling for guys who have one foot in another woman's vagina. I am also working on my anger issues. That means that, if all goes well, in a few months there will be no more blood-filled teeth-gnashing Destruct-O-Nigel rage.

This is fair warning, I think. In  the meantime, if anyone is being FUCKING STUPID ON THE INTERNET, especially in the areas of epidemiology or nutrition, let me know because I have an itch to BE RIGHT.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on March 21, 2011, 05:34:55 PM
...am entering therapy to work on my recent habit of, as E.O.T. so eloquently said, only falling for guys who have one foot in another woman's vagina.

Got any tips on that one?

<-- going through divorce because not-near-soon-enough-ex-husband couldn't keep his fucking pants zipped.

The Good Reverend Roger

Now... I just broke up with Mr. Language

:sad:

and am entering therapy to work on my recent habit of, as E.O.T. so eloquently said, only falling for guys who have one foot in another woman's vagina.

:lulz:  <--- Sorry, mental image made me plotz.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on March 21, 2011, 05:39:35 PM
...am entering therapy to work on my recent habit of, as E.O.T. so eloquently said, only falling for guys who have one foot in another woman's vagina.

<-- going through divorce because not-near-soon-enough-ex-husband couldn't keep his fucking pants zipped.

Hahaha, no. Since I caught my now-ex  husband cheating on me and learned the Horrible Truth about our marriage, I have managed to fall in love with three different guys in a row who had an attachment or fixation on an ex. With this last one, I think he's pretty much over her at this point, but the residual baggage from that relationship got dragged into the beginning of our relationship and pretty much killed it before it got off the ground.

IN OTHER WORDS, I OBVIOUSLY HAVE ISSUES.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 21, 2011, 05:40:18 PM

Now... I just broke up with Mr. Language

:sad:

and am entering therapy to work on my recent habit of, as E.O.T. so eloquently said, only falling for guys who have one foot in another woman's vagina.

:lulz:  <--- Sorry, mental image made me plotz.

It's the best metaphor, ever.

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on March 21, 2011, 05:54:19 PM
Quote from: Luna on March 21, 2011, 05:39:35 PM

Hahaha, no. Since I caught my now-ex  husband cheating on me and learned the Horrible Truth about our marriage, I have managed to fall in love with three different guys in a row who had an attachment or fixation on an ex. With this last one, I think he's pretty much over her at this point, but the residual baggage from that relationship got dragged into the beginning of our relationship and pretty much killed it before it got off the ground.

Well, that blows.  Everybody's got baggage, but they really should be required to at least weigh it in before boarding the next plane.

(That being the reason that, despite the occasional temptation, I'm not getting myself involved in anything until I've had a good look through my OWN luggage.  I've been known to do some spectacularly stupid shit on the rebound.)

The Good Reverend Roger

When are you women going to learn?

The only way to deal with an ex is to drop him in a tar pit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have to confess that I am holding out some hope to someday reconnect with Mr. Language. I have never gotten back together with anyone, ever, so it would be a first for me, but maybe if we both work out some shit on our own we'd be able to make a real go of it. He is a good one, but the baggage has to be gone.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 21, 2011, 06:07:04 PM

Once I have the last of my shit out of the house and the paperwork signed, I will not need to attempt to remain on any kind of speaking terms with him.  (We're trying to get out of this without the lawyers having EVERYTHING.)

Once everything is done, I shall endeavor to drop him in a mental tar pit, and cease to recognize that he exists.

Quote from: Nigel on March 21, 2011, 06:10:57 PM
I have to confess that I am holding out some hope to someday reconnect with Mr. Language. I have never gotten back together with anyone, ever, so it would be a first for me, but maybe if we both work out some shit on our own we'd be able to make a real go of it. He is a good one, but the baggage has to be gone.

Going back to an old relationship is like finding out the milk has gone bad, and putting it back into the fridge to see if it's any better next week.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on March 21, 2011, 06:21:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 21, 2011, 06:07:04 PM

Once I have the last of my shit out of the house and the paperwork signed, I will not need to attempt to remain on any kind of speaking terms with him.  (We're trying to get out of this without the lawyers having EVERYTHING.)

Once everything is done, I shall endeavor to drop him in a mental tar pit, and cease to recognize that he exists.

Quote from: Nigel on March 21, 2011, 06:10:57 PM

Going back to an old relationship is like finding out the milk has gone bad, and putting it back into the fridge to see if it's any better next week.

That is normally how I regard past relationships. Oh man, ex #2, father of my children, tried to hit on me a while back. I threw up a little in my mouth.

It's just not normally possible for me. However, in this case, nothing bad happened. Nothing really soured it. We just hit a roadblock we couldn't get past together, and we both have baggage that needs to be repaired and set aside before we can move forward. He is an awesome person, we love each other, and if we both do whatever it is we need to do in the meantime to take care of ourselves and be healthy people free from past hangups (him) and insecurities (me), I think there's a really good chance we could make things work in the future if we start over. Which is a big if... but it's not like I'm going to regret making myself a better person, no matter what happens.