News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Songs for the broken hearted

Started by Lies, March 24, 2011, 03:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumckle

The Mountain Goats- Woke Up New

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-jN3vH26NQ

ETA: also this by the Mountain Goats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sskFjbHu_W0

Only just noticed it was a related song
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Lies on March 24, 2011, 03:23:01 PM
I've had a hell of a last 3 weeks.
Long story short, don't ask any fucking questions, I'm aware of the reputation I have here and in quick rhetoric before stupid/spiteful questions are asked, I am currently single, and have had my heart broken about 3 times in the last 3 weeks.
Long story, don't want to get into it, but I want you to help me.

I'm feeling emo, I want to hear some tunes that are singing my pain of unrequited love and confusion about how much love sucks in general.
Give me suggestions or get the fuck out.

See?  THIS is how things get done.  Tears and mascara, kids, tears and mascara.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

So, really nobody linked to Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart yet? Well, that's the one I like to play when I'm in that mood.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Roaring Biscuit!

Tom Waits:  Kentucky Avenue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LWqEfvoPFw

Dresden Dolls:  Glass Slipper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqVqPZ47seg&feature=related

x

edd

EDIT:  if you've got spotify, the live @ st. louis version of the second song is better

Payne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 02, 2011, 10:27:55 PM
Quote from: Lies on March 24, 2011, 03:23:01 PM
I've had a hell of a last 3 weeks.
Long story short, don't ask any fucking questions, I'm aware of the reputation I have here and in quick rhetoric before stupid/spiteful questions are asked, I am currently single, and have had my heart broken about 3 times in the last 3 weeks.
Long story, don't want to get into it, but I want you to help me.

I'm feeling emo, I want to hear some tunes that are singing my pain of unrequited love and confusion about how much love sucks in general.
Give me suggestions or get the fuck out.

See?  THIS is how things get done.  Tears and mascara, kids, tears and mascara.

He never learns, Roger.

Lyris_Nymphetamine

Man turns into whining emo small-cocked faggot upon what appears to be a bad breakup (ref: The Good Reverend Roger, A moment of insanity with Lies reply #36) and there's little to no trolling of said emo. I'm disappointed at you PD.

Grow some balls Lies. It's a big scary world outside your basement.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Lyris_Nymphetamine on April 04, 2011, 05:56:47 PM
Man turns into whining emo small-cocked faggot upon what appears to be a bad breakup (ref: The Good Reverend Roger, A moment of insanity with Lies reply #36) and there's little to no trolling of said emo. I'm disappointed at you PD.

Are you sure you don't want to throw in some more bigoted slurs to show what a huge non-gay-loving e-penis you have?

And I don't consider a period of grieving over the loss of close relationships to be emo. That would be normal and healthy.

Emo is when people tie their identity to being a self-pitying weepmachine.

Lies has shown himself to be a lot more than that, unlike your continuing parade of fail.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Fuck off, aspie.  Lies and I may argue back and forth from thread to thread, but I'd rather have one of him than 20 of you.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Phox

Heya Fuckface III., as PD's resident emo-fag queen, I assure you that my cock is not small. Ask Roger, he keeps it in Tucson for me, because it's illegal to keep it in Illinois.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on April 05, 2011, 03:46:59 AM

Heya Fuckface III., as PD's resident emo-fag queen, I assure you that my cock is not small. Ask Roger, he keeps it in Tucson for me, because it's illegal to keep it in Illinois.

Thing's the size of a fucking zeppelin.  We keep it at DM AFB, in a special hangar run by Richard Simmons fans.

Don Coyote

:lulz:

really?

You wait until the thread was mostly dead to stir it up? And this is the best you can fucking do? Just so full of fail. So much fail you stand in the fire until you die.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Donald Coyote on April 05, 2011, 03:51:11 AM

really?

You wait until the thread was mostly dead to stir it up? And this is the best you can fucking do? Just so full of fail. So much fail you stand in the fire until you die.

Lyris has been around a while.  She knows exactly what the fuck she's doing.

Would you like to know more?

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 05, 2011, 03:52:29 AM

really?

I WOULD! I WOULD! I've always wondered what was her deal....

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 05, 2011, 03:52:29 AM

really?

YES!!!!!

The Good Reverend Roger

Two things:

1.  "She" is a basement dweller, Mom's house, etc, in a shitty little subdivision near LA.  This is fact.  I speculate that "she" weighs approximately 400 pounds, based on the sheer level of malice "she" spews at everyone who seems to be having a good time...or any other kind of time that involves, you know, other people.

2.  "Her" early posts were like this:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=20308.msg683772#msg683772

"She" bombed, and then came back 2 years later to puke "her" weak-sister hatred all over the place.

3.  "She" has a penis.  It's just very small, and "she" tapes it.