News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

I've never cooked a crow before but...

Started by Roaring Biscuit!, March 30, 2011, 01:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaring Biscuit!

... I might be trying it over the weekend.  hints an' tips?  I'm thinking a crow roast might be a laugh, I'm also fairly sure it's gonna taste like arse.

I'll post pics in the aftermath :)

xx

edd

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Roaring Biscuit!

Luna

You really can find fucking anything on the internet.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Luna

Quote from: Khara on March 30, 2011, 02:29:11 PM
:vom:

Agreed.  They're rats with wings, barely a step above pigeons.  I'd have to be starving to try it, but...  Google-fu, on call.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Luna on March 30, 2011, 02:36:41 PM

Agreed.  They're rats with wings, barely a step above pigeons.  I'd have to be starving to try it, but...  Google-fu, on call.

Eh pigeons are no different than doves which I really don't like to eat either.  It's like eating your pet. 

Crows however are, in my thinking, more like buzzards, and taking that thought process further, they eat rotting animals, you kill them and then eat them and so then you are eating rotting animals which is :vom:

LMNO

Khara, I hope you never think about lobsters, crabs, or flounder that way...

...Whoops.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 30, 2011, 02:51:38 PM
Khara, I hope you never think about lobsters, crabs, or flounder that way...

...Whoops.

Nope, strangely enough, even knowing they are scavengers my brain allows me to just ignore the ocean dropping eaters.... YAY BRAIN!!!  Because I love lobster and crab and all those lovely little crawly creatures that taste so delicious in drawn butter... mmmmmmm

Well I don't eat flounder unless it's my only choice, it is not one of my favorite fish.

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: Khara on March 30, 2011, 02:46:02 PM

Eh pigeons are no different than doves which I really don't like to eat either.  It's like eating your pet. 

Crows however are, in my thinking, more like buzzards, and taking that thought process further, they eat rotting animals, you kill them and then eat them and so then you are eating rotting animals which is :vom:

SCIENCE

:wink:

Jenne

Sounds like the meat is...PUNGENT.  That site recommends you soak the shit out of the meat before you even begin to use the recipe.

That's a good indication right there on how it will taste...

East Coast Hustle

Actually, pigeon can be quite good. If you've ever enjoyed an entree of "rock dove" at a good restaurant, then you agree.

Crows, however, are predator birds. Predator birds are about the most disgusting-tasting warm-blooded creature you can eat.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 31, 2011, 12:56:59 AM

Actually, pigeon can be quite good. If you've ever enjoyed an entree of "rock dove" at a good restaurant, then you agree.

Crows, however, are predator birds. Predator birds are about the most disgusting-tasting warm-blooded creature you can eat.

Oh I never meant pigeon didn't taste good or dove for that matter, they're just so (I'm a girl dammit) cute.

East Coast Hustle

I forced myself to get over the "don't eat the cute ones" instinct.

Had to, in fact. I think pigs are goddamn cute, so if I hadn't been able to come to terms with it I probably would have starved.

ECH,
porkatarian
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 31, 2011, 12:56:59 AM

something to add to the anecdote repertoire though right?
xx