Getting the dog to eat her damned pills.

Started by Requia ☣, March 31, 2011, 04:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

Ok, so the dog has an ear infection, and she needs to take her damned antibiotics so she can walk without falling over again.  Problem is, as of this morning, she's refusing to eat the hotdog I put the pills in, she just chews it up and spits the whole thing out.

Anybody have any ideas?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Luna

What other people-food does she like?  Peanut butter, maybe?

I view holding her down and shoving it down her throat as a last resort.  I about lost a finger doing that with a cat.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

Hold her mouth open, shove it in, hold it shut until she swallows. Yes. Really.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Go to your vet and tell them to give you a pet piller.  If not they are about $5 or less at a pet store.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on March 31, 2011, 04:52:24 PM
Hold her mouth open, shove it in, hold it shut until she swallows. Yes. Really.

Tempting, but she could take my hand off if she decides not to let me.

Hmm, tried cheese, but not easy cheese.

Suu

What kind of dog? And do you have backup?

-Suu
Had to watch her mom inject Benedryl into a 120lb German Shepherd's mouth last week. Lawl'd.

Requia ☣

Doberman rottweiler mix.  Though, I hadn't seen the pet piller when I said that, not actually having my hand in her mouth would be fine.

Suu

Quote from: Requia ☣ on March 31, 2011, 05:08:23 PM
Doberman rottweiler mix.  Though, I hadn't seen the pet piller when I said that, not actually having my hand in her mouth would be fine.

Yeah, that's a toothy heavy dog...just a bit.

Juana

Is there a way you can grind it up/squish out the gel on to/into the food? Even if the dog spits it out, she'll get the meds.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 31, 2011, 05:43:10 PM
suppository. E/O/T.

If she hasn't eaten her pill by the time its an hour till the vet closes this is exactly what she's getting.

I'm fairly sure she'll eat it tomorrow too.

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 31, 2011, 05:44:20 PM
Stuff the pill in a cat. 

She's afraid of cats.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on March 31, 2011, 04:50:36 PM
Ok, so the dog has an ear infection, and she needs to take her damned antibiotics so she can walk without falling over again.  Problem is, as of this morning, she's refusing to eat the hotdog I put the pills in, she just chews it up and spits the whole thing out.

Anybody have any ideas?

Wrap it in cheese.  There isn't a dog on Earth that can resist cheese.

Or, shoot dog and eat pills.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.