News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Missisipi Doesnt Like Black People

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, April 08, 2011, 05:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/04/nearly-of-mississippi-republicans-think-interracial-marriage-should-be-illegal.php

QuoteAmericans nationwide are evenly divided over the issue of same sex marriage. But Republicans in Mississippi are divided over a wholly different wedlock issue: interracial marriage.

In a PPP poll released Thursday, a 46% plurality of registered Republican voters said they thought interracial marriage was not just wrong, but that it should be illegal. 40% said interracial marriage should be legal.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on April 08, 2011, 05:59:40 PM
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/04/nearly-of-mississippi-republicans-think-interracial-marriage-should-be-illegal.php

QuoteAmericans nationwide are evenly divided over the issue of same sex marriage. But Republicans in Mississippi are divided over a wholly different wedlock issue: interracial marriage.

In a PPP poll released Thursday, a 46% plurality of registered Republican voters said they thought interracial marriage was not just wrong, but that it should be illegal. 40% said interracial marriage should be legal.

:lulz:

They don't even feel the need to hide it, anymore.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Disco Pickle

except they neglect to mention that Mississippi's population is 37% black, the highest proportion in the nation, and if it's also the most conservative state in the nation, it stands to reason that a fair number of african americans there are registered republican.  I'd be more interested to see the demographics of who gave that answer.   
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Pickled Starfish on April 08, 2011, 06:14:18 PM
except they neglect to mention that Mississippi's population is 37% black, the highest proportion in the nation, and if it's also the most conservative state in the nation, it stands to reason that a fair number of african americans there are registered republican.  I'd be more interested to see the demographics of who gave that answer.   

It would not surprise me to discover that a sizeable portion of the people against interracial marriage are black.

Racism isn't just for whites after all.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

except they neglect to mention that Mississippi's population is 37% black, the highest proportion in the nation, and if it's also the most conservative state in the nation, it stands to reason that a fair number of african americans there are registered republican. 

Assumes facts not in evidence.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on April 08, 2011, 06:16:13 PM

It would not surprise me to discover that a sizeable portion of the people against interracial marriage are black.

Well, sure, because Blacks - given their history - just can't understand that segregation of any type is a bad thing.

LET'S SEE SOME FUCKING NUMBERS.  Because, otherwise, this reads like the conservatards at Capitol Grilling.

Elder Iptuous

really?
it would surprise me...
i guess it depends on what 'sizable' is.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2011, 06:19:39 PM
except they neglect to mention that Mississippi's population is 37% black, the highest proportion in the nation, and if it's also the most conservative state in the nation, it stands to reason that a fair number of african americans there are registered republican.  I'd be more interested to see the demographics of who gave that answer.  

Well, sure, because Blacks - given their history - just can't understand that segregation of any type is a bad thing.

LET'S SEE SOME FUCKING NUMBERS.  Because, otherwise, this reads like the conservatards at Capitol Grilling.

I'm unaware of anyone tracking party affiliation by ethnicity or if someone does, I can't find it at the moment and so can't give you any numbers at the moment soooo..  widthdrawn.

speculation is purely speculation.  I'll see if I can find anything to either confirm or deny when I get home.  

I did find this: http://www.zata3.com/about-zata3/statewide-survey-of-african-american-voters-in-mississippi

which states that: African Americans in Mississippi approve of the Democratic Party by a healthy 5:1 margin.

doesn't say anything about whether they were polling registered voters or not.

[EDIT] it does say they were registered voters, but doesn't say whether it was done based on party affiliation.  It was sponsored by Zata|3 Consulting, a Democrat and progressive advocacy group, but that doesn't, of course, mean it was skewed.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Thurnez Isa

Considering it was only a phone poll of only republicans I would be very surprised if that was case. Not to say it can't be
heres the actual poll
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_MS_0407915.pdf
Ill start going over it in a bit.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Luna

Given that they were probing at a racially charged issue, I'm surprised they appear to have neglected to as for race in the survey.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Thurna, you're just not up to speed on American right-wing trends.

The Blacks are the racists, now...Because we can infer from Louis Farrakan that all Blacks hate Whites, and from Jeremiah Wright that all Blacks hate America.

400 years of White domination of Blacks?  Oh, that's all gone.  Especially in hotbeds of forward-thinking types like Mississippi.  And the republican party in general.

Thurnez Isa

The first thing I notice is that 46% think interracial marriage should be illegal, 40% legal
but only 40% consider themselves very conservative, meaning there are people polled that think that position is moderate or only a little conservative.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.

Dante

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on April 08, 2011, 06:37:18 PM
The first thing I notice is that 46% think interracial marriage should be illegal, 40% legal
but only 40% consider themselves very conservative, meaning there are people polled that think that position is moderate or only a little conservative.

Well, sure.  And because 37.2% of the state is Black, then there's only 8.8% of White people that don't want interracial marriage, because, as we all know (see above), Blacks are the New Racists.  Just ask any right winger.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Luna on April 08, 2011, 06:36:12 PM
Given that they were probing at a racially charged issue, I'm surprised they appear to have neglected to as for race in the survey.

probably cause they didn't feel the need to do that.

Dante

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2011, 06:39:43 PM
Quote from: Thurnez Isa on April 08, 2011, 06:37:18 PM

Well, sure.  And because 37.2% of the state is Black, then there's only 8.8% of White people that don't want interracial marriage, because, as we all know (see above), Blacks are the New Racists.  Just ask any right winger.

:lulz:

Dante