News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

The Hipster is dead... long live the Hipster!

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 09, 2011, 05:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on April 10, 2011, 05:59:17 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 10, 2011, 05:13:04 PM
Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on April 10, 2011, 07:45:09 AM
Quote from: Nigel on April 10, 2011, 12:46:52 AM
Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on April 09, 2011, 11:27:16 PM
Quote from: Laughin Jude on April 09, 2011, 07:12:33 PM
I read that article and the Wikipedia article and I'm still not sure what a hipster is; as far as I can tell it's just a pejorative term for "young person who doesn't fit into our slots," right? Or maybe "young person who fits into a slot I don't approve of." It's hard to say.

Hipster is a genuine subculture/movement. The problem is that people have adopted it as a sort of slur to describe anyone/anything that they dont like.(Hurr durr X Band is so fucking hipster) So its basically lost all meaning, but trust me hipsters are a very real thing. And I hate them, oh dear lord do I hate them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lmvX00TLY

^The mating ritual of the hipsters.

Hipster is not exactly a subculture/movement. It's basically a placeholder for "progressive, experimental young person". The kids in that video are covered by the hipster umbrella, as are the kids who want to throw Molotov cocktails at them.

Newsflash: Just because some people misuse the term hipster as an insult doesnt mean that actual hipsters dont exist. And I dont get how you get that the people who want to burn the hipsters like furrys are hipsters themselves.

Sorry kiddo, "hipster" isn't a new term; it has a long and established history of usage and covers a wide variety of people, including angry anarchist punks who have the spare time and energy to hate liberal-arts students. You're trying to make up a new definition, and hey, if you can convince enough people that you're right, more power to you.

Fine. Bomb throwing Anarchists can be hipsters and the group of people I hate with an ungodly passion can be Mipsters.
FUCKING MIPSTERS.

I'd like to refer you to an actual photograph of ACTUAL ANARCHISTS. You can bet your ass that EVERY SINGLE ONE of these guys "hates hipsters".

QuoteThe Oregonian's coverage of yesterday's Red & Black anarchist press conference includes this fantastic photo that can really be nothing but a publicity shot for Portland's newest hit indie-rockers.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Bill Haley and the Autistics?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Nigel on April 11, 2011, 02:00:53 AM
I'd like to refer you to an actual photograph of ACTUAL ANARCHISTS. You can bet your ass that EVERY SINGLE ONE of these guys "hates hipsters".

QuoteThe Oregonian's coverage of yesterday's Red & Black anarchist press conference includes this fantastic photo that can really be nothing but a publicity shot for Portland's newest hit indie-rockers.

Bah, Anarchy is a pretty hipster philosophy anyways.

"Government is too mainstream."

Doesnt change my point.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel