News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

We Invade your Privacy for your Security

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, April 18, 2011, 12:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Hover Cat on April 19, 2011, 12:16:02 AM
I definitely agree. You take the shit my (Tea Bagger) parents say and replace "Muslim" with "commie" and you have Cold War rhetoric all over again.

Replace it with infidel and you have the same rhetoric the Al-Queda supporters use.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on April 22, 2011, 08:00:44 PM
I definitely agree. You take the shit my (Tea Bagger) parents say and replace "Muslim" with "commie" and you have Cold War rhetoric all over again.

Replace it with infidel and you have the same rhetoric the Al-Queda supporters use.

Which can lead to the argument that all bigotry/racism is based on the same hate principles?  Just >insert name here< and the rest pretty much stays the same....

Prince Glittersnatch III

Youre missing my point.

My point was that the search for terrorists in the US is a Snipe hunt. Much like the red scare was.
Im sure if you look close enough you will find a few(just like Im sure there were a few Commie spies) but its not this massive problem that requires tons of manhours and resources to combat.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Khara on April 22, 2011, 08:35:27 PM

Which can lead to the argument that all bigotry/racism is based on the same hate principles?  Just >insert name here< and the rest pretty much stays the same....

It's all based on the basic in-group out-group dynamic, but there's more similarities in this particular case.  Tea-baggers and Al-queda both love guns, hate gays, feel women should be barefoot and pregnant, feel their opinions are divinely inspired, and tend to have similar views on the US financial industry.

RE Glittersnatch

Ah, thank you for clarifying, and I agree, it's a distraction.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Cain

No, it's designed to create more terrorists.  Donatella della Porta's "radicalisation of protest" model of terrorist formation is pretty well known, including by the people who are ordering this.

The maintenance of public paranoia allows for the state to deploy counter-terrorist forces against percieved opposition to state power.  It legitimizes the use of force and future escalation in recruitment and deployment of those forces.  It signals clearly than threats to state power will be dealt with militarily.  

Along with, for example, American Muslims, as a very small minority with almost no political power in the USA (especially since the Republicans took up Islamophobia as a hobby) being declared "fair game" by much of the opinion media, you have the perfect conditions for creating home grown terrorism.  No real voice in the media, constantly demonized by propaganda, no real political power, subject to constant humiliation and surveillance by state intelligence....oh yeah.  That's going to end well.  Which is precisely the point.

The Good Reverend Roger

I think you guys are a bunch of ungrateful bastards.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.