News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

BREAKING!! Kid Kills Himself On Stage

Started by Disco Pickle, April 22, 2011, 09:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disco Pickle

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/04/17/2011-04-17_teenager_stabs_himself_to_death_onstage_at_open_mic_night_in_front_of_shocked_cr.html?obref=obinsite

kid gets up and sings a song called "sorry for the mess" then stabs himself to death.   :lulz:

ENCORE!

disclaimer: I realize I'm probably a horrible person for thinking this is funny.  Doesn't change the fact that I do.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Disco Pickle on April 22, 2011, 09:38:51 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/04/17/2011-04-17_teenager_stabs_himself_to_death_onstage_at_open_mic_night_in_front_of_shocked_cr.html?obref=obinsite

kid gets up and sings a song called "sorry for the mess" then stabs himself to death.   :lulz:

ENCORE!

disclaimer: I realize I'm probably a horrible person for thinking this is funny.  Doesn't change the fact that I do.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Disco Pickle

yeah, I know.  I just have little sympathy for people who choose to end their lives.  It's a cowards way out, and possibly the most selfish act any person can take.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Disco Pickle on April 22, 2011, 09:44:36 PM
yeah, I know.  I just have little sympathy for people who choose to end their lives.  It's a cowards way out, and possibly the most selfish act any person can take.

The sympathy here shouldn't be aimed at the suicidal kid, he got what he wanted.  It should be aimed at his friends and family, shit sucks for them.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Slyph

Well, the suicidal kid too, really. After all, it's a kid, who's suicidal.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on April 22, 2011, 10:01:20 PM

The sympathy here shouldn't be aimed at the suicidal kid, he got what he wanted.  It should be aimed at his friends and family, shit sucks for them.

oh, for them I've nothing but.  He's left his family and friends with nothing but a horrible story as a last memory.  For that alone, I say fuck him.  Fuck him in the face.  

Also, the people in the crowd, complete fucking strangers that have to live with that scene their entire lives.  It's a shit thing to do.  

His family will be stuck with this image for the rest of their lives for this one selfish act.  I have nothing but sympathy for them.

Salty

Hay now waitaminute, I'm sure I done sawed this thread before.
     /
:mullet:
  \
You gotta read all them threads now fellers, everone.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Bruno

My personal stance on suicide is that nobody consents to being born, therefore, no one is obligated to continue living unless their actions have caused other people to be born against their will.
Formerly something else...

Slyph

Quote from: Disco Pickle on April 22, 2011, 10:09:23 PM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on April 22, 2011, 10:01:20 PM

oh, for them I've nothing but.  He's left his family and friends with nothing but a horrible story as a last memory.  For that alone, I say fuck him.  Fuck him in the face.  

Also, the people in the crowd, complete fucking strangers that have to live with that scene their entire lives.  It's a shit thing to do.  

His family will be stuck with this image for the rest of their lives for this one selfish act.  I have nothing but sympathy for them.

It's not something that wants endorsing, but shit, You have to wonder what fucks someone up that bad.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on April 22, 2011, 10:11:27 PM

My personal stance on suicide is that nobody consents to being born, therefore, no one is obligated to continue living unless their actions have caused other people to be born against their will.

I lean toward the absurdist view on it:

QuoteFor some, suicide is a solution when confronted with the futility of living a life devoid of all purpose, as it is only a means to quicken the resolution of one's ultimate fate. For Albert Camus in The Myth of Sisyphus, suicide is not a worthwhile solution, because if life is veritably absurd, it is therefore even more absurd to counteract it; instead, we should engage in living, and reconcile the fact that we live in a world without purpose. Suicide, according to Camus, is merely avoiding the Absurd, instead of living in spite of it.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on April 22, 2011, 10:11:27 PM

I agree,  with the caveat that once the person is considered an adult you can still of yourself.

However it's remarkably inconsiderate to do it in front of a crowd and it would be generally more kind to withdraw from networks of friend and family before taking the easy way out.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on April 22, 2011, 10:10:42 PM
Hay now waitaminute, I'm sure I done sawed this thread before.
     /
:mullet:
  \
You gotta read all them threads now fellers, everone.

I'm really just pointing out that this is hardly "breaking", because it's a week old and everyone discussed it over beer last Sunday.

I feel like we ought to have SOME standards, sometimes.

Salty

Oh I agree completely.

There are threads. We read them, participate. We make new threads.

OR we spag shit up to the max.

ETA: I lol'd at your posts.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel